Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Weekly Challenges & Training Grounds

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    i have the arch one for lvl 56-65 - does anyone know what those last 3 adventures are - I don't want to do all that stuff previous and then find out those adventures are ones I either can't or won't do. I would much prefer these adventures be open, i.e. people can just to do 3 babas instead of no selection.

edit.

Okay for this one you get 2 Storm Recovery to do for the last stage.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Level 57 with Town Construction Challenge. I would like to do it but it requires 2 adventures of Ali Baba and 2nd Thief. I've only done 2 Ali Babas ever, and they were Young Woodcutter. I don't have any 2nd thief adventures. Will I pay 50K gold coin to buy 2 lootspots? NO. Don't even remember anyone in my guild offering 2nd Thief lootspots.
    At least on Town Construction I know up front I can't do this challenge. The other challenges you don't even know what adventure you'll get. So why do early quests for a challenge, and then find out there are adventure requirements you can't complete.

I thought the challenges "do not contain is any luck-based tasks ... so that you can more predictably complete these challenges with some consistency". I can't predict what the adventures will be. And it's luck whether I can even do them.

I won't be doing the weekly challenges.

CHANGE THE ADVENTURE REQUIREMENTS to something more doable and that we know up front.
    For example, complete any 2 1001 Nights adventure, any 2 FT adventure, any 2 Coop adventures, any 2 Scenarios, any 2 level 9+ adventure, etc.

World
    Ares
    Why was the price for adventures increased in merchant? and if this was really necessary, why was the selection not updated also?
    Whence comest thou?

World
    Zeus
    OK, well looks like my optimism was a little misplaced. I was hoping the final version would let us complete any adventure, but that's not the case. BB shoots self in foot over this one.

How in the **** am I supposed to come up with 3 ToW's to run for this? How can we run 3 of something that isn't available in the merchant and requires multiple YWC to be run, followed by multiple 2nd or 3rd Thief, if they even drop from YWC in the first place, to get even one. These weekly challenges could have been great but right now, they stink.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    So far the wind in my Guild is blowing in favour of 'not' doing Weekly Challenges and they're being looked at similarly to Colonies/'PvP'. That is to say, another resource hog with too much reliance on luck for too little return.

A few of us are willing to give it a shot for one cycle (mostly because we have some Dark Castles for quick RoI), but generally this is seen as just another 'Good idea, poor execution.' from BB.

I guess that somewhere in the TSO ecosystem there are enough big spenders willing to push through this, but that doesn't represent us.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Run 3 wisdoms is something I'll actually do. Same also with very long adventure searches. I don't want to pay millions of resources, though. I'd run three Wisdoms. Maybe. If I had them.

I also want to know what I need to spend up front. I don't want to get to the last step and then realize it's something I'm not doing. Then again, it sounds like I should just not bother until the requirements are adjusted.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AstrumLuxLucis View Post
    So far the wind in my Guild is blowing in favour of 'not' doing Weekly Challenges and they're being looked at similarly to Colonies/'PvP'. That is to say, another resource hog with too much reliance on luck for too little return.

A few of us are willing to give it a shot for one cycle (mostly because we have some Dark Castles for quick RoI), but generally this is seen as just another 'Good idea, poor execution.' from BB.

I guess that somewhere in the TSO ecosystem there are enough big spenders willing to push through this, but that doesn't represent us.
    Most people in my guild don't care for them either. I like the idea of these weeklies tbh, I think it is a good idea that the lower levels are given island production goals to try to meet, the numbers may need adjusting.

I didn't think I would say this but it is the adventures I have a problem with just because I want to know what is coming up, firstly, and I want some choice in which adventures I can do.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    WRT Architectural Inspiration; I think it is unfair to expect a player to come up with a Besieged City adv or buy a loot spot. I stand little to no chance of getting one in a ToK adv. A LS will cost 30 k plus. This particular quest has already cost me 1900 coin; take 1900, make 1900, distance travelled 0. There should be a way to opt out of some of the quests. To get 3 of 4 done and have no reasonable chance of the 4th quest is not correct. The provisioning quests are very doable. Just whining.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Do'h, now I see a box for gemming out, ignore me and my stupidity.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post
    lol
    reminder to me to never level up past 65
    Mad scientist.

Reply to Thread