Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Halloween Event

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriond View Post
    Epic Fail.

That was announced months ago: https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...ight=halloween.

Fundamentally, this was false advertising. For all those who bought adventures in advance of this, or started/purchased a premium - OOPS! And, yeah, I did both of those.

Seems like less a "mistake" and more a major unannounced change. Personally, it was one of the things I was most looking forward to this event; there's not really a great reason to run extra adventures during this event, otherwise.
    This is not a 'clarification', this is a significant failure on BB's part, and outright dishonesty.

BB mislead players for a considerable amount of time, then changed course at the last minute without warning, invalidating all the preparation many players invested.

If the higher-ups at BB are wondering why TSO is losing players, maybe they should look at how their staff treats players.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Can someone tell me if the numbers on the wiki site for x2 refills is already listed at the x2 just finished VTV and only got 8 pumpkin refills? I was expecting at minimum 16?

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    While there is no doubt that the information posted in the sneak peek and developers diary was incorrect, that does not imply "outright dishonesty". For that to be true, it would require that the people knew the information was not correct when it was posted; our BB's have already made an mea culpa for the error.

The real question is how the effects of the information should be addressed. There appear to be two ways players used this information. First people stocked up on the adventures. As this is internal to the game and there are several methods players may have used to obtain the adventures, it would be difficult to create a reasonable compensation plan. It would be reasonable though for anyone who used gems to purchase these adventures to request that BB reverse their purchases and the gems refunded. So if there is anyone who actually did that, they should speak up (assuming they will admit it).

The second issue is those who purchased premium based on this information. This assumes that the same people were not already going to buy premium to improve their returns during the event. For comparison, BB could always look back at the last several events to see if those in question used premium to get extra event resources when more experience was not promised. Those people should be allowed to get their gems back and their premium removed.

What is most likely to happen is that everyone will get a mail package with some event-related gifts, as an apology - just as has happened with other every event. BB should really get on with that, so the players can start complaining about how insufficient the package was compared to the massive anguish they have suffered.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by dap6958 View Post
    Can someone tell me if the numbers on the wiki site for x2 refills is already listed at the x2 just finished VTV and only got 8 pumpkin refills? I was expecting at minimum 16?
    FYI, that wiki is not maintained by BB so questions about it are normally best asked of the site admin or in help or guild chat. That said, there is a parenthetical at the top of the adventure table "(pumpkins refillers are shown with the bonus)"...but these were also the values gleaned from test server (I assume), so if changes happened between testing and live, your results may vary.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    BB is SUPPOSED to be a professional organisation. It is inconceivable that
    nobody noticed the 'error' during the weeks that it was published, and I can
    only suppose that this was a deliberate attempt by BB to drum up enthusiasm.
    I will NOT be buying gems during this event unless the x2 XP is restored.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurboth View Post
    What is most likely to happen is that everyone will get a mail package with some event-related gifts, as an apology - just as has happened with other every event.
    OR ... they could just fix the problem and double the XP on those adventures. That would be the right solution.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriond View Post
    OR ... they could just fix the problem and double the XP on those adventures. That would be the right solution.
    This. This is what they said they were going to do. This is what EVERYONE expected them to do. This is the right thing to do.
    "I don't try to be awesome; it just happens naturally!"

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I am quite saddened that double XP will not be received for the seasonal adventures. I was very much looking forward to that.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I was looking for the 2x XP bonus, but I'm still going to run Wisdom anyway for the double event resources.

World
    Zeus
    If BB does a hotfix and we end up getting double XP, great. If BB doesn't do a hotfix and we end up not getting double XP, great. Everything else is doubled, as it usually is, so it's really not that big a deal.

Given all the times something's been implemented and is buggy this is not some huge deviation from the norm around here. Nor is it some purposeful deception on BB's part. What would they gain from it? Seriously.

With that said:

The event overall looks really good to me. Getting double loot on ToW, which is the 2nd best loot drop in all the Ali adventures has been pretty freakin awesome so far.

The fact that we can get a Laboratory for doing the Event Quest and can get a 2nd for pumpkins is also pretty freakin' awesome! Those of us that can swing it get 2, but anybody who's paying attention and putting in a little effort is going to get at least one. This is the second event where BB has done this and I hope it continues. It's good for new players and it's good for old timers. And it's incredibly generous on BB's part.

Keep it up BB. You guys are doing a great job, mistakes and all.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread