Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: This Halloween Event

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Wisdom is a decent adventure to run as far as time since you can mostly tackle it in two halves with two groups of generals. I didn't have a lot stockpiled but enough to run every other day, to coincide with the scouting post bonus. I shut down my nobles for a day yesterday. Probably have to do that for a couple more days further down the line but mostly running smoothly.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I kind of like the pumpkin fields. I feel like a pumpkin farmer. I wish there were permanent pumpkin fields in the game that produced pumpkins year-round… but not like a spooky cemetery… just a regular farm field for growing pumpkins.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGrayWolfe View Post
    Agreed 100%. I am not quite sure how people who have to work for a living are able to keep the cemeteries running. I am struggling and I am on disability so I am home all the time.
    I guess it depends on how they manage their time when they're logged on. Also if they're on premium or not. I ran some ToW's in the beginning which gave my fields a quick boost. Since then I've been doing a round robin of Bandits Nest and Traitors. Since each uses a different set of generals I can start Traitors as soon as BN is done. With a horseshoe I can finish either one of them in 35 minutes from start to finish. Minimum payout for the 2 combined is 22 pumpkin refills, with prem that's 33 minimum. If I run three of each it takes about 3 and a half hours in the evening and I can keep my nobles going just fine on a minimum of 99 refills, which is 33 each for fields that need 37 a day. At least once I'll hit max payout which adds a few extra, bringing me closer to the 37 needed. If I have to I can always shut my nobles down till I have time to replenish them, but so far haven't had to.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I have to do 6 bastilles a day by my calcs to keep the nobles going (not worried about the smalls and commons)...(102 a day on the low loot amount) and i'm sadly rainbowing the nobles to save time managing them. Every 2 ish days i run a tok (outta wisdoms) on scoutpost.. but ya they drop a stupid low amount for such a large loss adventure (i mean 11 for bastille and 24 for tok...)...(and i have premium).
    but the only reason i can run 6 bastilles is cause i log in before work and dedicate a solid 90 min or so to it, and have my mma's booked to be fast arriving...and i have multi mma.. so i can send 1 major and 4 mma.. by the time the major gets there the mma's are done.. send final.. send em all home, repeat with the OTHER major - and resend the 4 mma when they get back in 7 min (I could speed this up by making more cannons and filling both sets of mma.. but i dont want to lol). ... still i'm not a fan of running 37 bastilles.. and once i'm out.. (in about 5 bastilles) i will have to come up with another plan of attack.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    the refilling mechanics of this event is really bad.

for one, I didn't realize you have to turn off the Noble field before it finishes. I find out I can't refill it and have to buy fertilizer and then on top of that I find that the cost of the fertilizer eats pumpkins as a cost AND you don't get the amount of that either as a refill. the trade off cost is just ridiculous but at the expense of not getting the information anywhere in game or warning about how this refilling achievement works.

anyways- I did enjoy the new Terror quest adventure map. I like how it sort of reuses the same map and gives you a feeling that you're continuing your adventure from the last time you did the adventure. rather than a totally new map layout. felt like a solid adventure experience.

changes for the future? don't make the field expire in such a way where you have to use the fertilizer just let the refills be used directly.

another thing I don't like about the event is the achievement for the golems and their differently level. it creates a huge disparity in the guild and friends where if you have a buddy you trade buffs with and he's lower level than you are or vice versa, only one of you will benefit from doing the higher level golem water achievement. which results in the one guy having to go to general chat to 'friend' some random stranger outside of your friends list or guild members, just to complete the achievement. and in some case its wasted water because you aren't getting a watering trade back. having to double up on water duty basically. if a guild has no member at the higher level golems, it kind of gimps the guild a bit as well.

I don't enjoy this buff water trading aspect of the event. too complicated and not everybody gets the same golem.

changes for the future? get rid of the achievement of the golems watering. or have a generic, water "X" times
    Agreed on the Golems - it definitely isn't right to dangle event achievements that not everybody can make without at least making it thoroughly clear that they can't get them and therefore should not waste time/resources on setting up to do so. There should be CLEAR and CONCISE guidelines posted for each event by the creators!

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I found it to be a little difficult to get the 3000+ refills needed for full nonstop production at 20-40 refills per run, par some wild marys and T3 expidition runs, which seemed to offer the most at 78-101. I still had to sleep nobles at various times due to the time that is needed to chain 1-3 a night or full day off smashing 7-12 adventures. Not really down to spend 3 hours a night but i can manage a bit on days off.

The adventures for this year were pretty bad, big long maps, or chain cuts, wild mary, nest, outlaws.. i saw some potential with co-op and3 man swap runs, but never bothered, cause solo is generally faster.

The price of pumpkins in trade was two-fold this year, topping 7-8k a hundred. I just cant fathom buying ANY building or grout, when you can sell pumpkins and buy more on trade potentially compared to your merchant prices.. these items definetly needed to be lowered in merchant for our server economy. Pretty much farming for gens and mansions, lab maybe.

End all, i liked the event adventures, achievements were achieveable, but the chosen bonus adventures were bad to run for time issues. i can only imagine the grind others had.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I totally get BB making us work for our refills and in reality for high level players it is still no problem. Where I think they have gone wrong, especially this year, is there are few if any "good" multi player advs to run so people can help each other more. Yes the high lev players can share refills somewhat but be much better for all levs if we could have couple decent multi player advs to run. Events used to be a special time of co-operation in guilds now even the high lev players have to take care of themselves first.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    agreed. pochucker. i ran bastille, sftr, sleepy reef during all cool down periods of scout (and tok once every 3 days w/ scout). i was super disappointed to get 9 pumpkins from 2nd thief... i mean really?? that much effort for 9 refills. several other larger adv were single digit refills (after prem).. compare w/ 8 for low on sleepy reef which i can do in 4 attacks and 250r... and 17 from that one on top spin. they do need to rethink their refill drops for sure.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Pochucker View Post
    I totally get BB making us work for our refills and in reality for high level players it is still no problem. Where I think they have gone wrong, especially this year, is there are few if any "good" multi player advs to run so people can help each other more. Yes the high lev players can share refills somewhat but be much better for all levs if we could have couple decent multi player advs to run. Events used to be a special time of co-operation in guilds now even the high lev players have to take care of themselves first.
    I do think the adventures they picked has something to do with this but I think it was more along the lines the best ones for refills weren't easily available. I had 2 of the wild marys and neither of the two ali babas with double bonuses.

Dark brotherhood is a three player adventure and was run a lot this event (i imagine BB actually has stats on that type of thing) but the refills weren't particularly good in that one.

Reply to Thread