Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Weeklies are poorly scaled

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Edit - and since we know you can track this, you can keep track of the options across all servers for a few months, take the one on average completed the fastest and make it harder/different. Take the one failed or allowed to expire most often and make it easier/different. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. We just need more choices.
    They are still tracking data from the loot revamp so they can adjust Wild Mary etc

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Got to love the weekly challenge when you need to pay more than you storage capacity. And the amounts you need to produce is such a high number that it will take a week leaving no time for any other part of the challenge.

To me these are are a waste to even try to complete

World
    Ares
    I think I am about done trying to do the weeklies. They suck resources then give multiple specific advs to run. These advs are either Whirlwind, where there aren't enough available and willing players to fill the slots, or Ali Babas that are nearly impossible to get multiples of. I thought it was a good idea at first, but it's not worth the effort only to fail because of the adv stage.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    also done with weeklies here. Please add at least a big X so I can delete them from my quest menu.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Oh just received my new weekly with Storm Recovery. Tried it two times, used tones of recources and failed twice, even using a tutorial from settlers wiki. Seriously? No other scenarios to use but the buggy one?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHomer View Post
    Okay, I will probably do these for a while. Turns out I like tokens. The required update is not rocket science even, since the hard part (weekly mechanic) is already in place.

Suggestion. Copy each of the existing four chains four times, so you create sixteen additional quest chain options for each level. Keep the resource sink, troop sink requirements what they are today. But, for the copies, offer sixteen new combinations of scenarios, coops, and adventures. Make at least one choice that says "run any two scenarios" (for lower levels) and "run any four scenarios" (for higher levels). Give us a "run any coop" (lower levels) to "run any three coops" (higher levels) so we can run the quick/fair ones like Tomb Raiders and Siege where you don't have to wait for your co-adventurers to finish. Make some specific adventures, and some "run any three from this list: ____" versions. Use all available adventures that are reasonable to obtain, that pretty much only excludes really hard to get follow ups (Old Friends, Motherly Love). If it only came up 1 in 20 quests, I would even be happy to see "Run 1 Ali Baba and the freaking Princess" in there.

Edit - and since we know you can track this, you can keep track of the options across all servers for a few months, take the one on average completed the fastest and make it harder/different. Take the one failed or allowed to expire most often and make it easier/different. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. We just need more choices.
    This is probably the most helpful suggestion on these thread of bitching with no help as to how to fix what people are calling broken. I personally dont mind the weekly and barely ever complete them. I like the fact that they are a resource sink and it burns off the excess junk that is in the realm. I dont believe the quest are all that hard for co-ops as I see them in trade being offered. The requirements for the elite quest are a bit much for lower than 60 but if you do every other week I think it manageable and it would become easier as you would have higher population for draw from.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I'm open to resource sinks, but there has to be some reward that comes close to the cost or effort.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoMODE View Post
    This is probably the most helpful suggestion on these thread of bitching with no help as to how to fix what people are calling broken. I personally dont mind the weekly and barely ever complete them. I like the fact that they are a resource sink and it burns off the excess junk that is in the realm. I dont believe the quest are all that hard for co-ops as I see them in trade being offered. The requirements for the elite quest are a bit much for lower than 60 but if you do every other week I think it manageable and it would become easier as you would have higher population for draw from.

At this point i skip all but the ship... and will start skipping the ship that requires book fittings.... the troop sink is too much for me to do and then also run maybe 2-3 adv a week (so i'm not out there grinding adv already)... and i have 2 etg's and a lvl 6 e-barracks... i struggle to keep up w/ standard adv e-troops. so i'm not killing them off - especially am and bs -- for a quest.

the resources ... again they take way too long to build up... and even a reg adv'r like me never has that much gunpowder (thank god cause than i cant accidentally click the ok check and loose it all).

I'm lvl 68... with 43k+ pop... and i cant keep up with these. so imho, they are scaled way to high. not even going to mention the adv requirements. i Pretty much NEVER have the ali's they want, nor the time. and well.. storm recovery?? nuff said. Whirlwind -- boy do i hate that adv.

Reply to Thread