Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes Weekly Challenges

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    If I must do co-op adventures please allow me to do tomb raider instead of whirlwind. Also I feel like I am being punished for being high level on all 4 weeklies. some more adventure options would relieve this,maybe you could let us select our own level range to participate in? I feel like I made a mistake in gaining levels, could have made this a lot easier on myself if i didn't level. Other then this I like the content

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    For me, the Weekly challenges have been a welcome addition. They add to the diversity of options I have for playing the game. We have Weekly Challenges, Excelsior ventures, Epic Quests, Fairy Tale and Arabian nights, as well as dozens of adventures. Do I have to do them all? No, I have choices. I do prefer challenges that require me to do more than point and click, so I welcome the risk of failure. Sooner or later, I expect to fail to complete a Weekly challenge, but each step along the way gives me XP and loot, so I'll be able to accept that. Will I enjoy it? No, but I'll cope, and move on. I don't have to do everything. I put PVP aside when levels over 50 opened up. It wasn't for me, but i know that some people enjoy it and use it effectively. I enjoy the game because every day, I have choices to make, goals to set and meet, and challenges to face. The Weekly Challenges also go better with increased interaction with other players. Adventures don't always fall into my lap, so I need to work with trade and my guild to have to tools and resources to complete them. I'm sure there'll be adjustments in time, but for now, I'm calling them a net gain.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I guess the best start for my opinion lies in the fact that during the Halloween Event we were given 2x XP as a reward, thus pushing people up levels much faster than their economy can withstand. I started Halloween at level 54, and when it was over I was at level 56. I just barely was able to start producing the Elite level items and troops, so requiring me to pay items that I haven't even begun making (due to my concentration being on the Halloween event) was a bit ludicrous. Now add in the fact that on my first Weekly Challenge I was started with Town Construction, where I would need to run 2 - 2nd Thief's and train and delegate 350 Knights. Now I also have to try and run a bunch of YWC and 1st Thief in the hopes I actually get 2nd Thief's.

The worst part is, unless I eliminate my regular Army, there is no possible way for me to do that at all. With a population limit of now 13k, it would take me far too long to produce the required troops and run those adventures to be able to complete it in the 1 week time frame. Not sure my Population limit is right, as I have 15k army size, but my troop amounts are as follows:
    Recruit - 9950
    Bowman - 1200
    Militia - 600
    Cavalry - 600
    Longbowman - 600
    Soldier - 600
    Crossbowman - 600
    Elite Soldiers - 600
    Cannoneer - 600

Some of those numbers could be adjusted a little lower, as it would be very rare to need 600 of all the upper sets, but I can only run 1 of the Tailors before needing to rebuild my entire Bowman army. Now to have any troops from the Elite level Barracks (currently only have 25 Swordsman) and also be able to do any Guild Quests/Daily Quests, I would virtually need to double may army size in an instant. Sorry, but I am not about to spend a $500 - $1000 real cash to get a large enough population to be able to do both parts of the game. I only managed to get thru the first Weekly by the help of my Guild, with them running the 2 adventures and going on the LS slot, and also being sent the Battle Horses.

So my ultimate conclusion on this is:
    1: Do not make it a requirement to do an adventure that is a followup. They should be purchasable with map frags/Guild Coins, or acquired thru the players Adventure Searches.
    2: Adjust the requirements to actually reflect what a player could possibly do without ruining their economy and ability to participate in minimum daily tasks.
    3: Never do 2x XP Events. This only rushes people to higher levels with no foundation below them. (maybe a purchasable token to give 2x XP, similar to the Premium Token(but not adding it to the Premium Token)).
    4: I am skipping all Weekly Challenges until I see them as feasible and worthwhile.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Royleeinator View Post
    The worst part is, unless I eliminate my regular Army, there is no possible way for me to do that at all. With a population limit of now 13k, it would take me far too long to produce the required troops and run those adventures to be able to complete it in the 1 week time frame. Not sure my Population limit is right, as I have 15k army size, but my troop amounts are as follows:
    Recruit - 9950
    Bowman - 1200
    Militia - 600
    Cavalry - 600
    Longbowman - 600
    Soldier - 600
    Crossbowman - 600
    Elite Soldiers - 600
    Cannoneer - 600

Some of those numbers could be adjusted a little lower, as it would be very rare to need 600 of all the upper sets, but I can only run 1 of the Tailors before needing to rebuild my entire Bowman army.
    I'd cut everything at least in half, except the bows and maybe the cavalry. If your goal is XP, you'll be kicking yourself if you keep doing regular adventures much past 56.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I guess the best start for my opinion lies in the fact that during the Halloween Event we were given 2x XP as a reward, thus pushing people up levels much faster than their economy can withstand. I started Halloween at level 54, and when it was over I was at level 56. I just barely was able to start producing the Elite level items and troops, so requiring me to pay items that I haven't even begun making (due to my concentration being on the Halloween event) was a bit ludicrous. Now add in the fact that on my first Weekly Challenge I was started with Town Construction, where I would need to run 2 - 2nd Thief's and train and delegate 350 Knights. Now I also have to try and run a bunch of YWC and 1st Thief in the hopes I actually get 2nd Thief's.

