Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 16/10/2018

Administrator
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Changelog 16/10/2018

Dear Settlers,

The recently published Change log lists the new features and improvements to be implemented in our server. Kindly leave your feedback and questions in the comments below.

Happy Settling,

BB_Odhran

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Curious to see what the cost/purchase options look like, and Yay! for Halloween.

Maybe one day BB will get around to fixing the issue of lag when not viewing the window directly. It seems like every time I minimise or hide the window progress on everything stops. Gens don't arrive and build camps, log-in screens pause, etc.

World
    Zeus
    I am glad to hear the Ballista will stay in the merch and am really looking forward to the mail feature - that's going to save a lot of monotonous clicking!

Quote Originally Posted by AstrumLuxLucis View Post
    Maybe one day BB will get around to fixing the issue of lag when not viewing the window directly. It seems like every time I minimise or hide the window progress on everything stops. Gens don't arrive and build camps, log-in screens pause, etc.
    I am betting that has something to do with Flash and your computer suspending its operations when it minimized or hidden.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlaar View Post
    I am glad to hear the Ballista will stay in the merch and am really looking forward to the mail feature - that's going to save a lot of monotonous clicking!

I am betting that has something to do with Flash and your computer suspending its operations when it minimized or hidden.
    While that's possible, it's more that I can send Gens to an Adv and step away for a half hour or more. When I come back the Gens are *always* 'just arriving' (regardless of how long I've been gone) and starting their assembly cycle. If it was 'just Flash', then they should already be in place and update when I maximise the window. Ditto the log-in screen.

Just another reason to abandon Flash in favour of something more current, although sadly BB's open admission that they have no plans to move away from Flash, and no plans to allow Mobile versions says more about the future of the game than anything else. The new expansions/events are cool and all, but the lack of structural investments combined with dropping numbers of players tells us what BB is thinking.

Mobile investment alone would make it so much easier to get new players involved, but being tied to a physical computer for Flash is an obstacle.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    While that's possible, it's more that I can send Gens to an Adv and step away for a half hour or more. When I come back the Gens are *always* 'just arriving' (regardless of how long I've been gone) and starting their assembly cycle. If it was 'just Flash', then they should already be in place and update when I maximise the window. Ditto the log-in screen.

Just another reason to abandon Flash in favour of something more current, although sadly BB's open admission that they have no plans to move away from Flash, and no plans to allow Mobile versions says more about the future of the game than anything else. The new expansions/events are cool and all, but the lack of structural investments combined with dropping numbers of players tells us what BB is thinking.

Mobile investment alone would make it so much easier to get new players involved, but being tied to a physical computer for Flash is an obstacle.
    Before you condemn them at least do them the decency of doing your basic research first. If you had you would know that the most important factor is screen size, too small a screen and you can forget about blocking, the game demands a minimum of a 7" screen anything smaller than that then you can forget about running adventures. As for Flash I'm not even on the same continent as Flash. Since the XXL I've run, the game on nothing else but mobile devices.

World
    Zeus
    While that's possible, it's more that I can send Gens to an Adv and step away for a half hour or more. When I come back the Gens are *always* 'just arriving' (regardless of how long I've been gone) and starting their assembly cycle.
    Oh, that's a simple fix. After you send your gens, go to the adv. Then go back to your island or minimize or whatever. If you go to the adventure once before the gens arrive (you can go before you after you send), then they will pitch their tents as they arrive and not wait for you to witness it. Not sure why it works, but it does.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Before you condemn them at least do them the decency of doing your basic research first. If you had you would know that the most important factor is screen size, too small a screen and you can forget about blocking, the game demands a minimum of a 7" screen anything smaller than that then you can forget about running adventures. As for Flash I'm not even on the same continent as Flash. Since the XXL I've run, the game on nothing else but mobile devices.
    You mean the basic research of running TSO on my tablet for weeks when I had to travel for work? That research? It's horribly slow on the only browsers I could find that would run the game. Screen size had nothing to do with it.

You're also making an unreasonable assumption that Blocking is an issue. Most players I've played with in the last few years stopped Blocking due to game glitches and lag.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Server Zone Crashed on all zones and now will not let me sign in...pls advise
    Lord_Sheffield WYTCH KING

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Adjusted the cost of several low-level buildings to better reflect the resources players at that level can produce: Pinewood Cutter, Pinewood Sawmill, Pinewood Forester, Tavern, Mason, Fisherman, Provision House, Storehouse, Copper Mine, Coking Plant, Copper Smelter, Toolmaker.

Is there a list of what these changes will be?

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Sheffield View Post
    Server Zone Crashed on all zones and now will not let me sign in...pls advise
    We are currently working on a fix for this issue. This also is not the spot for something like this.

-BB_Odhran

Reply to Thread