Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Weekly challenges and Random Factor for Adventures not Solo Friendly

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshko View Post
    Honestly, these chains don't seem to be for Anyone at all. I did 2 challenges without actually doing them due to an apparent glitch. Now it seems to be fixed. So I've seen all 4 chains. I'd never do any of them again. I really don't think anyone at all will.
    Yup. I totally gave up on wasting my time with the Challenges. Just not worth the reward or the time.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    I don't think of them as a waste of time. While I am not trying to justify all the mistakes that I and others have already enumerated elsewhere, they are simply a crisis level set of missions. It may be that at some point, once I am sure I have the adventures needed, I will run them to get a few tokens. Almost certainly at a time when there are other things going on, like events. The idea of being able to increase my population buildings is still nice, but hardly a game breaker, so I can collect tokens very slowly. Of course, I still have the quest to do the trial expedition, having satiated my curiosity on the test server and having no desire to do them now.

It is a shame, as many players were excited about being able to increase their population through tokens, and the difficulty in getting them was not clearly communicated in the early released information.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Well, I'll do all quests that don't require running anything adventure wise, passive side XP for the rest /shrugs

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    These challenges are not meant to be for everyone. They are supposed to be challenging and for people that won't mind dropping resources to finish them up. Some will enjoy these challenges while others will not, because of the demand from them.

If you have not read the Dev Notes yet, I would highly suggest doing so.

-BB_Odhran
    Finally, something that is not for everyone. I've become tired of all inclusive - one size fits all - cookie cutter - mob mentality.

Exclusivity is a primary ingredient of novelty. I'm seeking that which is rare, limited, unique, independent.

Let us not bow to the insatiable masses.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    The change that needs to happen is, to put more than one adventure on said list of adventures that need to be run.

Complete 2 adventure(s) from the following list:
    The Whirlwind

This isn't a list, it's a single adventure. Put anywhere from 2-4 adventures on the random list and make them different types of adventures. Maybe even put adventure types instead of a single adventure?. So instead of complete 2 adventures of The Whirlwind, you get complete 2 co-op adventures. This gives people OPTIONS as not everyone can run a single adventure. And I've comments about low chance to get certain follow-up adventures.. If you make the requirement follow-up adventures, also make it so adventures like the Little Tailor adventures (except Valiant) count, the Ali Baba adventures (except wood cutter) .. as these are technically follow-up adventures...

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Finally, something that is not for everyone.
    If you had read a bit more carefully, you will notice that most complains (like 9/10) is in regards to adventures....specific adventures at that. The implementation has been done without proper game mechanics understanding yet again. For the vast majority of players right now, these aren't much of of a challenge because resources are abundant and overall easy to aquire/adjust your economy for (RIP 4k gunpowder though) on the other hand, the adventures have fairly nothing to do with anything other than luck and others even more so, if you consider luck to be a factor in a challenge, I hope you don't see anything wrong with getting short changed on your next day out.

But let's look at this a bit closer, shall we? (some data taken from wiki like the adventures/scenarios/coops and quantity needed)

Player range 26-35
    - Dark Priest (short/medium searches are primary sends anyhow, iirc find chances are pretty decent, can be done solo works overall)
    - Grain Conflict x4 (same as above, unsure about the drop rate though, my last memory was pretty low though if not pathetic, must be done solo) need to point out....4 of them! LOL....good luck, may be forced to fail.
    - Traitors (can be bought in store, easy, no luck involved)
    - Buccaneer Roundup (hort/medium searches are primary sends anyhow, find chances ok iirc, HAS to be done multiplayer, may work out due to new people probably fairly actively playing, still terrible idea to me)

Player range 36-45
    - VtV(medium/long searches are primary sends anyhow, iirc find chances are pretty good, likely a bazillion in star menus collecting dust, can be done solo works overall)
    - Grain Conflict (same as above, unsure about the drop rate though, my last memory was pretty low though if not pathetic, must be done solo)
    - The Heart Of The Wood x2 (medium search only, phew lad, you are likely forced to fail this challenge because of this one)
    - Outlaws x3 (medium/long searches are primary sends anyhow, find chances pretty decent, still needs 3 though, may be forced to fail)
    - Raiding the Raiders (medium/long searches are primary sends anyhow, find chances pretty decent, HAS to be done multiplayer, this player range likely not too happy about this due to better loot options available and required)

Player range 46-55
    - DB (long searches likely, good drop chances iirc, loot viable)
    - The Heart Of The Wood x3 (Good luck lad, forced to fail because of this one)
    - RotM (long searches likely, good drop chances iirc, investment vs reward kinda meh though, doable at least, should make it 3 of this and 1 of Heart of the Wood instead)
    - Wild Mary x2 (I have yet to even run this adventure after 5+ years, don't know about drop chances whatsoever, effort vs loot was pretty pathetic and about .1% of the TSO player base even runs this thing (events not withstanding when it's made more appealing /hint hint), Loot changes to this have never been made despite it's pathetic stats on all ends, I suppose BB is still collecting data as they stated some 4.5 years ago. Might still be viable though, add it to the Merchant for frags and call it a day.
    - TR x3 (TR overall is pretty great all things considered, HAS to be done by 4 people which is a downer but again all thigns considered, should work out for the most part. Unsure about drop rates currently though or what the overall availability of this one is. Not happy with this choice but can compromise to pass it regardless)

