Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly challenges and Random Factor for Adventures not Solo Friendly

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Weekly challenges and Random Factor for Adventures not Solo Friendly

One of the stated goals of the Weekly Challenges in the Developers Log was to eliminate the random factor and quesswork in treasure hunts and the like. However, this is completely negated... actually many times worse... through how you are choosing the random adventures for the week.

I had already completed multiple sections of the weekly challenge when I ran across the following showstopper: Do 3 Random Adventures from the following list: Tomb Raiders. This is problematic on two different fronts.

1) This item can not be bought from the store. Blindly assuming that someone will have multiple copies of any given random adventure is rash and presumptious. The chances of finding any one given adventure three times during a single week through adventure searches is way lower than collecting a certain number of treasure items through holiday event searches. Instead of elimintaing the random factor you have made it much worse. And while a person can theoretically purchase adventures from the trade house, finding someone to willing to sell a specific adventure any given week can be just as random as the adventure searches.

2) Tomb Raider is a co-op mission. I am a solo player. I don't have people readily available for doing co-op missions. Doing 3-4 player missions by yourself is tedious, but doable. Co-op missions are not.

Most holiday events are planned so that those of us without guilds can still attain satisfactory amount of reward in relation to the effort we are able to put into the game. However, the weekly challenges are going to be a no-go for me if it continues as currently implemented.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I have a similar situation - My task is to complete 4 adventures from the following list: The Grain Conflict. It has a 1% drop rate on short and medium adventure searches. Nobody is currently selling it. I'd be lucky to get it once from adventure searches this week

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I don't mind skipping a weekly challenge in hopes of getting a do-able one next week but I've already invested in this one. This quest came up after completing a couple quests

World
    Zeus
    Saying that there won't be any random factors like treasure search.

BUT the adventure searches for specific maps are EXACTLY the same mechanics as searching for "XX" specific treasure search.

Long ago back in the days when we had the first rounds of Crisis event, and it required to find "XXX" Granite it was or titanium or salt, players complained about how they couldn't finish the questline because of the search requirements and not getting the drops. We provided feedback to developers.

This round, its EXACTLY the same problem. 1% drop of Heart of the Woods, x3. For real??? (which is much worst than treasure searches).

Settler
    World
    Ares
    You guys at BB do know that ToW or Besieged city are follow up adv with a low drop rate, right? So running weekly challenges where you have to run those just once or even several times will become impossible pretty fast, at least for the regular folks who do not live and breathe Settlers 24 hours a day. I got an actual daytime job, which makes me one of the players that actually buys gems, but I am not able to play enough to get those adv on a regular basis. You guys need to figure out a solution to this fairly quickly. So either make them available in merchant for map frags or come up with a different solution. Ich kann mich auch auf Deutsch beklagen, falls es hilft

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    With the co-ops, you can ask in the trade channel - usually ppl will accept the offer for a freebie and they may be looking for the same thing :-)

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    These challenges are not every week - if you assume that ppl take the full 7 days and the challenges rotate, you are really talking once per month. And it is quite likely you can get some TOWs from 1 months play. I don't do advs, that lead to BC dropping - so I am skipping that weekly challenge.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AThunderBolt View Post
    These challenges are not every week - if you assume that ppl take the full 7 days and the challenges rotate, you are really talking once per month. And it is quite likely you can get some TOWs from 1 months play. I don't do advs, that lead to BC dropping - so I am skipping that weekly challenge.
    The weekly challenges start right after you finished one. So if you did finish it faster, you got another one lined up, which means you can do more than one a week in theory

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis69 View Post
    You guys at BB do know that ToW or Besieged city are follow up adv with a low drop rate, right? So running weekly challenges where you have to run those just once or even several times will become impossible pretty fast, at least for the regular folks who do not live and breathe Settlers 24 hours a day. I got an actual daytime job, which makes me one of the players that actually buys gems, but I am not able to play enough to get those adv on a regular basis. You guys need to figure out a solution to this fairly quickly. So either make them available in merchant for map frags or come up with a different solution. Ich kann mich auch auf Deutsch beklagen, falls es hilft
    Not only are they follow up adventures, but they are followups from followups.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I like the general intent, but to me, making coop advs contingent on completing a weekly is ludicrous.
    Add to that, you may not know the adv requirement until you've invested substantial resources just to get to that point.
    If this, and the above issues are left unchecked, I see this going to way of PvP.

Reply to Thread