Reply to Thread

Thread: Buff Queue

World
    Zeus

Buff Queue

Currently, buff trading is some what hard for full 100% uptime considering friends don't always logon precisely to maintain the buffs uptime.

And as a person who buffs another friend, I sometimes log on too early and notice there is like X amount of time left and I'm having to come back again later to wait for buffs to expire before applying another.

Time is money and time is everything. It's like we have to have an alarm clock or something to get our buffs applied for the other person or vice versa for them to yours too of course. annoying when you're maintaining closer to 100% uptime and they're not.

So given the above situation (background info). I suggest adding some sort of secondary buff queue slot (not stacking) but just append to the existing buff timer.

This way, when you log on to buff a friend, you don't have to sit around and wait for it to finish and just buff them and get it out of the way and log off for the rest of the day until tomorrow's login.

We all can't be on at the same time and precisely when a buff ends either or we log on too soon.

Thanks for listening. Thumbs up and like or comment if you find this useful for you too!

Also- this is especially important when there are maintenance times that either last too long or just happening when your only time to play is during a maintenance time, when buff runs out after wards but you're not able to login to take care of it. Would be nice to queue up your buffs and come back again later another time.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    This sounds great. Would you just be able to stack one buff? Would if be a normal buff or maybe the time is halted for it, since it is a stacked buff?

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    The idea here isn't to 'stack' output %. If by stack you mean you apply a buff twice and making the duration longer- than yes (only if the building has no other buff on it already).

Basically, there is a Active Buff slot, and a Pending Buff slot. When the active buff slot finishes the pending buff slot kicks in (moving the buff into the active buff slot).

The main idea here is to help players (guild members?) who are working with each other trading buffs be able to trade buffs, without feeling like the other person is slacking or not doing their job. And given the real life time constraints they each have and also random maintenance times that popup that we need to work around in advance but there's an existing buff already ending at the timeframe of the maintenance either before it or right after it where we cant exactly log on to apply buffs.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I do like this idea!

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    This is a neat idea. I will see what can be done with this information.

-BB_Odhran

Reply to Thread