Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scouting Post

Settler
    World
    Zeus

Scouting Post

I just wanted to get clear the buff on the scouting post. It is worded that the buff will only apply if you START AN ADVENTURE WHILE THE BUFF IS ACTIVATED or is it misworded (or am, I understanding it incorrectly) and can we start the buff at the tail end of an adventure and still get credit for it. To be honest if the adventure has to be started AFTER the buff is placed, that will cut out several adventures. From MY perspective it would kind of suck since, I really dislike blasting through an adventure from start to finish. I like taking breaks in between and just like a premium coin, I would like to activate it at the tail end of an adventure and then possibly blast through a second one if, I am in the mood (or have time).

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Great question. I agree it should be like a premium coin. 2hrs is limited but at least its something. Thanks for peaking my interest on the Scouting post just figured it was another useless buidling.

World
    Zeus
    Pretty sure (99.9% sure) the adventure has to be started while the buff is active and that starting the buff just before finishing an adventure will have no effect.

The upside is that as long as the adventure was started while the buff is active, you can finish the adventure whenever you want and you will still get the bonus.

For me, I can run a Woodpecker in less than an hour, so I could run one of those, then fire off something in the MCC chain to get the bonus on it, even if I finish it a day (or more) later.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Ares
    It didn't work either way for me:
    - First, applied the Strong Combat Intel buff (lvl 10-15 adv)
    - Then, started Treasure of Wisdom Adventure (lvl 10)
    - Completed the adv in 1.6 hours
    i.e., the adventure was completely started and finished within the 2 hr time frame of the zone buff and I got...
    Zero additional XP.

Not sure what is wrong. Wasted Adv Paper and Bookfittings.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I've just finished Tow. I used "Strong Combat" just before I started the adventure and finished the adventure hours later.
    It worked but (by my calculation) it gave only 10% more xp.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by ebybaby View Post
    I've just finished Tow. I used "Strong Combat" just before I started the adventure and finished the adventure hours later.
    It worked but (by my calculation) it gave only 10% more xp.
    It is only 20% more on camps you defeat directly (not blocked or vanish-with-the-boss type camps), not 20% of the whole adv.

As for the being like a premium coin, I like this better. With premium you can activate at the end sure, but if you do an adv and run out of premium just before you finish, you get nothing for that adv. With this, as long as you started before the two hours is up you can take as long as you want (OP did state they like taking breaks in between) and you will still get the bonus.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    https://prnt.sc/l35m0p

As seen in my screen shot, left is WC with out scout hall, right is with. I direct hit 13 camps on WC, blocking 8 camps. majority of hits using mary, who provides the star coins on this.
    Mary got 10% extra star coins over all, but over all xp gain was only 5.5%.

I have the fast learner skill on mary and vargus, I think the scout hall ignores that.

To me this building is misadvertising. If you get xp for camps that go down when a leader falls, this should be included, if you have the fast learner skill this should be included too. I am sure the calcs are off here somewhere, and not just a blocked camps dont count issue

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I got +6% on Woodcutter, which I was not thinking it was worth using it on anyway but didn't understand at first how the building works. Even more not worth it than I thought. MCC is what I was eyeing as potentially the more useful option.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I did YWC this morning takes me ages to do as i only kill with mary ...i gained with prem 419k with prem

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Just started Giant Battle, which would have been worth it at 6% or 20% or whatever. Forgot I had this building. Too late.

Reply to Thread