Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Weekly challenges and Random Factor for Adventures not Solo Friendly

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post

There could be a rather quick fix though with a caveat or 2.
    "Complete any adventure difficulty X or higher". Suddenly you can pick from a list that's available and makes more sense overall. Call it pandering to the masses if you will, I'll call it Removing The Luck Factor. Not only will this solve issues with loot drop CHANCES, it will also not force you to do something that doesn't yield progress to you. Dark Priests is nice at the beginning, but I'd might rather do Traitors instead...etc blabla.

I'll save ranting even more, I'll just collect a ban otherwise -.-'
    I had presumed the issues were isolated based on player level. I had presumed that BB's use of the words: not for everyone, included somebody but it appears that everyone is being used to identify Nobody, as nobody can complete the challenges.
    I surrender the position of pandering.
    I stand by the position of exclusivity.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    If you had read a bit more carefully, you will notice that most complains (like 9/10) is in regards to adventures....specific adventures at that. The implementation has been done without proper game mechanics understanding yet again. For the vast majority of players right now, these aren't much of of a challenge because resources are abundant and overall easy to aquire/adjust your economy for (RIP 4k gunpowder though) on the other hand, the adventures have fairly nothing to do with anything other than luck and others even more so, if you consider luck to be a factor in a challenge, I hope you don't see anything wrong with getting short changed on your next day out.

Dunno how you see it, but a challenge should not have a random factor in it whatsoever, especially for the 65+ guys this is more of a Weekly Luck than a Weekly Challenge and forget having adventure fatigue as well. Too bad the only economy based XP we can get are not just level restricted but also daily restricted.

There could be a rather quick fix though with a caveat or 2.
    "Complete any adventure difficulty X or higher". Suddenly you can pick from a list that's available and makes more sense overall. Call it pandering to the masses if you will, I'll call it Removing The Luck Factor. Not only will this solve issues with loot drop CHANCES, it will also not force you to do something that doesn't yield progress to you. Dark Priests is nice at the beginning, but I'd might rather do Traitors instead...etc blabla.

I'll save ranting even more, I'll just collect a ban otherwise -.-'

Good post, but a bit late. BB_Alex has addressed everyone's concerns by offering the Woodcutter adventure for 1440 map fragments in the merchant. Problem solved!!!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    BB_Alex has addressed everyone's concerns by offering the Woodcutter adventure for 1440 map fragments in the merchant. Problem solved!!!
    Because Woodcutters were the problem lol

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    If you had read a bit more carefully, you will notice that most complains (like 9/10) is in regards to adventures....specific adventures at that. The implementation has been done without proper game mechanics understanding yet again. For the vast majority of players right now, these aren't much of of a challenge because resources are abundant and overall easy to aquire/adjust your economy for (RIP 4k gunpowder though) on the other hand, the adventures have fairly nothing to do with anything other than luck and others even more so, if you consider luck to be a factor in a challenge, I hope you don't see anything wrong with getting short changed on your next day out.

But let's look at this a bit closer, shall we? (some data taken from wiki like the adventures/scenarios/coops and quantity needed)

Player range 26-35
    - Dark Priest (short/medium searches are primary sends anyhow, iirc find chances are pretty decent, can be done solo works overall)
    - Grain Conflict x4 (same as above, unsure about the drop rate though, my last memory was pretty low though if not pathetic, must be done solo) need to point out....4 of them! LOL....good luck, may be forced to fail.
    - Traitors (can be bought in store, easy, no luck involved)
    - Buccaneer Roundup (hort/medium searches are primary sends anyhow, find chances ok iirc, HAS to be done multiplayer, may work out due to new people probably fairly actively playing, still terrible idea to me)

Player range 36-45
    - VtV(medium/long searches are primary sends anyhow, iirc find chances are pretty good, likely a bazillion in star menus collecting dust, can be done solo works overall)
    - Grain Conflict (same as above, unsure about the drop rate though, my last memory was pretty low though if not pathetic, must be done solo)
    - The Heart Of The Wood x2 (medium search only, phew lad, you are likely forced to fail this challenge because of this one)
    - Outlaws x3 (medium/long searches are primary sends anyhow, find chances pretty decent, still needs 3 though, may be forced to fail)
    - Raiding the Raiders (medium/long searches are primary sends anyhow, find chances pretty decent, HAS to be done multiplayer, this player range likely not too happy about this due to better loot options available and required)

Player range 46-55
    - DB (long searches likely, good drop chances iirc, loot viable)
    - The Heart Of The Wood x3 (Good luck lad, forced to fail because of this one)
    - RotM (long searches likely, good drop chances iirc, investment vs reward kinda meh though, doable at least, should make it 3 of this and 1 of Heart of the Wood instead)
    - Wild Mary x2 (I have yet to even run this adventure after 5+ years, don't know about drop chances whatsoever, effort vs loot was pretty pathetic and about .1% of the TSO player base even runs this thing (events not withstanding when it's made more appealing /hint hint), Loot changes to this have never been made despite it's pathetic stats on all ends, I suppose BB is still collecting data as they stated some 4.5 years ago. Might still be viable though, add it to the Merchant for frags and call it a day.
    - TR x3 (TR overall is pretty great all things considered, HAS to be done by 4 people which is a downer but again all thigns considered, should work out for the most part. Unsure about drop rates currently though or what the overall availability of this one is. Not happy with this choice but can compromise to pass it regardless)

