Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Changes in Building Efficiency with Weekly Challenges

  1. #1
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    31
    World
    Ares

    Changes in Building Efficiency with Weekly Challenges

    Now that BB has posted the official stats for the new building upgrades, we can calculate which buildings will be the new most efficient. The results are disappointing for those hoping to stockpile Dark Castles.

    Name:
    Squares
    Initial Pop (With Updates)
    Pop Per Square
    Max Pop
    Max Pop Per Square
    Increase in Pop Per Square (%)
    Settlers HQ:
    6
    220
    36.67
    340
    56.67
    54.55
    Watchtower:
    4
    160
    40.00
    220
    55.00
    37.50
    Haunted Mansion:
    4
    145
    36.25
    205
    51.25
    41.38
    The frozen manor:
    4
    140
    35.00
    200
    50.00
    42.86
    Nord Residence:
    4
    140
    35.00
    200
    50.00
    42.86
    Arabian Palace:
    16
    520
    32.50
    760
    47.50
    46.15
    Dark Castle:
    14
    100
    7.14
    650
    46.43
    550.00
    Mag. Residence:
    16
    500
    31.25
    720
    45.00
    44.00
    Arabian Tower:
    4
    90
    22.50
    170
    42.50
    88.89
    Oasis Residence:
    4
    110
    27.50
    170
    42.50
    54.55
    Arabian Residence:
    4
    110
    27.50
    170
    42.50
    54.55
    Bone Church:
    6
    100
    16.67
    250
    41.67
    150.00
    Jungle Residence:
    4
    100
    25.00
    160
    40.00
    60.00
    Witch Tower:
    4
    100
    25.00
    160
    40.00
    60.00
    White Castle:
    4
    50
    12.50
    150
    37.50
    200.00
    Pirate Residence:
    4
    50
    12.50
    150
    37.50
    200.00
    Tipi (4 versions):
    4
    50
    12.50
    150
    37.50
    200.00

    The top ones are now the non-tradeable Watchtowers and Headquarters'. But the top 3 tradeable are still the Haunted Mansions, Frozen Manors, and Nord Residences. Of course, there are still some considerations like aesthetic, availability, base efficiency, cost, and increase in capacity/efficiency per token (which I didn't calculate). Still, now we know where we stand. And to those who bought up Dark Castles: at least it has the best increase in efficiency.

  2. #2
    Mayor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,276
    World
    Ares
    Now I can take my dark castles out of my star.

  3. #3
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    15
    World
    Ares
    This require more organization. otherwise you won't see what you need to see.
    I'll order and visualize your data.. from the best to the worst (population/square)
    HTML Code:
    <
    Name			[Squares] (Pop. - Pop/square)	Tokens at max. level		= Tokens spent per increasing 1 population/square
    >
    Settlers Headquarters	[2x2]	(220 - 55P/s)		241 tokens > (340 - 85P/s)	= 8.03 tokens per increasing 1 population/square
    Watchtower		[2x2]	(160 - 40P/s)		137 tokens > (220 - 55P/s)	= 9.13 t/ps
    Haunted Mansion		[2x2]	(145 - 36.25P/s)	116 tokens > (205 - 51.25P/s)	= 7.73 t/ps
    Nord Residence		[2x2]	(140 - 35P/s)		116 tokens > (200 - 50P/s)	= 7.73 t/ps
    The frozen manor	[2x2]	(140 - 35P/s)		116 tokens > (200 - 50P/s)	= 7.73 t/ps
    Arabian Palace		[4x4]	(520 - 32.5P/s)		308 tokens > (760 - 47.5P/s)	= 20.53 t/ps
    Magnificent Residence	[4x4]	(500 - 31.25P/s)	258 tokens > (720 - 45P/s) 	= 18.76 t/ps
    Oriental tower		[2x2]	( 90 - 22.5P/s)		 93 tokens > (170 - 42.5P/s)	= 4.65 t/ps
    Oasis Residence		[2x2]	(110 - 27.5P/s)		 78 tokens > (170 - 42.5P/s)	= 5.2 t/ps
    Arabian Residence	[2x2]	(110 - 27.5P/s)		 78 tokens > (170 - 42.5P/s)	= 5.2 t/ps
    Jungle Residence	[2x2]	(100 - 25P/s)		 78 tokens > (160 - 40P/s) 	= 5.2 t/ps
    Witch Tower		[2x2]	(100 - 25P/s)		 78 tokens > (160 - 40P/s)	= 5.2 t/ps
    Hospitable Bone Church	[3x2]	(100 - 16.67P/s)	149 tokens > (250 - 41.67P/s)	= 5.96 t/ps
    White Castle		[2x2]	( 50 - 12.5P/s)		 79 tokens > (150 - 37.5P/s) 	= 3.16 t/ps
    Pirate Residence	[2x2]	( 50 - 12.5P/s)		 79 tokens > (150 - 37.5P/s)	= 3.16 t/ps
    Tipi (4 versions)	[2x2]	( 50 - 12.5P/s)		 79 tokens > (150 - 37.5P/s)	= 3.16 t/ps
    Dark Castle		[4x4-2]	(100 - 7.14P/s)		328 tokens > (650 - 46.425P/s)	= 8.14 t/ps
    Looks pretty unbalanced in some cases! (Paying less tokens means it's the best choice to spent your tokens)

