Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elite Training Grounds Buffing Error

World
    Zeus

Elite Training Grounds Buffing Error

Purchased 2 Elite Training Grounds. Buff is not working correctly.

Screenshot 1: Elite Barracks / no Training Grounds

Mounted Swordsman takes 5 minutes

Screenshot 2: Elite Barracks / no Training Grounds / Mr Myers buff

Mounted Swordsman takes 1 minute 15 seconds

Screenshot 3: Elite Barracks / 2 Elite Training Grounds

Mounted Swordsman takes 2 -1/2 minutes

Screenshot 4: Elite Barracks / 2 Elite Training Grounds / Mr Myers buff

Mounted Swordsman takes 1 minute

Obviously this isn't working correctly, time should be 37-1/2 seconds, not 1 minute.

Have also submitted a ticket.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    from my guilide "oh good grief, I had 12 days in barracks, added training grounds, down to 8 days, buffed with skunk and now it's up to 21 days"

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Actually 1 minute is the correct time for your situation. The training grounds only add another +100% to the total, and therefore do not increase the increase provided by buffs. So in your example the increase would be +300% for the Meyers buffs and plus another 100% for the grounds for a total of a +400% increase or x5. So the 5 minute time would become 1 minute, not 37.5 seconds.

So in short, additive not multiplicative.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    buffing should not ADD time to production, lol

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    We are currently looking into this issue. Thank you for letting us know about it and we hope to have it fixed as soon as possible.

-BB_Odhran

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Barracks glitch is still there after today's hotfix.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    Actually 1 minute is the correct time for your situation. The training grounds only add another +100% to the total, and therefore do not increase the increase provided by buffs. So in your example the increase would be +300% for the Meyers buffs and plus another 100% for the grounds for a total of a +400% increase or x5. So the 5 minute time would become 1 minute, not 37.5 seconds.

So in short, additive not multiplicative.
    You may be right and I completely misunderstood how this is supposed to work. With that being said, the barracks speed, listed in the barracks itself, is 200% with 2 of them. Using your example 200% + 300% = 500% = times 6 = 50 seconds. So apparently the label in the barracks is incorrect which only compounds confusion.

At any rate, spending 40K beastalks and 8K gems only to realize a 15 second increase from a Myers buff isn't leaving me with a warm and fuzzy feeling toward BB. My mistake if I didn't totally understand the mechanics prior to purchase I guess. Or maybe a better explanation in the Dev Diary rather than BB assuming we all understand and think about the game from a programming/technical standpoint is in order. I saw these buildings as an upgrade to barracks time rather than a permanent buff. So I'm disappointed that my understanding of how they worked isn't panning out.

It will be interesting to see what kind of answer we get and if BB makes it abundantly clear what to expect going forward.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    You may be right and I completely misunderstood how this is supposed to work. With that being said, the barracks speed, listed in the barracks itself, is 200% with 2 of them. Using your example 200% + 300% = 500% = times 6 = 50 seconds. So apparently the label in the barracks is incorrect which only compounds confusion.

At any rate, spending 40K beastalks and 8K gems only to realize a 15 second increase from a Myers buff isn't leaving me with a warm and fuzzy feeling toward BB. My mistake if I didn't totally understand the mechanics prior to purchase I guess. Or maybe a better explanation in the Dev Diary rather than BB assuming we all understand and think about the game from a programming/technical standpoint is in order. I saw these buildings as an upgrade to barracks time rather than a permanent buff. So I'm disappointed that my understanding of how they worked isn't panning out.

It will be interesting to see what kind of answer we get and if BB makes it abundantly clear what to expect going forward.
    500% is not x6, it is x5. +500% would be x6 because the plus is adding to the base 100 to make it 600%.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    doubles the amount of recruitment time...ouch...wish, I would have looked here before, I spent a crap load to get beanstalks... (coins not real money).

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    it is only cosmetic. It doubles the time remaining for troops outside the window of the buff. Once the buff expires, they go back to normal. All is well.

Reply to Thread