Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Christmas 2018

Administrator
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Sneak Peek: Christmas 2018

Dear Settlers,

The Sneak Peek: Christmas 2018 was just published and we can't wait to hear your initial impressions and overall feedback.

Thank you,
    BB_Odhran

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    New geologist is going to be my gold guy. Everything else I have pretty well filled in by the other new geologists, but this was the gap I was missing.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    New explorer with 4 times as many rewards is nice.

Christmas market is... potentially interesting as a concept. I'm sure I can squeeze it in somewhere and get some benefit out of it.

Still holding out hope for an improved recycling manufactory at some point.

Looks like there will be a good amount of things to buy. Hopefully the demands won't be overwhelming like Easter or for that matter what Halloween's becoming, but there's enough to keep people busy for a while.

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    The Test Server Look: Christmas 2018 has been posted to the forum. Sorry for the delay in publishing.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    New explorer with 4 times as many rewards is nice.

Christmas market is... potentially interesting as a concept. I'm sure I can squeeze it in somewhere and get some benefit out of it.

Still holding out hope for an improved recycling manufactory at some point.

Looks like there will be a good amount of things to buy. Hopefully the demands won't be overwhelming like Easter or for that matter what Halloween's becoming, but there's enough to keep people busy for a while.
    Could you explain a bit further as to what an improved recycling manufactory would do?

-BB_Odhran

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I agree that the Christmas Market is an interesting concept, but it would be sooooo much better if it acted as a storehouse. The best production layout is in the beehive pattern with production buildings all around the storehouse. It would be a magical surprise to have a storehouse that also provided a buff for the surrounding buildings.

With the Christmas Market costing 1995 presents and an upgrade cost of 9000 more presents to get it to level 4, decisions will have to be made concerning what other items could be purchased from the shop. For an item that costs nearly 11,000 event resources, it should do more than provide a buff that is the same as an irma feast, or an exotic fruit basket, or a zombie.

A storehouse functionality for the Christmas Market would make it that much more worth the high event resource cost.
    "I don't try to be awesome; it just happens naturally!"

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    Could you explain a bit further as to what an improved recycling manufactory would do?

-BB_Odhran
    Just faster production. I currently have 22 recyclers and half of them buffed. Of course, there is no input resource, no building license use, and I don't have to search for coal mines, so it's still a big win in its current form regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejacks03 View Post
    I agree that the Christmas Market is an interesting concept, but it would be sooooo much better if it acted as a storehouse.
    I like it. Much easier to work with as well instead of trying to find somewhere to stick it, just replace a storehouse.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    Just faster production. I currently have 22 recyclers and half of them buffed. Of course, there is no input resource, no building license use, and I don't have to search for coal mines, so it's still a big win in its current form regardless.

I like it. Much easier to work with as well instead of trying to find somewhere to stick it, just replace a storehouse.
    Thanks. I will see what can be done, if anything.

-BB_Odhran

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Will there a cost to move the Christmas Market? I see moving the Market frequently when I need a boost to production of different items. I hope the move cost is free.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Christmas Market:
    Regarding 9x9 area, how is the area determined? Is it 4 squares out from a Market at the center?
    With Efficient traps, you talk of a "2 square radius". So is the Christmas Market a "4 square radius"?
    How is diagonal direction measured?

It seems unreasonable to be able to place a market in the middle of where you want if your island is crowded with buildings.
    Why not use an area of effect like with efficient traps?? For example, I can place the 9x9 area anywhere as long as I have a Market on the island.

If I must place the building near the area of effect, make the Market small (2x2).
    Make it so I can designate ANY 9x9 area bordering the Market.
    And make it free or reasonable cost to move.

Reply to Thread