Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Weeklies are poorly scaled

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Weeklies are poorly scaled

a level 46-55 player who actively works on his weekly challenges will clear them in 1-2 days, pulling 51-85 tokens in a week as long as he can find enough copies of Heart of the Wood and/or friends with which to do Tomb Raiders. the resource costs for getting these tokens is also quite low for people below level 56. on the other hand, those players in the 56-65 bracket, or the 66+ bracket, have requirements such as "complete 3 storm recovery." Okay okay, we get it, no one does Storm Recovery and you're trying to encourage it... the problem is that no one does it because the cost:benefit on it is TERRIBLE, it's a gigantic waste of resources. these weeklies are literally requiring multiple DAYS worth of elite barracks training time to go straight into "delegated" troops, and THEN has us running 3 Treasures of Wisdom, which are expensive adventures to acquire, in addition to taking a lot more of our barracks-hours worth of troops.

In short: it should NOT be so much easier to farm tokens as a lower level. No player should be punished for being a higher level. This is wrong and needs to be fixed.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    agreed, I am in danger of not even being able to finish my weekly quest in time because even with the use of buffs i'm falling short on time to train all the elite troops it takes to complete the 3 adventures. I have max buffed all the way thru and still won't complete unless by some miracle and I have all level 5 and many of each in which to produce. Making the weekly quests hard is one thing but impossible is quite another and right now in the above mentioned bracket it's impossible. At least for the one I received.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    This was my thought as well. The weekly challenges are pretty good for the lower levels, but they are so bad at higher levels that there is no point in even starting them, let alone finishing them.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I had epidemic as my first weekly challenge. After burning all those troops and resources I see now the only way to progress is to complete three Treasure of Wisdom adventures. Wow that's expensive. I'll finish it since I'm this far in, but expect this will be my last epidemic until/unless the adventure options change.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    The way the weekly challenges are set up now are ridiculous. Its almost impossible to do them at a higher level and only for 25 tokens???? The work is not worth the rewards in anyway. You have to cut the cost down by at least 50% to make it so people will want to do them or else it will become just another useless activity in this game

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    This is true.
    Mad scientist.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop21 View Post
    The way the weekly challenges are set up now are ridiculous. Its almost impossible to do them at a higher level and only for 25 tokens???? The work is not worth the rewards in anyway. You have to cut the cost down by at least 50% to make it so people will want to do them or else it will become just another useless activity in this game
    So you didn't get any XP? wow, what a bug. If that was the case, I would agree with you, but since I got some nice XP out of it, I really can't agree.

general: So far I am happy with the weekly quests - some I won't do because I don't do stuff that leads to the adventure dropping, but I'm not going to cry myself to sleep at night because I missed one.

Good job BB! It could use some tweaking perhaps, but overall I like it so far.

Thanks for a great game!

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Just lost one from our guild and from TSO:

"I'm sorry but, this game is just too much for me! I wanted a casual game. This game is anything but. I dun wanna be here 24/7 to get these stupid quests done!"

It is not unreasonable to expect more departures.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    That's an extreme reaction, it's not like anybody is forcing them to do weekly quests..... Very strange person........

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I agree with SN02, The weekly challenge is SO extreme for someone lvl66+ wanting to casually play the game that it takes the enjoyment out of it. Yes AThunderBolt, no-one is forcing me to do it, but as noted.. for a 46-55 player they are probably set about at the right level, except that the list of adventures you must do is a single co-op 3-4 player a number of times over...

I am glad in one respect that the co-ops are included as this makes it more than solo gaming. but a co-op and a couple of other multi-player advs would have been better

I did the first 1000+elite troop sacrifice into the BB volcano (weekly quest) and got the 25 tokens. But will not be completing any more. The rewards are not worth it.

There used to be a sense of accomplishment in getting quests done in this game. Now the sense is not there any more with this weekly quest

I think that if i was getting it done now in the current state it would simply be a weekly reminder that I would be better spending my recreation time doing other things.

looking at the wiki across different levels ... some of the weekly quests are probably good for the game and set right to be a little challenging, and interesting. But certainly not the top-tier quests.

Reply to Thread