Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Weekly Challenges & Training Grounds

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    the lack of any response from this debacle is really concerning.. guess they want to lose more players (((((( boddington i hope they fix this mate....

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    cannot believe...on a US National Holiday...millions home for Thanksgiving...and you shut the game down for 4 hrs?...horrible
    Lord_Sheffield WYTCH KING

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AstrumLuxLucis View Post

2) Increase the timeframe to (for example) two or three weeks and/or allow 0-2 or 0-3 'Weekly' Challenges to be running at once, each with their own countdown. So they 'start' once per week, but players have longer to finish each one than the current 168hrs.
    Actually, you get another Weekly Challenge the moment you complete the previous one, so you can do two or three chains per week if you are quick enough. You just currently can't spend more than a week to complete one, otherwise it expires. That said, it would make even more sense to remove the limit altogether and let anyone spend as much time as they need to complete it, then flawlessy move on to the next one.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    For the quest to do 3 Treasure of Wisdoms, you have to do several woodcutters to get several 2nd and 3rd thief advs in order to get a wisdom adv to drop in loot. They are not found thru searches, they are followups received in loot from other followups. Even getting one to do within the time frame is not possible.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Interesting that today's (Nov 22nd) Hotfix seems to have autocompleted at least one part of the Challenge. O.o

Now instead of trying to sort out two Whirlwinds, I have to decide if I want to build and purge hundreds of Troops. O.o

Argh.

Brainstorm fix: instead of the current 'all or nothing' rewards where we only get Tokens (supposedly the whole point of the Challenges) at the very end, set up the Weekly Challenge as a list of (for example) 10-15 tasks. Players are rewarded on a scale (similar to the variable Daily Quest rewards) for how many tasks they complete, possibly with a small bonus for collections of tasks, and/or a larger bonus at the end for completing everything. That way even lower-level/casual players can slowly build up Tokens over time, and it leaves it in the hands of the players to choose what they feel are the best returns on their investments.

It would also let BB know more clearly what we think is valuable so they can tweak aspects of the Challenges, instead of the current system where all they know is a few people are okay with the losses but most are not.

That would bring it in line with the Daily and Guild Quests, where we can pick and choose, with bonuses for 'squad goals'.

This would go a long way to putting FUN in the Challenges, rather than serving them up as an 'all-or-nothing' Resource/Gem drain.

Task 1 - 1 Token
    Task 2 - 2 Tokens
    Task 3 - 2 Tokens

Task 4 - 1 Token
    Task 5 - 1 Token
    Task 6 - 2 Tokens
    Task 7 - 2 Tokens

Tasks 4-7 - 2 Bonus Tokens

Task 8 - 3 Tokens
    Task 9 - 3 Tokens
    Task 10 - 3 Tokens

Tasks 8-10 - 2 Bonus Tokens

Tasks 1-10 - 3 Bonus Tokens

This way I would earn about the same number of Tokens (scaled to Level), but I could choose where to spend my efforts based on my Resources and time.

BB could also create 'Levels' within the Challenges that refresh individually, instead of the whole Challenge needing to be completed. So if I want to focus on a particular aspect of the challenges (like fighting off the Ship), I could finish them for a few Tokens and get a new one, while another player could be focusing on a different aspect (like Adventures) to get some Tokens. This way we are getting more rewards for finishing the entire Challenge, but we are still able to get something if our Island/playstyle happens to favour one aspect or another.

After all, some of us have spent five to seven years filling our Islands to suit our playstyle. Being penalised because BB brings in something that is 'all-or-nothing' is a slap in the face to people who have spent years supporting the game.

