Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scouting Post

World
    Zeus
    It's a cool looking building, I'll give it that. I really like the way it looks. Now that I understand how it works..........

It's like it gives every general 2 books in Fast Learner, which isn't bad, but for the cost of the buff, the 2 day cooldown period and the difficulty placing the building because of the amount of space it takes up, the 20% bonus is almost anticlimactic. Overall effect is kinda, meh.

If it also gave a 20% bonus to loot, or if the cooldown was shorter, or if the buff cost less, or if Mary got a 20% bonus to her built-in double XP skill instead of earning the exact same bonus as an unskilled general, or if the 20% bonus also generated star coins, maybe it would be more exciting.

I can see it being kinda useful in MCC since there's not any blockng going on and the XP is pretty high on that campaign. So maybe BB is thinking this is a useful extension to MCC.

I'm not unhappy with it, heck it was free, it's cool looking and it does do something. But there is also room for improvement.

Edit:

Just saw the increase from 20% to 50% with the newest changelog. I think it's going to be a lot better than the original version. Thanks BB!
    Last edited by Perwyn; 10-10-18 at 01:55 pm. Reason: Edited due to new information
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPool View Post
    https://prnt.sc/l35m0p

As seen in my screen shot, left is WC with out scout hall, right is with. I direct hit 13 camps on WC, blocking 8 camps. majority of hits using mary, who provides the star coins on this.
    Mary got 10% extra star coins over all, but over all xp gain was only 5.5%.

I have the fast learner skill on mary and vargus, I think the scout hall ignores that.

To me this building is misadvertising. If you get xp for camps that go down when a leader falls, this should be included, if you have the fast learner skill this should be included too. I am sure the calcs are off here somewhere, and not just a blocked camps dont count issue
    Those numbers are correct. The mistake you are making here is assuming that a woodcutter is worth the 181K you are getting. It isn't. A WC is only worth about 139K. The rest of that you got is from Mary and Fast Learner. Now if you took 20% of that base XP, you get about 28K. Then take into account that you are only directly killing less than half of the camps, and the approximate 12K bonus you are getting is perfectly withing expected returns.

As far as Star coins go, the skill is giving what you should get as well. Normally, it would be this:

Base XP + Mary (+100%) + Fast Learner (+30%)

so a camp worth 10k would be 10K + 10K + 3K or 23K xp or 23 Star Coins. The new skill just added like this:

Base XP + Mary (+100%) + Fast Learner (+30%) + Scout (+20%) or 10K + 10K + 3K + 2K or 25K/25 Star Coins. That is only an increase of 2 over the original 23 which is the approximate 10% increase that you saw.

Of course since it has been increased, those numbers will change.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Would it be possible to have a timer that shows the time remaining for whichever Scouting Post buff is active on the Adventure island please? It shows on the Home Island but not on the Adventure.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Qiana View Post
    Would it be possible to have a timer that shows the time remaining for whichever Scouting Post buff is active on the Adventure island please? It shows on the Home Island but not on the Adventure.
    I can suggest this to see what can be done with it. Any idea spot in the Adventure for it?

-BB_Odhran

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    I can suggest this to see what can be done with it. Any idea spot in the Adventure for it?

-BB_Odhran
    The Zone-Wide Buffs area is fine, top middle of the screen. This is where the Horseshoes show as well as remaining Premium Time is displayed, thanks for suggesting!

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    i got this issue already. used the buff AFTER i started the adventure. DIDNT place and now i wasted 560 nibs on this which i rather use for books to be honest.. i tought i could earn xp easier to reach my level 50 which iwas already half way trough and i had to do the medium buff for it

cant we get the buff either way if we alread ystarted the adventure
    Last edited by dark_mobius; 10-18-18 at 12:13 pm. Reason: quote to original poster

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_mobius View Post
    i got this issue already. used the buff AFTER i started the adventure. DIDNT place and now i wasted 560 nibs on this which i rather use for books to be honest.. i tought i could earn xp easier to reach my level 50 which iwas already half way trough and i had to do the medium buff for it

cant we get the buff either way if we alread ystarted the adventure
    You have to start the adventure after the pop up message that the buff has started, starting adventure first or before the pop up fails to give you the bonus.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    The theory is that people can use it for more than one adventure this way. I have no such interest in doing so. I would rather produce a buff that I can drop in an adventure and just use it for that adventure.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    You have to start the adventure after the pop up message that the buff has started, starting adventure first or before the pop up fails to give you the bonus.
    thats stupid.. then the buff isnt 2 hours but 1.5 hours before you get there. and you still need to fight.. its better to get the buff whenever you want on the island and then only for what you attack after that.. well i,m not the developers. might as well not use it

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    It's still useful. The problem is you have to remember to activate it before the adventure. Even if you remember 5 minutes later before you have attacked anything, it's still too late.

Reply to Thread