Reply to Thread

Thread: Asking for Halloween event prep recommendation to NEW player

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Smile Asking for Halloween event prep recommendation to NEW player

Hi all,

I have been playing TSO for about a few months and this is my first Halloween event! Looking forward to it, but wondering what would be some great items that I should have on top of my wish-list to get? I have read that I can use pumpkins to exchange for things, but really don't have any idea about what to get. Any recommendation please?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    For a new player, if there were only one thing you can get from the shop, I would say don't let the event pass by without getting the Conscientious Geologist. It's very cheap and it will improve the quality of life on your island 20 times over.

After that, the new Mad Scientist general looks very promising. You won't get the full advantage of his abilities until you can make cannoneers, though. If you don't have a fast general already, I'd make a point of trying to get at least one out of the event. If you don't think you'll be able to collect enough pumpkins for the Mad Scientist, then Lord Dracul ought to be the next option to consider, and after that, the Grim Reaper.

The Haunted Mansions will be a new building to the game and will give a terrific population boost. I would make every effort to get as many of those as you can.

The improved storehouses I think would be very helpful for new players. You'd probably want to give them a high priority since they can be expensive to obtain otherwise.

After that, you might consider the silos if you don't have any, since they really help out managing your farms. But on the other hand, they are relatively cheap to obtain at any time, so they aren't necessarily a high priority for this event.

Any building with "improved" in its name will be helpful to you down the road, so basically get what you can afford. The improved deerstalker hut is probably the most difficult to obtain outside the event. So if you can get it now, it's probably a good idea. The improved bakeries and improved farms kind of naturally pair up with improved mills, and improved silos which tend to be offered in other events during the year… just something to keep in mind. They're nice to have, but no big loss if you can't get them now.

Fish farms??? Useful? Yes. Necessary? I don't know.

The Schools I would say are the least priority since there are plenty of other buffs in the game to increase population, and you can always just make more settlers from bread to add straight from your star menu. If you've gotten all of the other buildings and still have lots of pumkins, sure get the Schools. If you're not able to get them, don't even give it a second thought.

The one building about which I don't know what to say is the Laboratory. It will be a new building, and I simply don't know how useful it might be. Definitely work to get the one which is a quest reward. But since you can at least get that one, I don't know if getting the second one from the merchant should be a priority.

Hope this might be a little bit helpful. Good luck.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubuji_Miemie View Post
    Hi all,

I have been playing TSO for about a few months and this is my first Halloween event! Looking forward to it, but wondering what would be some great items that I should have on top of my wish-list to get? I have read that I can use pumpkins to exchange for things, but really don't have any idea about what to get. Any recommendation please?
    Hi i dont play this server but my advice is depending on your level you wont need the haunted mansions but the frenzy for them will be high you will be able to sell them for a lot more pumpkins then they are for in the shop so hold out...from my server they will go for double in the end..so this will help you buy the other stuff you do need ....try to complete the quest chain so you can get a laboratory the ability to get starcoins will help a lot in the future..dont rush in and buy stuff niether hold off for a week or so and see what pumpkins you can get and get every lootspot you can ...

Reply to Thread