Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This Halloween Event

Veteran General
    World
    Ares

This Halloween Event

I don't find this event very enjoyable because of the setup with pumpkin refills. Way way too much grinding just to keep my noble pumpkin fields going - I have probably been averaging 6 adventures a day since this event started and that is way too much time for the results.

The only people who seems to be able to get ahead on this are the people who can run the Abi Baba and Treasure of Wisdom and for many people that isn't an adventure they have or can get in the large quantities needed.

I much prefer if pumpkins were directly gained from adventures, this refilling business feels more like a job than a game.

At the very least most of these adventures should be dropping enough refills so that someone only needs to do 2-3 adventures a day to keep these fields going.

I am sure other people have different opinions on this, but this is how I feel about this.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I just popped into the forum to post something very similar, as Narasn has posted. Very early on, and my Noble plots are nearly exhausted. I have almost concluded to stop trying anymore for refills and just rely on what my explorers bring back in pumpkins. I did run TOK the second day, but it is such a very unpleasant adventure and I have other things to do than run constant other adventures for a minimal amount of refills. I do think the refill situation is not as good as in the past. Or maybe I am just using better buffs. Regardless, I think I am going to give up trying to keep my noble plots going...I agree with original post.

I do like the new skin for the Excelsior and used my pumpkins to buy a permanent version. And overall I like the event. But Halloween Event shouldn't be a full time job to keep noble plots operating.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Thank you for this information. I will be sure to pass it on.

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    I also find it very discouraging that the fertilizer that can be purchased in the shop doesn't count toward the refill achievements for the event. Plus to spend 75 pumpkins to get only 10 in return is extremely wasteful. I understand it is to be used to bring the field back to life but with adventure refills being very low & the only thing that counts toward refill quota, I have come to the conclusion to just use the fertilizer I foolishly purchased, let the fields run down, delete them, & just rely on what my explorers bring back. And I will remember in Halloween events that may come in the future to NOT purchase fertilizer & waste pumpkins & to just let the pumpkin fields run dry as a 1 use item.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    absolutely agree. and i'm one of those who 'can' run wisdom etc.. however, i'm not willing to buy them, have them in short supply, and they are time consuming (even if i had them 1 a day max with my RL schedule), plus rebuilding troops in elite is excruciatingly slow.

I much prefer the old method of straight pumpkins ... no more stupid fields i have to waste rainbows on, watch constantly, ensure they are refilled... log in my my lunch break to make sure they didn't run out, worry that some unannounced, short notice maintenance happens while i'm away and they empty during that.... too much work.

Grumble is right too - no matter how you get refills they should count towards achieves. Heck, if you had to buy em with gems thats beneficial to bb. So its kind of a kick in the pants to have them not be applying towards achieve.

ciara

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Unless receiving pumpkins directly somehow produces more, I don't have any issues with how the event is structured. Although it would be simpler (less micromanagement, no buffs), I don't expect I would earn any more pumpkins the other way. Granted, I haven't seen pumpkins just randomly disappear before, unlike the last refill I dropped.

World
    Ares
    The event is less satisfying and way more complicated with the refills instead of pumpkins on adv rewards. Can we please go back to getting pumpkins?

World
    Zeus
    Been trying to iterate what is in this thread for the last 2 years (this is 3rd Halloween run with these stinkin' refills). Just give us back pumpkins as loot drops. I mean, I like to adventure normally, but to keep these things filled requires many adventures to be run... so if you have any sort of rl going on, you out of luck. Unlike the German server, where refills are reasonable priced, our greedy NA TO monopolists force the refills to exorbitant prices. I kid you not, if BB offered to let me move this account (or, at least my goods) over, I'd be gone like the Flash! Though there are many nice and friendly peeps here, the TO types are pathetic.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I will be sure to share this information with the team.

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    Unlike the German server, where refills are reasonable priced, our greedy NA TO monopolists force the refills to exorbitant prices.
    I suspect the reality is that supply/demand holds true on the German servers just as well as the NA ones, but that there is simply a much higher supply available there due to the volume of active players running adventures.

Reply to Thread