Recruit - 9950
    Bowman - 1200
    Militia - 600
    Cavalry - 600
    Longbowman - 600
    Soldier - 600
    Crossbowman - 600
    Elite Soldiers - 600
    Cannoneer - 600
    Thoughts.... with Christmas event coming up right on the heels of Halloween, you should focus on setting yourself up for woodcutter. That means leveling your elite barracks to at least 4 (don't waste time making any elite troops yet, it will be much faster later), getting some cheap pop space (maybe some noble deeds, to level 3, 50 pop each) to 15k pop, as you get other buildings you can tear those down and sell them to get coin back, and dropping those higher troop counts on LB to 0 (do you need those?), soldier / militia to 300, and xb/elites/cannons to 400-500.

That buys you about 1500-2000 pop space to get your elite army started. For woodcutter, I made a guide based on blocking, level 56 troops and no skills or COA, pretty basic, if you block and have skills there are much more efficient guides, but YWC is the only advent of the AB's that doesn't get helped a lot by Besiegers. YWC is also a very good source of beans and grout to upgrade your production and make stalks (for the training grounds, to speed your troop production - faster troop production helps overcome lower pop space).

And while all this is going on, you can get a few other elite buildings build up. It takes time, if you're level 54-56, you've been here long enough to know it all takes time.

Once you get to the point you can alternate YWC with Tailors, you're in good shape to move on to the weekly challenges, Thiefs and so on, and the Thiefs will occasionally drop Wisdom for you, so you'll have two challenges you can complete sometimes.

I think most of us are complaining not about the challenges (they are hard, they are supposed to be hard), but about the very narrow list of adventures in the challenges.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    After doing the adventure part of the weekly challenge a few times, I sincerely hope that the players will be given a wider choice of advs to choose from. Once you get past the obstacle of securing several copies of certain hard to get advs, doing the same adventure back to back three times is not only onerous but defeats the purpose of having fun with the game. By the time you get to the third one, it is more annoying than a challenge.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    is there a reason that level 46-55 players are only asked to delegate 2.5 to 3 hours worth of troops from their unbuffed barracks, but level 66+ players are expected to tie up their elite barracks for more than two DAYS?

Why is it so easy for a level 55 to collect 100 tokens a week, but a level 66 has to struggle hard to get half that many?

The problem is that we have to spend more than 10x as many resources per token, and we physically are not capable of farming them as quickly even if we were willing to pay such an ABSURDLY high cost to get them.

Fix this.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Now I also have to try and run a bunch of YWC and 1st Thief in the hopes I actually get 2nd Thief's.
    Well good news then, since 1st Thief is not required in any way to get a 2nd Thief. Woodcutter drops all three of the thief follow-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Raega View Post
    is there a reason that level 46-55 players are only asked to delegate 2.5 to 3 hours worth of troops from their unbuffed barracks, but level 66+ players are expected to tie up their elite barracks for more than two DAYS?

Why is it so easy for a level 55 to collect 100 tokens a week, but a level 66 has to struggle hard to get half that many?

The problem is that we have to spend more than 10x as many resources per token, and we physically are not capable of farming them as quickly even if we were willing to pay such an ABSURDLY high cost to get them.

Fix this.
    I agree with this absolutely. If this is supposed to be a time challenge aiming at 4.5 days, why is the time required for troops so drastically different at the top levels? A low level can get 9 tokens for 41 recruits. Even with a level 1 barracks that is about two hours time. For 27 tokens that means only 6 hours time built at the slowest. Yet the elite troops required for 66+ is well over a day and a half at the fastest level 6 elite barracks. (And both have access to the same buffs so one should not be expected to use them while the other does not) And that is just for 25 tokens!

It is like you are requiring us to spend a ton of gems on the training grounds just to catch up, and it should not require paying gems to be even.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by ROKSettler View Post
    After doing the adventure part of the weekly challenge a few times, I sincerely hope that the players will be given a wider choice of advs to choose from. Once you get past the obstacle of securing several copies of certain hard to get advs, doing the same adventure back to back three times is not only onerous but defeats the purpose of having fun with the game. By the time you get to the third one, it is more annoying than a challenge.
    I have to agree on that one. I ran ToW three times and at the third time I wanted to yell: "boooooring" at the screen. I would like variety as well. 2 ToK (we have to many) and 1 ToW for example would work much better. Or throw in a third or first thief. Unfortunately, as BC is already used for another challenge and Seasnake is needed in pathfinder challenges, there aren't many equivalent to choose from. Maybe you need to create new one :P. But ToW, if you have it, isn't really harder than any of the other 1001 nights adv, so it should not matter which ones to run.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Tokens for population is a great idea. Make them available in other ways than doing Weekly Challenges.

For example, instead of endless star coins in Excelsior Book Evil Queen, have a single Token instead of 20 star coins.

As long as you have a in-demand, unique item (Tokens) available only through a poorly executed system (Weekly Challenges), people will be unhappy.
    Deliver Tokens in other ways.

Reply to Thread