Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: eTraining grounds INCREASING build times instead of decreasing

Noble
    World
    Ares

eTraining grounds INCREASING build times instead of decreasing

So here is a pic without it built:

Note that the time required says 17 days to complete.

Now after the training grounds are built:

Now the new faster time is... 34 days?

It works fine for my reg barracks but not the elite. I considered that maybe it couldn't handle changing an existing list so I emptied the queue and let the set finish. Then built the training grounds again and refilled the list and the same thing: 34days for the "fast" version. Destroyed the grounds and 17 days for the "slow" version.

Edit: So apparently the problem is the buff (skunk) mixing with the grounds bonus. After the buff expired, I built the grounds again and the 17 days went down to 11 as it should. Then when I placed another Skunk buff the total jumped to 31 days.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Yes. I just ran into the same problem trying to use both a Skunk and an Ice Swimming. Both buffs made my elite barracks take longer to build the troops.
    "I don't try to be awesome; it just happens naturally!"

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Could you please submit a ticket about this issue as well. I will be sure to pass this information on.

-BB_Odhran

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Similar issue. 9days with just skunk on. Add 1 Elite Training Ground it jumps to 18 days, add second training ground it drops back to 9 days, us stop buff on Skunk it drops to 4 days.

Broken!

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    we have one report of this in our guild as well. soon as they added the skunk it increased instead of decreased.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Several people in my guild have this glitch as well, including myself.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    This was reported on the Test Server before the Training Grounds went live.

https://forum.tsotesting.com/threads...s-Ice-Swimming

Wasn't sure if this was the intended function.
    "I don't try to be awesome; it just happens naturally!"

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Improved Drill Plan reverse stacks also.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Okay so update: while that glitch is still active it doesn't actually affect troop production in a negative way. As it turns out the part of the production queue that is glitched is ONLY the troops that are to be built outside of the buff window. Inside the buff window they build at the correct faster rate. So that means a stack of 25 Mounted Swordsmen will take the appropriate 35 minutes to build with a skunk and one elite grounds. It is any troops that scheduled to build after the buff runs out that are listed at twice as long (4 hours for 25). That is what inflates the total time listed.

Now then, since the glitch is ONLY active while a grounds is built AND a buff is active, the instant the buff ends, the glitch disappears. That means the game recalculates the build times of the remaining troops at the correct rate for just the training grounds bonus and does not build them at the twice as slow time. So no problem there.

Finally, if you reintroduce a buff, the glitch becomes active again, but again only affects the troops building outside the buff window while the ones inside the time range work fine.

So while the "total time" shown is glitched and inaccurate, it doesn't really do anything, and you are benefitting from having both.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Exactly what I found Trialgame, May I congratulate you on explaining it so beautifully.

Reply to Thread