Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Weeklies are poorly scaled

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin View Post
    Then please give us another way to earn tokens. They are too good of an idea to just target a small percentage of players.
    Or reward partial tokens for completing tasks in the weekly challenge.

Agreed

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshko View Post
    The token costs are poorly scaled too. I mean you can get +20 population on a Pirate Residence for a mere 7 tokens, while the Haunted Mansion we just got costs 32 tokens to gain +20 population.
    The difference in cost you're referring to is based on the fact that a Pirate Res is 50 pop, Haunted Mansion is 145.

Taking a Pirate Res from 130 (level 5) to 150 costs 26 tokens, taking a Haunted Mansion from 145 (level 1) to 165 costs 32, which indicates that the scale of tokens to pop value is actually pretty good/balanced.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin View Post
    Then please give us another way to earn tokens. They are too good of an idea to just target a small percentage of players.
    Or reward partial tokens for completing tasks in the weekly challenge.
    agreed, you give us something new that is desirable by all players and then you make it almost impossible to get it. There should be another way, or split those tokens between the quests, so players can still get at least some tokens for the time and resources invested, if they are not able to complete whole weekly quest.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Us lower level people are not having an easy time with the weeklies either. I can not find 2 copies of grain conflict nor 2 copies of heart of the wood, to attempt for the same step. Noone in guild has them, noone sells them on TO nor fulfills buy orders for them. Not to mention that some of the resources are not easy for a lower level player to get. It takes 4 or 5 days to complete the required treasure searches which are also the incorrect ones to even have a 1% chance to find the adventures I need to also complete. All this, having not been able to complete one weekly challenge yet, and small amount of coins rewarded, leads me to the conclusion I will be ignoring the all the rest. Yet another poorly implemented feature by BB. Suck it on your weekly challenges.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    To all the haters in chat...I get that they are supposed to be challenges and not easily completed. But seriously, I spend time and resources to get through the first two stages, then get **** blocked by things in stage three. Then, no reward except for some XP which I could have picked up running missions in less time and in some cases using fewer resources. A partial reward should be offered for each Part completed (as several people above have mentioned and quoted.)

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaird View Post
    Us lower level people are not having an easy time with the weeklies either. I can not find 2 copies of grain conflict nor 2 copies of heart of the wood, to attempt for the same step. Noone in guild has them, noone sells them on TO nor fulfills buy orders for them. Not to mention that some of the resources are not easy for a lower level player to get. It takes 4 or 5 days to complete the required treasure searches which are also the incorrect ones to even have a 1% chance to find the adventures I need to also complete. All this, having not been able to complete one weekly challenge yet, and small amount of coins rewarded, leads me to the conclusion I will be ignoring the all the rest. Yet another poorly implemented feature by BB. Suck it on your weekly challenges.
    Hmmm yeah, I'll hate on your post - except the part where you have to do searches that don't yield the adventures you need to run. Would be a very nice consistency if the quest encouraged you to run whatever search provided the scenarios needed later!

World
    Zeus
    I have come to the conclusion that there will be a few "die hards" that will say there is nothing wrong with the weekly quests & will do anything to complete them to say they are correct. These same players are going to be level 61 or higher as these level players can produce the resources that are needed to easily make the weapons needed to create "Elite Troops" required to get through the adventures. All of the adventure requirements I have received are either completing multiple level 10 adventures or the 1 requirement I received that wasn't a level 10 adventure was to do 2 Storm Recovery adventures which use up a ton of grout for each one. I now understand the developers deliberately made these quest requirements extremely difficult so they could sit back & laugh at the idiots that do complete them. I will now go back to what I was doing before these so called "weekly quests" started & that is to send ALL my Explorers on treasure searches & NONE on adventure searches. I will save gold & resources that way & at least the treasure they bring back will be more beneficial for me. And the most enjoyment I will get will be the satisfaction of when the developers compute their stats of how well the weekly quests are going, the numbers of players getting a "FAILURE" at completing the quest will gradually increase as the players realize the futility of trying to complete the adventure portions of the weekly quests. They will send the ship on its way as they will be able to produce the required items to complete that portion but they will stop at the adventure step. Congratulations to the developers on a new way to make a player perceive themselves as a failure. Good job.

World
    Ares
    The CoOp adv quests need to stop. There aren't enough people needing them to fill enough of the open slots to meet all the requests.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I also think the adventures requirements are very difficult... this week I have 2 co-op (w/ 4 players required) and last week 3 Arabian nights adventures to complete - for me it usually takes 2 days - if I have everything I need... but this was at the end of the chain of requirements... not too fun in being not able to complete the chains... if it was either produce X or do adventures Y (player choice), then it would be a bit more enjoyable...

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Okay, I will probably do these for a while. Turns out I like tokens. The required update is not rocket science even, since the hard part (weekly mechanic) is already in place.

Suggestion. Copy each of the existing four chains four times, so you create sixteen additional quest chain options for each level. Keep the resource sink, troop sink requirements what they are today. But, for the copies, offer sixteen new combinations of scenarios, coops, and adventures. Make at least one choice that says "run any two scenarios" (for lower levels) and "run any four scenarios" (for higher levels). Give us a "run any coop" (lower levels) to "run any three coops" (higher levels) so we can run the quick/fair ones like Tomb Raiders and Siege where you don't have to wait for your co-adventurers to finish. Make some specific adventures, and some "run any three from this list: ____" versions. Use all available adventures that are reasonable to obtain, that pretty much only excludes really hard to get follow ups (Old Friends, Motherly Love). If it only came up 1 in 20 quests, I would even be happy to see "Run 1 Ali Baba and the freaking Princess" in there.

Edit - and since we know you can track this, you can keep track of the options across all servers for a few months, take the one on average completed the fastest and make it harder/different. Take the one failed or allowed to expire most often and make it easier/different. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. We just need more choices.
    Last edited by KingHomer; 12-10-18 at 06:06 pm. Reason: Added last section

Reply to Thread