Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly challenges and Random Factor for Adventures not Solo Friendly

World
    Ares
    I'm glad for the new content. I'll complete them when I can but I assume most of the time I will ignore them when they require completing follow-up adventures. I think the weekly quests will impact the OCD folks who try to finish every quest the most.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I have to agree with comments here. It's ridiculous to ask to do a rare adventure in the quest that is not available for purchase, never mind ask to do it 3x! Talking about discouraging players. I don't mind being challenged, but there has to be some sort of way to actually finish the challenge and in many instances this game will not allow that. Maybe first 2-3 times before everyone runs out of rare adventures. I have already been used by someone while trying to help them and it also dramatically added more negativity to already negative experience. I'm not a big fan of adventuring period, but I would rather do 5 random adventures (lets say resource type) than to do 1-3 specific ones. And if I'm gonna put a lot of effort to actually finish the weekly challenge, 21 tokens just seems like a slap in a face reward after noticing how many tokens it actually takes to upgrade some buildings. I don't think I will live to 200 years even if I really, really try to upgrade all my dark castles, FM's, etc. to a maximum level. Maybe developers should try to consider players, before they go and "test" it in actual game. I don't want to feel like a guinea pig anymore!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I agree with the above posts. I like the general idea, but if you want to make me complete an adventure then make sure it is one that I have access to without waiting for it to randomly drop during a search. The searches take multiple hours and so far, the correct adventure has NOT dropped for me even once. I have 2 days left and have 3 Ali Baba adventures to complete. I can guarantee that I will NOT be getting them done since I don't even have the required adventures. Not to mention the amount of time required to build the armies to conquer each one. So, these weekly challenges will be going by the wayside . . .

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Is there already a list of potential quest/chains?

I was sorta looking forward to this ship, completed my 1st ship right until the last quest....do 3 adventures. Life ruined right there. XP/Cost/Quantities so far have been more on a positive side to me though.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    Is there already a list of potential quest/chains?

I was sorta looking forward to this ship, completed my 1st ship right until the last quest....do 3 adventures. Life ruined right there. XP/Cost/Quantities so far have been more on a positive side to me though.
    Try http://settlersonlinewiki.en/en/ques...kly-challenges

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Ty

Looks I maaaaaaaaaaaaaaay actually be able to do 1 of them completely...oh yay /angryfistpumpatadventures.tso

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    These challenges are not meant to be for everyone. They are supposed to be challenging and for people that won't mind dropping resources to finish them up. Some will enjoy these challenges while others will not, because of the demand from them.

If you have not read the Dev Notes yet, I would highly suggest doing so.

-BB_Odhran

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Sorry to say, but this sounds like final. Then why did you ask for feedback? Next time just let us know what you decided/done.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ebybaby View Post
    Sorry to say, but this sounds like final. Then why did you ask for feedback? Next time just let us know what you decided/done.
    Feedback is to help us improve on it. Everything can change and it is not final. I simply reminded that the challenges are not meant to be for everyone.

-BB_Odhran

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    These challenges are not meant to be for everyone. They are supposed to be challenging and for people that won't mind dropping resources to finish them up. Some will enjoy these challenges while others will not, because of the demand from them.
    -BB_Odhran
    The tokens to upgrade population in residences is a wonderful idea. Everyone can benefit from having tokens. Then you design a token delivery system called Weekly Challenges. So something everyone wants (tokens) can only be earned by doing a Challenges that are so difficult and demanding that only some people will do them.

Do you see the mismatch?
    Everyone wants tokens, but the only way to get them is to jump through hoops that you know many/most players will not want to do.
    Built in anger and frustration by design.
    Step back and look at how you've ruined a great idea: upgrading residences.

Reply to Thread