Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 05.12.2018

Administrator
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Changelog 05.12.2018

Dear Settlers,

The Changelog for 05.12.2018 was just published and we can't wait to hear your initial impressions and overall feedback.

Thank you,
    BB_Odhran

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I just loaded tsotesting to see the price of woodcutter in map fragments. Turns out it's not there. I'm very concerned that this will be available for just a few thousand map fragments, thus DEMOLISHING the entire value structure of alibaba adventures. The number of available Wood Cutters is NOT the issue being faced by high level players doing Weekly Challenges. The problem is how incredibly specific the Epidemic quest is that a player must complete THREE runs through of an adventure that is already popular (therefore few remain in circulation for long). Simply add another adventure or two as alternative options. Please do not devalue the hundreds of 1001 Nights adventures that we have by offering Wood Cutters for any less than 10,000-20,000 map fragments each.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Raega View Post
    I just loaded tsotesting to see the price of woodcutter in map fragments. Turns out it's not there. I'm very concerned that this will be available for just a few thousand map fragments, thus DEMOLISHING the entire value structure of alibaba adventures. The number of available Wood Cutters is NOT the issue being faced by high level players doing Weekly Challenges. The problem is how incredibly specific the Epidemic quest is that a player must complete THREE runs through of an adventure that is already popular (therefore few remain in circulation for long). Simply add another adventure or two as alternative options. Please do not devalue the hundreds of 1001 Nights adventures that we have by offering Wood Cutters for any less than 10,000-20,000 map fragments each.
    I have no idea why you think would be devaluing anything other than maybe the cost of woodcutters. And 10-20k map fragments for this is ridiculous.

The number of woodcutters is an issue since it appears you can't get them from adventures searches anymore. If woodcutters aren't easily available - people can't run them to generate 1st, 2nd and 3rd thiefs which generate the other adventures. Which firstly means the lvl 56-66 can't do weekly challenges and there are less adventures available to 66 plus as well.

You may have hundreds of woodcutters but other people who are in the 56-60 range do not and they should not be forced to pay inflated prices to get this kind of starter adventure which is necessary for basic game progression.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Woodcutters are worth about 8k coins, map fragments are worth about .7 coins... 8000/0.7= ~11,400

If Woodcutter is put in the shop for less than 10k fragments, it will devalue woodcutters, which will (in turn) devalue all followup adventures down the line.

It's not that hard to get them, and literally every player who is 60+ went through 55-60 without cheap woodcutters.

This is allegedly being done to make Weekly Challenges more manageable. The problem with that is there isn't a shortage of 1001 Nights adventures, there just isnt a surplus of the specific ones for which they are asking. This "solution" is just going to severely devalue 1001 Nights adventures, as well as somewhat devaluing grout, beans, and platinum

EDIT: to be clear, woodcutters were more expensive before, the word "inflated" is completely inaccurate, they've never been cheaper

re-EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    I have no idea why you think would be devaluing anything other than maybe the cost of woodcutters. And 10-20k map fragments for this is ridiculous.
    If woodcutters aren't easily available - people can't run them to generate 1st, 2nd and 3rd thiefs which generate the other adventures. Which firstly means the lvl 56-66 can't do weekly challenges and there are less adventures available to 66 plus as well.
    Pick a side my friend. Either their values are linked and your first statement makes no sense, or they are not and your second one makes no sense

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Woodcutters are worth about 8k coins, map fragments are worth about .7 coins... 8000/0.7= ~11,400
    EDIT: to be clear, woodcutters were more expensive before, the word "inflated" is completely inaccurate, they've never been cheaper

re-EDIT:
    To be clear, Raega, I bought a lot of Woodcutters when I was leveling up and the price was around 4k coins.
    And to be even more clear I was asking for this (Woodcutter for map fragments) for more then 1 year. BB Alex said they consider it and the adventure will be added on shop at some point. Check test forum.

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    Yes I do think Woodcutter should be made available for map fragments and we will do that at some point.
    https://forum.tsotesting.com/threads...er-Ship/page10

Noble
    World
    Ares
    I'm sorry but just because that is the price on Zeus, does not make that the official value. Woodcutters are only around 4K on Ares so why should we have to pay 20K frags for that? Besides during the Pirate event we saw the more advanced Ali Baba maps for just over 5K frags, so what sense would it make for a woodcutter to be 4x that value?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares

If Woodcutter is put in the shop for less than 10k fragments, it will devalue woodcutters, which will (in turn) devalue all followup adventures down the line.

It's not that hard to get them, and literally every player who is 60+ went through 55-60 without cheap woodcutters.

This is allegedly being done to make Weekly Challenges more manageable. The problem with that is there isn't a shortage of 1001 Nights adventures, there just isnt a surplus of the specific ones for which they are asking. This "solution" is just going to severely devalue 1001 Nights adventures, as well as somewhat devaluing grout, beans, and platinum

re-EDIT:

Pick a side my friend. Either their values are linked and your first statement makes no sense, or they are not and your second one makes no sense
    I don't understand half your 'points'. However, I am lvl 61 and most of my woodcutters were gained from adventures searches and given the regularly which they dropped prior to last week they cost more in the 1-2k coin range. And yes 4k if you bought in the trade office.

It takes 4 hours in the rarity provision house to produce 1250 map fragments unbuffed - it would take over 32 hours to produce 10k. The result of this would be that that building would become useless for producing anything BUT map fragments. Want to book your generals using the manuscript recipe - forget it - want to produce buffs for events - forget it.

Your suggestion would straight out be unworkable and anyone hitting 57 might as well find another game.

It is to BB's advantage to encourage people to run adventures - adventures generally fuel gem purchases. There would be no point in buying that scouting post or getting multiple training grounds if people aren't running adventures - there wouldn't also be much point in buying premium days. I actually think BB needs to encourage more people at the lower levels especially to run their own adventures rather than leveling via loot spots. And making adventures more easily available is the first step to that.

World
    Zeus
    I've always thought that Young Woodpecker should be available for map scraps. Rolling that out now in response to feedback about the weekly challenges makes no sense however. If we end up not getting a list of adventures to choose from in the weekly's, hopefully we'll be able to get Ali followups for map scraps eventually as well.

Glad to see the endless coal mine going live already. Not sure if I need one, but kinda want one
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Endless coal mines! Hurrah!! That should make is easier to run my forge. Thank you BB.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    If Woodcutters are not priced reasonably, what's even the point of adding them? People probably will have to take a haircut on their Woodcutter sales, but I don't see how it could reasonably be expected that people pay tens of thousands of fragments. How long before that market completely dries up at that pace?

I guess it's a good first easy to implement baby step and something that I don't consider a bad thing, but more Woodcutter availability does nothing to address the issues with weekly challenges. Unless there is some realization that the resource requirements are too high and the choice of adventures is absurd, weeklies at higher level aren't worth the time or effort, at best, if not completely impossible.

Endless coal mines sound nice.

Reply to Thread