    Edit: Fixed tokens total. my bad lol
    Last edited by JellyBitz; 11-17-18 at 07:19 pm. Reason: valar morghulis

  4. #4
    Soldier
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    95
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyBitz View Post
    This require more organization. otherwise you won't see what you need to see.
    I'll order and visualize your data.. from the best to the worst (population/square)
    HTML Code:
    <
    Name			[Squares] (Pop. - Pop/square)	Tokens at max. level		= Tokens spent per increasing 1 population/square
    >
    Settlers Headquarters	[2x2]	(220 - 55P/s)		241 tokens > (340 - 85P/s)	= 8.03 tokens per increasing 1 population/square
    Watchtower		[2x2]	(160 - 40P/s)		137 tokens > (220 - 55P/s)	= 9.13 t/ps
    Haunted Mansion		[2x2]	(145 - 36.25P/s)	116 tokens > (205 - 51.25P/s)	= 7.73 t/ps
    Nord Residence		[2x2]	(140 - 35P/s)		116 tokens > (200 - 50P/s)	= 7.73 t/ps
    The frozen manor	[2x2]	(140 - 35P/s)		116 tokens > (200 - 50P/s)	= 7.73 t/ps
    Arabian Palace		[4x4]	(520 - 32.5P/s)		308 tokens > (760 - 47.5P/s)	= 20.53 t/ps
    Magnificent Residence	[4x4]	(500 - 31.25P/s)	258 tokens > (720 - 45P/s) 	= 18.76 t/ps
    Oriental tower		[2x2]	( 90 - 22.5P/s)		 93 tokens > (170 - 42.5P/s)	= 4.65 t/ps
    Oasis Residence		[2x2]	(110 - 27.5P/s)		 78 tokens > (170 - 42.5P/s)	= 5.2 t/ps
    Arabian Residence	[2x2]	(110 - 27.5P/s)		 78 tokens > (170 - 42.5P/s)	= 5.2 t/ps
    Jungle Residence	[2x2]	(100 - 25P/s)		 78 tokens > (160 - 40P/s) 	= 5.2 t/ps
    Witch Tower		[2x2]	(100 - 25P/s)		 78 tokens > (160 - 40P/s)	= 5.2 t/ps
    Hospitable Bone Church	[3x2]	(100 - 16.67P/s)	149 tokens > (250 - 41.67P/s)	= 5.96 t/ps
    White Castle		[2x2]	( 50 - 12.5P/s)		 79 tokens > (150 - 37.5P/s) 	= 3.16 t/ps
    Pirate Residence	[2x2]	( 50 - 12.5P/s)		 79 tokens > (150 - 37.5P/s)	= 3.16 t/ps
    Tipi (4 versions)	[2x2]	( 50 - 12.5P/s)		 79 tokens > (150 - 37.5P/s)	= 3.16 t/ps
    Dark Castle		[4x4-2]	(100 - 7.14P/s)		328 tokens > (650 - 46.425P/s)	= 8.14 t/ps
    Looks pretty unbalanced in some cases! (Paying less tokens means it's the best choice to spent your tokens)

    Edit: Fixed tokens total. my bad lol
    I am not sure those numbers are of much value since the upgrades aren't consistently priced, i.e. you have white castle as being very cost effective but it will only give you 150 pop for 79 tokens and if you upgrade the dark castle for 2 levels you get 220 pop for 57 tokens.

  5. #5
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    15
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I am not sure those numbers are of much value since the upgrades aren't consistently priced, i.e. you have white castle as being very cost effective but it will only give you 150 pop for 79 tokens and if you upgrade the dark castle for 2 levels you get 220 pop for 57 tokens.
    You want to pay less tokens for more population, because tokens are not easy to make. that's the point here..
    Now if you are thinking about population don't matter what.. just look at POPULATION/SQUARE. you can look easily that dark castle 46.425Population/square is better at max level than white castle with 37.5P/s

  6. #6
    Mayor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,276
    World
    Ares
    The results may diminish as the levels increase, but the first level of dark castle upgrade is far superior to anything else, though the building is still rather inefficient considering it's size.

  7. #7
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    15
    World
    Ares
    14 tokens for 210 population? (15Pop/Square) is like paying 1.78 tokens / PS ..
    Well, it's pretty unbalanced after all. Better to make a table where you can find the right spot on every building. BUT Weekly Challenges do not seem in a good state right now, needs changes.

  8. #8
    Soldier
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    95
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyBitz View Post
    14 tokens for 210 population? (15Pop/Square) is like paying 1.78 tokens / PS ..
    Well, it's pretty unbalanced after all. Better to make a table where you can find the right spot on every building. BUT Weekly Challenges do not seem in a good state right now, needs changes.
    this may not be as good as deal as it originally looks because of the space that building needs - sure it is cheap for the first level but you still have a building that takes almost the same space as a magnificent residence with 500 pop. Given these challenges, you are probably far far better just getting more mag residences than even starting to upgrade a dark castle. I am pretty sure you will lose all your upgrades if you return these to the star.

  9. #9
    Mayor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,276
    World
    Ares
    That's a good point. I have a few dark castles sitting on my island, but in their place, it wouldn't hurt to put some magnificent residences instead. Beans aren't as cheap as they once were, but they are still rather cheap, certainly easier to obtain than tokens, which at this point are close to impossible.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts