Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Halloween Event

Administrator
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Dev Diary Halloween Event

Dear Settlers,

The Dev Diary for the Halloween Event was just published and we can't wait to hear your initial impressions and overall feedback.

Thank you,

BB_Odhran
    Last edited by BB_Odhran; 10-19-18 at 06:01 am.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Thanks for getting the diary out, looking forward to the event!

It's nice to see how the damage calculation actually works, but it's really unintuitive. Any chance you could throw a 'base' in the tooltips so they were more accurate? That is, "Mad Scientist increases the *base* damage of heavy units by 100%". I think that would make it much more clear that relative bonuses stack additively and don't affect additive bonuses.

Also, as a side note, if relative bonuses work this way they're mathematically identical to additive bonuses. Right now there's no difference between "Increase the maximum damage of cannoneers by 120" and "Increase the maximum damage of cannoneers by 100%". Seems a little odd.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    It is great to have a lot more variety of items available for purchase in the shop.

It is disappointing to have seasonal adventures reduced in number of refills that they give.

You gave us a lot more things to buy that cost A LOT of pumpkins each, but you took away a solid way to acquire those pumpkins. Seasonal adventures used to give 3 times the loot and refills. During an event, I'm not focused on trying to get experience and level up. I have the other 9 months of the year I can do that. I want to be able to get event resources to get some great items.
    "I don't try to be awesome; it just happens naturally!"

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    getting more refills is kinda pointless because the pumpkin fields cant produce enough anyway. if you keep them producing all 28 days at +300% buff you might get enough pumps to get the new stuff. Thats about half the pumps you need if you want to take full advantage of the event.
    Mad scientist.

World
    Zeus
    We made a mistake - there will not be a 2x XP bonus from Seasonal Adventures and we're sorry if this raised expectations.
    Epic Fail.

That was announced months ago: https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...ight=halloween.

Fundamentally, this was false advertising. For all those who bought adventures in advance of this, or started/purchased a premium - OOPS! And, yeah, I did both of those.

Seems like less a "mistake" and more a major unannounced change. Personally, it was one of the things I was most looking forward to this event; there's not really a great reason to run extra adventures during this event, otherwise.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    getting more refills is kinda pointless
    Yep.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    "We made a mistake - there will not be a 2x XP bonus from Seasonal Adventures and we're sorry if this raised expectations."

what?????? this is epic false advertising .... i spent over a month making extra troops for this .... and now you just rip it out from under us????? saved all these adv for the event...

unbelievable.

World
    Zeus
    another epic fail from bb, not sure why im surprised lol
    been preparing, saving troops and adventures for this occasion and now its pointless, well, theres time to fix it though

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    How can it possibly be fair to revoke x2 exp at the last minute? I have stocked up on the 2xp ventures and troops for nothing. Bad Bad move BB

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    And what would BB say if we settlers changed the rules at the last moment?
    THis is unfair. You should stand behind what you promise.

Reply to Thread