Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Elite Training Grounds Buffing Error

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahmanan View Post
    it is only cosmetic. It doubles the time remaining for troops outside the window of the buff. Once the buff expires, they go back to normal. All is well.
    Has anyone timed it to see if its just a text error? To see if both buffs are actually working?
    There are many player who are not aware that it is only a text issue. When are they going to fix this?

World
    Zeus
    Yes, it is only cosmetic. The troops are being made in the correct amount of time while the buff is active.

That whole text error thing at the bottom is an entirely different thread:

https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...-of-decreasing
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Here's how to figure the "recruiting speed increase".

It increases the speed in producing units. It doesn't apply directly to the time.
    For example, Elite Barracks level 3, a Mounted Swordman takes 10m. With Elite training ground (50% faster recruiting speed), it takes 6m 40s.
    Here's how it's calculated: With Elite Barracks, I can now make 1.5 Mounted Swordsman instead of 1. So the time is 10m for 1.5 units, or dividing it out, 600s/1.5 gives you 1 mounted swordsman in 6m40s.
    This was confusing until I figured out what they meant by recruiting speed increase.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    cosmetic or not.. it need to be fixed. I should be able to quickly see how much 'actual' training time is in the queue.. as soon i buff the barracks.. poof thats gone. two hotfixes AND it was reported via test forum before it was released real time.. and it's still broken.

World
    Zeus
    Thanks Elgin. Yeah, I started out thinking a training grounds was like a barracks upgrade when it's actually more like a buff. I think I'm finally getting my head around how this works. But yes, it can be confusing. My initial thought that there was a bug is incorrect.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    cosmetic or not.. it need to be fixed. I should be able to quickly see how much 'actual' training time is in the queue.. as soon i buff the barracks.. poof thats gone. two hotfixes AND it was reported via test forum before it was released real time.. and it's still broken.
    And the thread for that bug is here:

https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...-of-decreasing

Reply to Thread