Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Weekly Challenges & Training Grounds

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Why on earth would you require a person to do 3 adventures or scenarios that are nearly impossible to get in the time limit, Heart of the Wood has a 1% drop rate on medium searches. Treasure of Wisdom does not drop often on woodcutter. Each of these quests require three which is impossible. No one is selling them in trade. It really stinks to go through all these costly quests only to find out you can't finish because of a rare adv or scenario. At least make it available somewhere if you are going to have a quest to do 3.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    You can get more xp and less loss by just doing an adventure a day. This whole quest chain sucks. I'm glad its optional.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliNel View Post
    Treasure of Wisdom does not drop often on woodcutter.
    Actually, it's even worse than that - Woodcutter doesn't drop TOW at all. You'd have to do YWC and hope for a 2T or 3T, then run that and hope to get TOW. All this for a quest line that we were told would not include luck-based tasks? smh

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I like the concept of the weekly challenges and appreciate the fact that the game tries to re-invent itself but when the quests are statistically impossible such as running 3 Treasure of Wisdom or frustrating such as 3 Whirlwinds, the weekly challenges become impossible missions to the point where players are not even going to bother. 3x non-specific adventures is doable but 3x a specific adventure that is not readily available just does not make sense.

Otherwise, thanks for trying.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    Actually, it's even worse than that - Woodcutter doesn't drop TOW at all. You'd have to do YWC and hope for a 2T or 3T, then run that and hope to get TOW. All this for a quest line that we were told would not include luck-based tasks? smh
    I agree, Wisdom is NOT readily available and does not have a ls. It takes a long time to get and is extremely costly in Trade. Not doable in one week, especially at the end of the quest chain when you only have a couple days left.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Delegate excess of 1000 elite troops, waste tons of resources, play unavailable adventures(or really ugly ones, like WW) all for very few tokens weekly. Seems i'm going to skip these a lot.
    Also: why chain and not independent tasks like in Pathfinder? One challenge start with doing Besiged. Let's say i would find this in a few days. Will be worthless because I will not have time for the rest...

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Will there be a review for the requirements for weekly quest, with the rare adventures being required it is not really meeting the " they do not contain is any luck-based tasks" statement from the dev diary. For example, my quest this week is to run 2 AB and Second thief, those have a 16% chance of dropping from a WC. To obtain the second thief it would be required to find WC's from searches, then run these and having the "luck" of obtaining the follow up adventure. This does not appear to correspond with the dev diary statement regarding the quest "What they do not contain is any luck-based tasks, such as treasure hunts; this means you can more predictably complete these challenges with some consistency, without the fear of running out of time due to bad luck."
    If the task is stating "Complete 2 adventures from the following list: Ali Baba and the Second Thief"....if it is a list, shouldn't there be more than one option?

World
    Ares
    We should have more options for the adventures and they should all be available from the merchant. And tokens should be tradeable.
    And I thought PvP was poorly designed... Good job BB!
    Whence comest thou?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I find the challenge somewhat stressful, I am somewhat a solitary player and to pay large quantities of resources and also be expected to complete 3 co-ops while doing guild quests and other quests (and training units for said quests) is too much to ask. It bothers me that I cannot complete this and I dread to think what the next week's challenge will be. It has taken some of the enjoyment of the game away for me.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I just know, next week if it is not changed, I will just kill the ships and ignore the rest. As for a week long...…. yeah, no way. At least not at my playing level. If you are going to make it adventure dependent or, scenario or ventures then make it 2-3 of a general category (Ali Baba adventures or scenarios)...not specific adventures...and frankly for some of them, the qualifications are too exotic, not even counting the resources spent. I was hopeful that, I could upgrade at least half my buildings in a years time (yes, I think long term) but, this wont even allow for that. the XP is a nice bonus but for some of the things being asked, I could get FAR better XP from doing an adventure and NOT loose resources except those in creating the troops. Id be willing to do this a little more often but, the specific adventure requirements are...far too much. I mean...2 Storm recover? 2,200 grout? seriously? Just for a few "tokens" to upgrade a residence and some XP? I killed my AB 2nd thief...TWO of them to do this. I wont be doing that again. I could live with the resource cost and even the time limit (1 week and until, I was higher up, I would not expect to complete it all) BUT....the adventure requirements are...FAR too steep.

Reply to Thread