Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Christmas 2018

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin View Post
    Will there a cost to move the Christmas Market? I see moving the Market frequently when I need a boost to production of different items. I hope the move cost is free.
    i hadnt thought of that. great idea. a moving buff.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I have asked about the moving buff and will hopefully know more soon.

-BB_Odhran

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin View Post
    Will there a cost to move the Christmas Market? I see moving the Market frequently when I need a boost to production of different items. I hope the move cost is free.
    Currently on the test server, movement of the Christmas market is not free once it is upgraded past level 1.

Level 2 - moving cost

Level 3 - moving cost

Level 4 - moving cost
    Last edited by Mod_Emerald; 11-13-18 at 11:51 pm.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    On the test server, there is a new recipe for the rarity Provision House called Smelter Calendar.

Increases the production of smelters (Bronze, Iron, Steel, Gold, Titanium, Platinum), Epic Smelters (Bronze, Iron, Steel, Damascene, Platinum) about 2x for 8 hours.

What is an Epic Smelter?
    "I don't try to be awesome; it just happens naturally!"

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Epic smelters are in the epic forge.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I checked out the event on the test server, but I didn't really have a chance to spend any time seriously "testing" it out to see how everything works. But the thing I have trouble getting over is the cost of acquiring and upgrading the Christmas market. 11,000 presents in total is just insane—I feel like this would have been better as a quest item, like the Easter University, rather than something purchasable with the event currency. I figure if I tried to get this, I'd end up spending all my time and resources on just this one item, but possibly still wouldn't be able to complete it, and then wouldn't be able to acquire any of the other items which I'd really like to get (like my experience with Halloween has gone). If it were only the initial purchase, and then somehow throughout the rest of the year you could pursue a quest or purchase items to level it up, that would be a different story. But I don't think I'm even going to try for it because of the overwhelming price tag.

I am looking forward to the new geologist and explorer, but most of all the new floating houses. Floating houses have been my most favorite building in the game ever since they were introduced.

Edit: One other thing I noticed: I compared the prices for several items in the event merchant to the regular merchant. For most items you get a nice discount if you buy presents for gems and use the presents to get the item (which makes sense… it's like a seasonal sale). There was one exception, however… Getting the grilled steak recipe was much more expensive to purchase with presents (at 3 gems per present) than simply buying it directly for gems in the regular merchant. At 300 presents this is equal to 900 gems, compared to the regular merchant price of 495 gems. By comparison, Aunt Irma's Feast recipe costs 60 presents (180 gems) compared to 195 gems in the regular merchant. Most other items seem to have around a 10% to 25% price advantage by buying with presents.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    New explorer with 4 times as many rewards is nice.
    But it's not a fast explorer, I believe. It has the same search times as the tavern explorer, so basically it's equivalent to the Amelia Earhardt explorer.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I haven't been to test - but wiki shows the xmas market at 1995 presents.
    http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/even...as-event-2018/

I agree with others its more useful if we can move it free - the cost to move a level 6 is way to high for profit to be feasible.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    I haven't been to test - but wiki shows the xmas market at 1995 presents.
    http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/even...as-event-2018/

I agree with others its more useful if we can move it free - the cost to move a level 6 is way to high for profit to be feasible.
    Please remember that we do not run the wiki and its information can be outdated. This is a fan ran website and not one that we run.

-BB_Odhran

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I'm getting really sick of posting well thought out replies and having them purged with this response.

https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...treply&t=25286

Reply to Thread