Apologies to the coders/programmers who would have to make these changes work, I know it's likely a pain in the butt for you, but I really do think it would improve the gaming experience, and that keeps us around longer, which keeps you folks on the payroll.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Weeklies are poorly scaled
    a level 46-55 player who actively works on his weekly challenges will clear them in 1-2 days, pulling 51-85 tokens in a week as long as he can find enough copies of Heart of the Wood and/or friends with which to do Tomb Raiders. the resource costs for getting these tokens is also quite low for people below level 56. on the other hand, those players in the 56-65 bracket, or the 66+ bracket, have requirements such as "complete 3 storm recovery." Okay okay, we get it, no one does Storm Recovery and you're trying to encourage it... the problem is that no one does it because the cost:benefit on it is TERRIBLE, it's a gigantic waste of resources. these weeklies are literally requiring multiple DAYS worth of elite barracks training time to go straight into "delegated" troops, and THEN has us running 3 Treasures of Wisdom, which are expensive adventures to acquire, in addition to taking a lot more of our barracks-hours worth of troops.

In short: it should NOT be so much easier to farm tokens as a lower level. No player should be punished for being a higher level. This is wrong and needs to be fixed.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    the weekies have been a mixed bag up till the last two. I'm level 62, and the Food supply which I must not have understood looked to have you produce a certain number of food items, as well as give from storage. The storage was 20000 higher than my then current level, which is annoying but not impossible (kill off some builings/mines increase existing capacity, build new). but then the food production counter stopped recording. Put in a complaint and sudeenly I have the credit for the teask. Then comes the cure, asking to do 3 advnetures (no biggie) from the list below (okay tough) which has only Ali Baba and First Thief (near impossible to get this aventure buying or from use). I have 4 third thiefs but only 1 first in the many months of running woodcutters and searches. My point is why make it to specific adventures that are hard to get and as point out in a chat by Raega now make it near impossible to buy as people with them are needing to use them. Make the quests attainable not impossible. Tough is good, but if it is not possible to do people lose interest and then don't do them. Great if it is working for lower lever people, but don't short change those at higher levels.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Raega View Post
    Weeklies are poorly scaled
    a level 46-55 player who actively works on his weekly challenges will clear them in 1-2 days, pulling 51-85 tokens in a week as long as he can find enough copies of Heart of the Wood and/or friends with which to do Tomb Raiders. the resource costs for getting these tokens is also quite low for people below level 56. on the other hand, those players in the 56-65 bracket, or the 66+ bracket, have requirements such as "complete 3 storm recovery." Okay okay, we get it, no one does Storm Recovery and you're trying to encourage it... the problem is that no one does it because the cost:benefit on it is TERRIBLE, it's a gigantic waste of resources. these weeklies are literally requiring multiple DAYS worth of elite barracks training time to go straight into "delegated" troops, and THEN has us running 3 Treasures of Wisdom, which are expensive adventures to acquire, in addition to taking a lot more of our barracks-hours worth of troops.

In short: it should NOT be so much easier to farm tokens as a lower level. No player should be punished for being a higher level. This is wrong and needs to be fixed.
    I have been clearing mine in the 56-65 range in 1-2 days. I should have been on my third one this morning when they made the fix but I am lazy about upgrading my production buildings so wasn't finished with the final resource production part. However, I had all the adventures needed for this round - another round and I won't.

A player that is 46 isn't going to have as easy time as a player who is in that top end of the range either and it will again depend on your island setup. I don't have the farmyard yet so I suspect when I get the epidemic one, I will be days on that.

I think I was running into the same problem as sagminor though with the resource production not tracking when I am offline - I was offline about six hours and my marble counter barely moved.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliNel View Post
    For the quest to do 3 Treasure of Wisdoms, you have to do several woodcutters to get several 2nd and 3rd thief advs in order to get a wisdom adv to drop in loot. They are not found thru searches, they are followups received in loot from other followups. Even getting one to do within the time frame is not possible.
    Not defending the weeklies here, but must point out that there are four different weeklies that come up. So they aren't really expecting you to gather 3 Wisdoms in a week, but actually over a 'month' that will then be used in one week when that particular weekly comes up. So a little more leeway there.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    Not defending the weeklies here, but must point out that there are four different weeklies that come up. So they aren't really expecting you to gather 3 Wisdoms in a week, but actually over a 'month' that will then be used in one week when that particular weekly comes up. So a little more leeway there.
    ...assuming they rotate predictably and you don't end up needing 3x ToW back to back.

Reply to Thread