Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Weeklies are poorly scaled

World
    Zeus
    I agree the requirements and efforts related to quest scaling is just unbalanced.

It's like this with holiday event quest lines.

I personally don't enjoy it. and one of the main reasons why I don't bother to raise my XP to rush to 75.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Hmmm. Instead of my previous wordy post should have just commented like RonEmpire, so here goes...

Agreed, unbalanced and sucks enjoyment from the game.... Won't bother with it.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    This seems like an instance of them implementing a new feature that they really don't want the majority of people to use. Having to complete quests comprised of rare adventures, no thank you. I'm surprised there isn't an quest requiring multiple MCCs to be finished that week. Maybe there is, I only really looked up epidemic.

If I could completely upgrade a building once a week, I'd probably do them more often. And the quests should give multiple options to complete. Even MCC gives you options.. more troop losses for more rewards when you don't take 2 buffs.

But at 25 tokens, just not enough carrot to take a beating from that stick. Thankfully I don't need the population with the introduction of those training centers. But I am sad I won't get those buildings upgraded, and sub 50s will have shinier buildings.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    The weeklies are not something that everyone should think they "have" to do. These are meant for players that are up for that kind of challenge and willing to use the resources that it might take.

Please be sure to read the Dev Notes on this.

-BB_Odhran

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    If i do them every week I need more than 10 years to upgrade all my buildings, even more than reaching level 75( I am level 72, half way to 75). Being annoyed for the next 10 years is not an option, lol. Please give us a button, to remove the weeklies we don't like. At least for one week I will not see it there anymore. Same for the pvp quests, I will never do pvp.

World
    Zeus
    I'd have to agree, the Quest chain for the weekly challenges is totally unbalanced and over the top. The provision side for the ship isn't so bad as the adventure and troop delegation side. Seriously? Three ToW's? All while delegating 1,000's of Elite Troops. 3 Storm Recovery's?
    Besieged? Which is difficult and costly to obtain and already comes up regularly as a Pathfinder challenge. (Simply a case of BB math gone bad!!)

While I agree with the concept and the fact that the challenges shouldn't be simple. I also think you've overreached what's even mildly acceptable in terms of cost and time at the higher levels. Until there's some reasonable adjustment made on this half of the challenge then I'll be fine with just saying No to the weekly challenges.

And enough with the reminders already... tell me once I have an open quest when I log-in. having the weekly remind every five minutes when I'm trying to perform other maintenance is annoying and disruptive.

• " Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. "

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I think you could halve your upgrade time by selling half your buildings

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    You completely managed to take all the fun of this game. Congratulations! I've been playing for years, because it was a nice "get away" from reality, but you are now making this game as frustrating as life itself. 3x first thief or 3x storm recovery? are you nuts? not worth the time for rewards it gives. I have never been big fan of adventuring to begin with and now because of it i don't even bother to log in in the evenings anymore. I'm tired of having those quest in there constantly popping up that I have 0 interest finishing. Please put a big X on the weekly, so I can at least get rid of them for a week. Oh and btw, why does another so called weekly starts right after I finish the quest. Shouldn't it be a quest that starts on the same day every week? kinda defeats it's purpose - weekly challenges. It's like starting a new month on the 24th LOL

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    The token costs are poorly scaled too. I mean you can get +20 population on a Pirate Residence for a mere 7 tokens, while the Haunted Mansion we just got costs 32 tokens to gain +20 population.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    The weeklies are not something that everyone should think they "have" to do. These are meant for players that are up for that kind of challenge and willing to use the resources that it might take.
    -BB_Odhran
    Then please give us another way to earn tokens. They are too good of an idea to just target a small percentage of players.
    Or reward partial tokens for completing tasks in the weekly challenge.

Reply to Thread