Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes Weekly Challenges

World
    Zeus
    i like the weekly challenges so far but feel you could do a little better,make us do different adventures instead of same ones,first week i had to do 2 wild marys,2nd week 3 heart of the trees,change them up ,make us do different adv so its not so monotonous

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I don't think there should be co-ops. Someone on here said, rather disparagingly, "get yourself some friends" - well maybe I don't like begging favors from all my friends on a regular basis? I am a lower-level player and for my first weekly challenge that had a co-op (which a higher level guild member kindly donated to me). I did as much as I could alone so that I would not tie up my friends' resources since I knew I would be slow. It took me a little over a day but I was pretty stable economically at that time, so fine. I don't live online and I certainly don't live on this game, but even getting on three times a day I could not find two people who were both available and willing at the same time do a loser low-level co-op with me. After three days I found two willing victims and got it done...but I will never do another one with a co-op. I am just not going to ask that of my friends and guildmates on a recurring basis.

The second weekly challenge my resources were already strained from the first one. I looked at three rare adventures I would have to beg or buy, decided the benefit was not worth the cost, and made the choice to skip.

I have not yet been offered the third weekly challenge but I looked them up on the wiki to see if I should start preparing for them - again, the resources required would, IMO, be far better spent doing something else. Although lower-level, I am at the top of the 36-45 quest "bracket", so you would think I would be having an easier time, but no. I can only imagine people in my same bracket but lower level are going to start bailing on these en masse as well.

Quite plainly, the rewards are not worth the costs for me. The tokens have diminishing return, as the more you use the less population increase you get. COULD I do the weekly challenges every week? Sure, if I gave up my real life and also gave up trying to do anything else in the game.

Maybe when I get to level 5 million and am looking for new ways to sink resources I will start doing these weekly quests. But until then, count me among the "won'ts", unless some serious re-balancing is done.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    All the information is available. And yes it isn't in the game - should it be - maybe but generally this game doesn't do that (as well as a lot of other games).

http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/ques...ly-challenges/
    It was true that when I went to the wiki link within, the web page had little information on weekly challenges. I gather it had been updated on daily basis, I just did not look at it daily. Today when I went to it, it shows all the information needed. Nice to see someone has all the details for us to find.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    After now running WW several times, including getting stuck with somebody vanishing again and me using all available buffs to take out the leader, could you please add more spots for generals to get closer to bandit camps? Having to wait for other players because they have to cross the whole map is like watching paint dry. which probably is the reason that people wander off, get snacks, play with their dogs, play with their spouse, and then forget they were in a coop.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Personally if we have to do adventures it should be adventures one can buy in Merchant or drop easily. Why have scenario's if only drops about 1% of time. (like heart of wood). Also why have follow up adv like 1st and second thief. Not all high levels have many of them. I do like the weekly's but I am afraid many of us will loose out cause we do not have the adventures to finish the tasks with. At least when we had challenges that happened now and then they were all achievable. We never got adventures that were not achievable or easy to get

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Letting my weekly expire

Watching the clock count down until a better option arrives. Would be great if we had more options within each instead of having to let expire.. So why the massive change on base pop on arabian residence? Who had that genius idea?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Put a cancel button on the weekly annoyance thing please!!!

I dont care if it doesnt spawn for another week. Remove the big RUDE FLASHING sign too!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    After reading through 11 pages of complaints, I'm rather disappointed in BB's lack of feedback/action.

I decided to join the forum today to reiterate what so many others have stated over and over again: Give players the option to choose from an actual "list" of adventures.

...and just in case you don't know what a "list" is, I took the liberty of finding you a link:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/list

Quote: "list"
    NOUN
    A number of connected items or names written or printed consecutively, typically one below the other.
    Synonyms: catalogue, inventory, record, register, roll, file, index, directory, listing, listicle, checklist, tally, docket, ticket, enumeration, table, tabulation"

This does not fit your current idea of a "list" that is better explained as: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/one

"one
    CARDINAL NUMBER
    The lowest cardinal number; half of two; 1.
    Synonyms: a single, a solitary, a sole, a lone"

I would appreciate BB taking action on this.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    has anyone else had issue loading merc troops?? I attempt to load them to a gen - and its greyed out. the other gens accept mercs if i want but not the gen i need . I emptied him to ensure he had room - no change.. he just refuses to accept mercs. Is there some new rule about using mercs more than once on a gen ??

I have 10k rec mercs and would really like to use em how i see fit.

(gen was major)
    thanks

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by jansen86 View Post
    After reading through 11 pages of complaints, I'm rather disappointed in BB's lack of feedback/action.

I decided to join the forum today to reiterate what so many others have stated over and over again: Give players the option to choose from an actual "list" of adventures.

...and just in case you don't know what a "list" is, I took the liberty of finding you a link:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/list

Quote: "list"
    NOUN
    A number of connected items or names written or printed consecutively, typically one below the other.
    Synonyms: catalogue, inventory, record, register, roll, file, index, directory, listing, listicle, checklist, tally, docket, ticket, enumeration, table, tabulation"

This does not fit your current idea of a "list" that is better explained as: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/one

"one
    CARDINAL NUMBER
    The lowest cardinal number; half of two; 1.
    Synonyms: a single, a solitary, a sole, a lone"

I would appreciate BB taking action on this.
    This.

Reply to Thread