Player range 56-65
    - 2nd Thief x2 (unless you are already burned out running adventures, this one is fairly ok overall. Can be done solo, drop chances are alright, can be done solo though swapping will likely be the primary benefit here, loot isn't mega terrible and a follow up would be it's last saving grace. Overall doable but will cause frustration)
    - SR x2 (insane good drop chances so that's pretty moot, scenario itself is a resource sink already, this hurts more than it being challenging...for a slap in the face it's at least not a hurdle to completion)
    - 1st Thief x3 (same as with 2nd Thief, drop chances are ok. Guessing 1st/2nd/3rd will become a "new currency" for trading in this regard especially for the 65+ bracket. Still needs 3. I guess one can call this a challenge overall alright, it's doable but beware of having a job/real life, might get frustrated here)
    - Whirlwind x2 (phew lad have you picked a bad one. WW is terrible all things considered and has to be done with 4 people, good luck with that already. Evil put up an updated guide for that (thx for that Evil . Unlike TR this one is a time waster on top of it, people with adventure fatigue like me won't touch this one unless I'm getting paid good amounts of shekels for doing so)

Player range 65+ (phew lads...my condolence goes to you guys)
    - SR x3 (same as in the other bracket)
    - ToW x3 (Woodcutter > 1st thief > wasted run*. Woodcutter > 2nd/3rd and then MAYBE ToW....and three times?
    - Besieged City (Yikes...not only is it a 3rd tier chain drop (does that make sense? lol), it's not even on the same loot lane as ToW. The wasted run* is a tiny bit of a saving grace...maybe? But that's insulting. Swap ToW for ToK OR BC for Oil Lamp to at LEAST have these on the same path. Somebody else needs to do the math on the actual drop chance but my god if you don't have one in star menu already or can trade for one, you better be unemployed if you wanna do this.
    - WW x3 (same as in the last bracket)

Dunno how you see it, but a challenge should not have a random factor in it whatsoever, especially for the 65+ guys this is more of a Weekly Luck than a Weekly Challenge and forget having adventure fatigue as well. Too bad the only economy based XP we can get are not just level restricted but also daily restricted.

There could be a rather quick fix though with a caveat or 2.
    "Complete any adventure difficulty X or higher". Suddenly you can pick from a list that's available and makes more sense overall. Call it pandering to the masses if you will, I'll call it Removing The Luck Factor. Not only will this solve issues with loot drop CHANCES, it will also not force you to do something that doesn't yield progress to you. Dark Priests is nice at the beginning, but I'd might rather do Traitors instead...etc blabla.

I'll save ranting even more, I'll just collect a ban otherwise -.-'

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardina View Post
    please please please add a way to cancel the Quest, just like the Daily has! This flashing red "Quest Failed" is almost enough to make me quit this game!!!!!
    Yes, please. If this is supposed to be something that is VOLUNTARY, which every BB says it is. Why is it like a flash red thing when you do not do it. To me that is not Voluntary. It says to me I am failing to do what I need to. Makes me feel like I am a failure

It should have a cancel button if you do not wanno do it. Not a flash red thing of you have failed. Non of the other quest things have a red button on them making one feel guilty if you do not finish it. This year we had many of those but I never got a red button if I did not do it.

In my eyes Voluntary means it either goes away, when not done, like many quests not in main quests, or
    it has a cancel button.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    These challenges are not meant to be for everyone. They are supposed to be challenging and for people that won't mind dropping resources to finish them up. Some will enjoy these challenges while others will not, because of the demand from them.

If you have not read the Dev Notes yet, I would highly suggest doing so.

-BB_Odhran
    If this is supposed to be something that is VOLUNTARY, which every BB says it is. Why is it like a flash red thing when you do not do it. To me that is not Voluntary. It says to me I am failing to do what I need to. Makes me feel like I am a failure

It should have a cancel button if you do not wanno do it. Not a flash red thing of you have failed. Non of the other quest things have a red button on them making one feel guilty if you do not finish it. This year we had many of those but I never got a red button if I did not do it.

In my eyes Voluntary means it either goes away, when not done, like many quests not in main quests, or
    it has a cancel button.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Purpleheart View Post
    If this is supposed to be something that is VOLUNTARY, which every BB says it is. Why is it like a flash red thing when you do not do it. To me that is not Voluntary. It says to me I am failing to do what I need to. Makes me feel like I am a failure

it has a cancel button.
    I guess - from a mechanics standpoint - cancelling would throw a wrench into the works - as when a weekly ends it potentially triggers a new one if you have time... cancelling would give players a chance to 'ignore' the ones they don't want to do and 'skip' the time out. (i agree i'd like to cancel too - just to get the blasted thing out of my quest que and to get it to stop popping up wiht quest complete and having me potentially accidentally click the check mark and loose stupid amounts of troops or resources) . But they would need to modify the cancel to be "cancel entire week of quests"

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    if weekly challenges are to include co-op adventures, I suggest there is an option to change a player if they are not participating in the adventure. we had 4 players starting whirlwind, one logged a general in, did not make any attack and did not come back. if the player running the adventure could remove that player and put in another, we could finish the adventure
    Susan

Reply to Thread