Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 16/10/2018

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    The new mail feature could perhaps be simplified/improved, but I am satisfied by the decrease in clicking. I still don't know if I'll bother with sending out explorers more often until they can be grouped, but this is a welcome change nonetheless to delete battle reports and collect explorers resources.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    i was hoping the scouting post would go to merchant.. when is this happening?
    thanks
    ciara

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Bug: Clicking on envelope next to avatar no longer opens mailbox. It does nothing and envelope simply disappears.

Bad feature: In mailbox selecting all mail and clicking Collect and Delete Selected mail unread player mails are also deleted. I think these should fall under "Any mail containing important information" like trade mail and not be deleted.

2 thumbs up for the rest.
    Mad scientist.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    Bug: Clicking on envelope next to avatar no longer opens mailbox. It does nothing and envelope simply disappears.
    Ok so theres another twist to this. If there is an envelope next to avatar and you click on the actual mailbox icon to the right of star menu the first click also doesnt open mailbox. instead it makes the envelope next to avatar disappear. Only then you can open the mailbox by clicking on it.
    Mad scientist.

World
    Ares
    I am disgusted by the Mailbox change, and I just got significantly burned by it. I was saving E-mails with links and various information in them since the time that I started the game back in 2013, and with one stray click, they are all gone.

Boy, I really hate that feature with no "Are you sure?" safeguard. Very poorly implemented.

1) It shouldn't be THAT EASY to delete E-mails going back years (Gem E-mails, friend E-mails, E-mails with links in them, and so forth).
    2) When E-mails are accidentally deleted (such as in my case), there should be an option available to IMMEDIATELY RESTORE deleted E-mails.

Given how long I have played this game (and contributed cash to purchase Gems), I am finding it difficult to express how extremely frustrated I am with this right now. WHERE IS THE "ARE YOU SURE?" SAFEGUARD?

EDIT: BB_Odhran2 tells me that there is no ability to restore deleted E-mails. Boy, I again can't express how poorly thought-out this "feature" is. Makes me want to seriously think about quitting this game. More than four years of records -- GONE, with no way to get them back, and no safeguard to prevent deletion. In addition, I'm hearing that I'm not the only one who has mistakenly had this happen to them.

Having been professionally involved in IT-related issues and programming for more than 25 years, I have NEVER heard of the responsible implementation of a significant system from which a recovery cannot be made.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I was not aware of the new changes to the mail window and so like I was used to, when my inbox filled up with a page of battle reports, I clicked the "check all" box and selected the delete option. Then it deleted everything. A bunch of messages I had kept for either reference or sentimental purposes, gone with no way to reclaim them from the trash. Super sad panda

Other than that, cool new features to mail and will certainly make regular maintenance less tedious.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    This was reported in test server as strong suggestion that READ player mails should be excluded from select all auto delete. These could be deleted en masse by specifically selecting them from drop down menu. Currently even the UNREAD player mails are deleted?!
    If you click the tick to select all and try to auto delete an explanation and confirmation should appear.

Another thing: Guild mails are not recognized as such by mailbox and the selection in drop down menu is grayed out as if none are in the mailbox.
    Mad scientist.

World
    Ares
    In my opinion, the fact that this massive a change could be implemented to the Mailbox system without a 100% "Are you sure?" confirmation option also implemented, and for no restoration option in the event that a catastrophic mistake is made, makes this a modification that was extremely poorly designed and implemented.

Given my experience in the IT industry, if the folks who programmed this Mail system change were my employees, they would no longer be working for me if they implemented a system like this which could produce such catastrophic results without having a backup restoration plan. But, they don't work for me, so I'll do about the only thing that I can do at this point -- Never contribute money to purchase another Gem ever again.

Very, very disappointed (which is about the kindest word that I can muster) that you folks did this.

World
    Ares
    The option (at least in Test) of choosing the Select All and then Delete has been in existance for quite some time. Fortunately, I discovered it in Test a long time ago and know to not choose that in the actual version of the game as it would delete literally everything in your inbox. Maybe if there was a new folder that we could put messages in that we want to keep.

Reply to Thread