Player range 56-65
    - 2nd Thief x2 (unless you are already burned out running adventures, this one is fairly ok overall. Can be done solo, drop chances are alright, can be done solo though swapping will likely be the primary benefit here, loot isn't mega terrible and a follow up would be it's last saving grace. Overall doable but will cause frustration)
    - SR x2 (insane good drop chances so that's pretty moot, scenario itself is a resource sink already, this hurts more than it being challenging...for a slap in the face it's at least not a hurdle to completion)
    - 1st Thief x3 (same as with 2nd Thief, drop chances are ok. Guessing 1st/2nd/3rd will become a "new currency" for trading in this regard especially for the 65+ bracket. Still needs 3. I guess one can call this a challenge overall alright, it's doable but beware of having a job/real life, might get frustrated here)
    - Whirlwind x2 (phew lad have you picked a bad one. WW is terrible all things considered and has to be done with 4 people, good luck with that already. Evil put up an updated guide for that (thx for that Evil . Unlike TR this one is a time waster on top of it, people with adventure fatigue like me won't touch this one unless I'm getting paid good amounts of shekels for doing so)

Player range 65+ (phew lads...my condolence goes to you guys)
    - SR x3 (same as in the other bracket)
    - ToW x3 (Woodcutter > 1st thief > wasted run*. Woodcutter > 2nd/3rd and then MAYBE ToW....and three times?
    - Besieged City (Yikes...not only is it a 3rd tier chain drop (does that make sense? lol), it's not even on the same loot lane as ToW. The wasted run* is a tiny bit of a saving grace...maybe? But that's insulting. Swap ToW for ToK OR BC for Oil Lamp to at LEAST have these on the same path. Somebody else needs to do the math on the actual drop chance but my god if you don't have one in star menu already or can trade for one, you better be unemployed if you wanna do this.
    - WW x3 (same as in the last bracket)
    Just like to add my tuppence based on my experience over the years. I'm discounting that higher levels may have stocks of some adventures as given time those stocks will dry up.

Most if not all lower levels are sending just 1 explorer to look for adventures, they have a minimal number of explorers and don't have the economy to afford to send out more than one.

Grain conflict 1% chance of find, given that it could take 57 weeks for a low level to acquire enough to be able to do a single challenge and that's not even accounting for time lost due to them sending all their explorers on treasure searches during events. Do BB seriously think it takes over a year to level up to the next tier of challenges.

Outlaws ok well obtaining a infinite supply of these is easy enough for free if a high level shows you how to mine the merchant, the only question is do they have the means to run the adventures in the allotted time frame.

Heart of wood: see Grain conflict above.

Wild Mary this one depends on what generals the player has.

Co-ops from what I've seen this depends entirely on which server your playing on, some servers see a lot of spots being offered in trade making it easy to complete them.

The Ali's, with all the demands to run other adventures who has time to run the feeder Ali's to obtain enough to do a challenge whenever it comes up.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Got to love the weekly challenge when you need to pay more than you storage capacity. And the amounts you need to produce is such a high number that it will take a week leaving no time for any other part of the challenge.

To me these are are a waste to even try to complete

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinson001 View Post
    The change that needs to happen is, to put more than one adventure on said list of adventures that need to be run.

Complete 2 adventure(s) from the following list:
    The Whirlwind

This isn't a list, it's a single adventure. Put anywhere from 2-4 adventures on the random list and make them different types of adventures. Maybe even put adventure types instead of a single adventure?. So instead of complete 2 adventures of The Whirlwind, you get complete 2 co-op adventures. This gives people OPTIONS as not everyone can run a single adventure. And I've comments about low chance to get certain follow-up adventures.. If you make the requirement follow-up adventures, also make it so adventures like the Little Tailor adventures (except Valiant) count, the Ali Baba adventures (except wood cutter) .. as these are technically follow-up adventures...
    Pretty much this.

If there isn't a number of adventures to choose from, it's not a list. Adding an actual choice of adventures is a simple fix that would solve a LOT of the current defects being pointed out.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    So I've been quiet about the weekly challenge until now.
    Level 65, and out of the 4 rotating challenges:
    2 are based on adventures that are pretty rare, and needing multiples of each to boot.
    1 is based on a simple scenario that is so full of bugs, I've had to cancel it a few times and restart it.
    That leaves 1.
    1 weekly challenge that is more or less fool proof.
    Not feeling the love on this one. This is a lot of aggravation and resources to just add capacity.

BB, you might want to rethink these.
    1. Not everyone loves getting coerced into coops. There needs to be options.
    2. The requirements need to be based on obtaining advs that are not in the 1% drop rate. That was poorly thought out and implemented.
    3. The requirement to produce troops that are not needed (or wanted) is also ridiculous.

As far as I'm concerned, this is another well intended, poorly executed PVP. One more thing to clutter up the game that I can't see myself using.
    I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of those four marshals and the expedition explorer I got rooked into buying.

Reply to Thread