Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Weekly Challenges & Training Grounds

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    Not defending the weeklies here, but must point out that there are four different weeklies that come up. So they aren't really expecting you to gather 3 Wisdoms in a week, but actually over a 'month' that will then be used in one week when that particular weekly comes up. So a little more leeway there.
    the are expecting to get a Besieged City adventure in the same said month...

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Developers are just totally out of touch with reasonable playing of the game. A quest that involves sacrificing troops that take 4 days to replace in the e-barracks. and on top of that a number of other adventures like B.C. .....

And when are you supposed to find time for regular game play and interaction.

To me this kind of thing introduces the mindset of "OK what do I not need to achieve?" It sets you up for failure in one part of the game or another unless you want to be online 24/7

That being the case it actually gives less incentive to stay with it not more. This quest line really needs a re-think!

For the lower levels maybe not too bad except 3 or 4 of the same co-op.. come on!!!

But for 65+ players - this quest line killed my interest in playing much further

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPool View Post
    Developers are just totally out of touch with reasonable playing of the game. A quest that involves sacrificing troops that take 4 days to replace in the e-barracks. and on top of that a number of other adventures like B.C. .....

And when are you supposed to find time for regular game play and interaction.

To me this kind of thing introduces the mindset of "OK what do I not need to achieve?" It sets you up for failure in one part of the game or another unless you want to be online 24/7

That being the case it actually gives less incentive to stay with it not more. This quest line really needs a re-think!

For the lower levels maybe not too bad except 3 or 4 of the same co-op.. come on!!!

But for 65+ players - this quest line killed my interest in playing much further
    They started a new Thread to 'answer' some of the concerns raised here.

https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/threads/25328

Mostly they claim we don't understand and that this is something we have to choose to do, even if that means abandoning our normal gameplay.

So yes, somewhat out of touch with regular players.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Yeah I think some of the stuff is pretty high priced , but you DO get a lot of exp and I have not calculated the time and cost it would take to do adventures and build military units for said adventures . I don't know if people think about all these things . [ some do , most don't ] I am enjoying it , except was a tad frustrated when sending ship off , had to make ..idk..136 normal potions , each costing 8 gold bars . Im only lvl 47 , thats a lot of gold bars , and it wouldn't register . I tried 3 times before it actually worked . So, a little bug? But I put in a ticket and it worked itself out . The one thing I REALLY don't like is the participation adventures . I don't know people, Im not in a guild and I dont want to be . I just like to play by myself when I have the time and dont want to be forced to play with others . Even though everybody is awesome , I just prefer being less time constrained etc etc , I have never liked this aspect of forcing people to play with others, if I want to have social hour , ill go to the pub . Overall , I like it just fine . Fix the bugs and get rid of the team adventures? :P

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    Is there a typo on the Dark Castle final upgrade?

Dark Castle 1-6 0 | 14 | 43 | 61 | 82 | 128 population: 100 | 210 | 320 | 430 | 640 | 650

There's a 110 jump per level. on the last one it shows 650??
    must be the 640 suppose to be 540??
    or the last stage must be 750 - which is worth it.
    This was a mistake on our part and has been adjusted.

Dark Castle 1-6 0 | 14 | 43 | 61 | 82 | 128 100 | 210 | 320 | 430 | 540 | 650

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    They lost me on Quest name: Architectural Inspiration

third quest: produce and pay
    13300 marble, pay 26600
    5600 exo planks, pay 11200
    2250 mah planks, pay 4500
    9550 granite, pay 19100

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by AstrumLuxLucis View Post
    They started a new Thread to 'answer' some of the concerns raised here.

https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/threads/25328

Mostly they claim we don't understand and that this is something we have to choose to do, even if that means abandoning our normal gameplay.

So yes, somewhat out of touch with regular players.

I'm pretty sure reading that would be the equivalent of listening to a Donald Trump speech.

They've made it clear they don't care. We all knows what happens to game companies when they make this decision.

Reply to Thread