Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Weekly challenges and Random Factor for Adventures not Solo Friendly

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Haven't paid attention to the actual timers since the death notice of needing to run 3 1st Babas.....anyhow, the quest chain completed and I got 21 Token. Unsure if that is/was the full pay out or a fraction based on the subquests I did. In case of bug, yay it will get fixed asap as opposed to the feedback that people actually care about.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    i agree. i am a solo player. i can do everything but the tomb raiders. what a waste of my time and resources

LoLex
    I also agree, solo player here too. This week I have to do 2 Alibaba and second thief, I CAN'T do young cutter because I can't afford resources for weapons. Probable for levels higher that me can't be a problem, but I feel like I am at the beginning of a tier in a wrong position.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    These challenges are not meant to be for everyone. They are supposed to be challenging and for people that won't mind dropping resources to finish them up. Some will enjoy these challenges while others will not, because of the demand from them.

If you have not read the Dev Notes yet, I would highly suggest doing so.

-BB_Odhran
    But you are equating wanting to complete a challenge with the ability to do so. I think most of the criticism centers around the actual availability of follow up adv. So either you are providing those in another way, or you need to give more flexibility with which adv can be run to accomplish a challenge. The choice to use/delegate or give away resources is something a player can make anytime. The choice to run an adv required is only there if you actually have it. If you did not feel that a weekly challenge is really something to strive for, then make it a monthly thing.
    I for one welcome challenges and I am actually restructuring my economy and considering what to do to make this more doable. However, I can only run so many woodcutters to obtain second/third thief to run them to obtain Treasure of Wisdom. That is not doable in a week and if I want to complete the other weekly challenges I can't plan on working ahead that much either.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I have a question but not sure how to phrase it. Last week I had a weekly challenge which started out with: Pay 2500 gold coins. I did not offer them, I did not say you could take them; the game just TOOK them. Later that same week, another 2500 gold coins was taken away from me. The final part of that challenge for the week was to complete three whirlwind adventures which I did not want to do so I did not do the weekly challenge and did not get the 25 tokens. However, did I lose the 5000 gold coins which I did not give but were just taken? As for instance, this weeks task opens with "Delegate 620 recruits, 75 calvary, 450 knights and 295 armoured marksmen. If I equip the ship each time it shows up and send it away but don't finish the rest of challenge will I lose all of those troops? (or other resources that are just taken and not given?) So should I just ignore everything completely to avoid losing resources; or is there a way to do parts of the challenge to gain experience without having to complete the entire challenge?

World
    Zeus
    please please please add a way to cancel the Quest, just like the Daily has! This flashing red "Quest Failed" is almost enough to make me quit this game!!!!!
    Liz / Calgary

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowgunn1 View Post
    I have a question but not sure how to phrase it. Last week I had a weekly challenge which started out with: Pay 2500 gold coins. I did not offer them, I did not say you could take them; the game just TOOK them. Later that same week, another 2500 gold coins was taken away from me. The final part of that challenge for the week was to complete three whirlwind adventures which I did not want to do so I did not do the weekly challenge and did not get the 25 tokens. However, did I lose the 5000 gold coins which I did not give but were just taken? As for instance, this weeks task opens with "Delegate 620 recruits, 75 calvary, 450 knights and 295 armoured marksmen. If I equip the ship each time it shows up and send it away but don't finish the rest of challenge will I lose all of those troops? (or other resources that are just taken and not given?) So should I just ignore everything completely to avoid losing resources; or is there a way to do parts of the challenge to gain experience without having to complete the entire challenge?
    Are you sure you actually lost the coins and weekly challenges were the cause?

Weekly challenges dont take anything unless you authorize it so you can safely complete parts that you want.
    Mad scientist.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    No I wasn't sure that was why I was asking...as for today's quest..they are taking all those troops, but can I feed the ship and send it away without losing the troops part? It seems like there are two parts to this challenge a Main part that breaks down into two parts an A - part which on this contains the troop steal and a B part which is the part where I can get rid of the ship. So I can get rid of the ship for exp and not worry about losing the troops from part A? Am I correct in assuming that?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    You are correct in assuming that. The ship is in a separate subquest chain from the troops/resources/adventure subquest.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Honestly, these chains don't seem to be for Anyone at all. I did 2 challenges without actually doing them due to an apparent glitch. Now it seems to be fixed. So I've seen all 4 chains. I'd never do any of them again. I really don't think anyone at all will.

Reply to Thread