Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Very good idea

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Beel78 View Post
    What was the approx. XP and what were the amount of tokens awarded?
    This is something that will definitely be adjusted. Currently you can get one that gives 200K XP and 2251 tokens, and the next will give 19K and 25 tokens, but it isn't significantly easier. In fact the first one requires me to delegate 940 swordsmen (yep elite troops) and the second asks for 670 Besiegers and 670 Mounted Marksmen. If that isn't changed I'm sure no one will be doing these quests very much, At least I won't lol

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    This is something that will definitely be adjusted. Currently you can get one that gives 200K XP and 2251 tokens, and the next will give 19K and 25 tokens, but it isn't significantly easier. In fact the first one requires me to delegate 940 swordsmen (yep elite troops) and the second asks for 670 Besiegers and 670 Mounted Marksmen. If that isn't changed I'm sure no one will be doing these quests very much, At least I won't lol
    Ouch...and double ouch. Thank you for that. yeah, I hope that changes. That's a fairly steep price.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    It does sound steep at first glance, but it has a bit of a different view if you compare it with the cost of Ali Baba adventures. Using the EU Wiki for reference, looking at reported lowest possible with blocks:
    YWC: 140K, losses 314-2043 (excludes mixed version at last place)
    1st T: 125k, losses 275-634
    2nd T: 135k, losses 493-1715
    3rd T: 159K, losses 455-1523

Against those numbers, the swordsmen quest is not a bad exchange, especially for players who do not have the entire range of generals, fully skilled. The second one would likely be greeted with the delete button regardless.

World
    Zeus
    Add to that the fact that the time for producing swordsmen has been reduced and it's even better. 940 swordsman is a bit over 12 hours (13? 14? IDK) with a skunk. With the other buffs we have available now, it can be much less time.

Yeah, the second one is not attractive in the least.

But this is still overall a good direction. Looking forward to bumping up mag res, etc.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I lose 60 mounted swordsmen on Woodcutter, but for that amount of tokens and a bit of XP, I might consider producing 940 swordsmen as a one off quest.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    I fear I may have undersold them when I gave those values. As it stands, I was only listing the final award as it were. Each weekly consists of 6 quests and each of those gives xp as well (but no extra tokens). Of these quests, 3 are 'produce buffs to defeat the foreign ship'. (same thing as Halloween Golems, make number of special buffs, use on ship, clear ship) and the other 3 are produce and delegate and clear objective (ie. do three adventures, make 10000 paper etc.). So overall you will get more than just 200K or 19K (but the same tokens) and the costs will also be higher. My intention was just to show the huge disparity between rewards despite similar high costs, indicating the high likelyhood that it would be changed.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Daily quests are the same sort of thing. I do most of them. I'm not even going to consider giving up 2 manuscripts or dozens of elite troops for a few crystals.

World
    Zeus
    I really like this new content's concept...weekly challenges and upgrading pop buildings sounds like fun.

My notes:

It looks like the Nord Res and FM are both glitched, first upgrade is showing -55. Same upgrade costs.

The Haunted Mansion is not indicating upgrade-able (not sure if that is intended or not).

The RPH is also not upgrade-able (I could hope!). Same for Settlers HQ (with the significant bump from the most recent patch, I would not expect this to upgrade).

Jungle res, colorful tipi, deco colorful tipi, white tipi, deco white tipi, Arabian res, oasis res, watch tower, white castle, witch tower, and bone church are all first upgrade +20. Upgrade costs seem to be grouped by the building's starting pop value...except the bone church did not match the other 100s.

Mag res, dark castle, and Arabian palace are all first upgrade +100. The upgrade costs are vastly different.

The upgrade amount seems to be related to the size of the building spots consumed...2x2, 2x3, and 3x2 are +20 and the larger ones are +100...with some outliers mentioned above.

For the quests, I had one to "Defeat 1 Foreign Ship"...I found the ship but the only button that did anything was the cancel button - not sure how to defeat it

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlaar View Post
    For the quests, I had one to "Defeat 1 Foreign Ship"...I found the ship but the only button that did anything was the cancel button - not sure how to defeat it
    Same way you defeat golems at halloween. Click the ship to see how many special buffs you need to make. Make them in R/PH. Click on ship and move slider to pick how many and confirm. Then click the arrow to "defeat" the ship.

Reply to Thread