Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Weekly Challenges & Training Grounds

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    So, I appreciate the chance to get XP and to be able to upgrade certain buildings but as a whole, this is a bit too expensive for my blood. I know it is not mandatory and, I expected not to advance the full quest every week but just TWO Ali Baba And The Second Thief adventures...is too expensive. Combined with the massive inflation in the TO, this is really not as beneficial as originally thought. I appreciate the content release and adding more things but...… This is just too expensive to enjoy even the 1st/2nd stage every week.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I got the Kingdom Defence one referenced earlier. Immediate pass because of the Whirlwind requirement, not even considering the heavy resource usage. This looks half decent at lower levels, but they get out of control at level 56 and especially 66.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    I got the Kingdom Defence one referenced earlier. Immediate pass because of the Whirlwind requirement, not even considering the heavy resource usage. This looks half decent at lower levels, but they get out of control at level 56 and especially 66.
    Yup this was a complete non starter for me. i dont even have this much gunpowder... and i read over the other quests.. delete hundreds of mm and besiegers... no way...
    good thing its voluntary

I love the upgrades to the buildings they did - i gained 370 pop overnight. i'll do a few of the ship only quests for that 45k xp but likely nothing else.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    Yup this was a complete non starter for me. i dont even have this much gunpowder... and i read over the other quests.. delete hundreds of mm and besiegers... no way...
    good thing its voluntary

I love the upgrades to the buildings they did - i gained 370 pop overnight. i'll do a few of the ship only quests for that 45k xp but likely nothing else.
    Indeed. I also have Kingdom Defence, but much lower requirements than that (I'm guessing level difference here).

Still, the three Ship ones are done. I guess they were okay for the RoI.

Resource Delivery done. It was okay, I guess.

Now I have to do 2x Whirlwinds...and I don't know if that's on the table. Co-ops are a pain at the best of times.

It would be nice to have an actual list of, you know, options.

So much for BB taking the luck out of the Challenges. :-/

World
    Ares
    I have to complete 2 storm recovery for one of the quests, that is 2.2k grout, not including beans, gunpowder, etc. Does anyone at BB even play this game?
    Whence comest thou?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I hate everything about this nonsense. It's not fun, it's not rewarding it's not challenging.

Why did the map frag price of adventures increase? I saw no info about that?

World
    Zeus
    The weekly challenges I think: Cost to Reward is not really worth it.

Also considering the amount of tokens you get, this is gated content and very limited. There are 52 weeks in a year. This means, you'll need to be extra careful on which buildings you upgrade. It's not like the tokens are going to be easily available for you to upgrade all your buildings. While at a first glance, it's exciting that you can upgrade your buildings, at the end of the day, it's going to boil back down to efficiency (min/max) which building is the best bang for your tokens (and all the time/resources you've wasted into obtaining them).

With that in mind, the math is going to be population increase per token per foot print tile of 1x1. (Buildings with more than 1x1, you will divide by the number of foot prints it takes of the 1x1) Example: Arabian Palace is 4x4, therefore its divide by 4.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I will be sure to pass this information on. Thank you all for the input of this.

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    Seems like the best buildings to upgrade are the Bone Church and Settlers HQ.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I was excited about the idea of the weekly challenges but now that it's gone live, it's a huge disappointment. I understand they are meant to be challenging, but my island isn't set up to give large over production of any resources, and the quests are just too expensive for me. Plus there is the time factor - if I don't complete the whole sequence of quests in less than a week, what do I have to show for my efforts? Nothing, other than a few xp that I could easily get by doing adventures. If it would be possible to do the quests over a longer time span, I'd probably do them, at least occasionally. But as it is, it's too rushed. And then there is the need to do specific adventures that rely on being lucky with adventure drops (treasure of wisdom, for example). I started the first challenge, I wanted to like it, but I've already decided this isn't for me.

Reply to Thread