- 1:48 > (x2.11)
    - 1:56 > (x2.03)

Recycling Manufactory 990
    - 3:24 (204s per cycle)
    - 3:32
    - 3:40
    - 3:48
    - 3:56

Conclusion : Not worth. Way too expensive for his price! Even taking count space used! wtf?
    Assuming the mine on test today matches the one that came live - this is not true. The Endless Coal Mine is affected by the geologist skill that enables faster mining of coal ("Quality Coal Mineshafts"), enabling production of 30 seconds. If you place a 2x2 storehouse in the position next to the center coal mine in S7, you can achieve a 42 second cycle for the center coal mine and a 50 second cycle for the upper right coal mine if you get a second one (like the copper, it maxes at 3).

In addition, the Endless Coal Mine produces +1 coal per cycle, so under optimal conditions, the Endless Coal Mine (level 6, quality coal mineshafts, best storage placement) is producing 7 coal every 42 seconds, and a second mine could be producing 7 coal every 50 seconds unbuffed.

Last, the coal mine should be affected by mining zone buffs, while the recycler should not be.

If anyone has the mine and confirm the above came over to live servers, I would appreciate it, but the math tells me the best mine placement can achieve 1 coal per 6 seconds, while the best placement for a level 6 recycler is 1 coal every 34 seconds, so the first one can be close to 6x more effective (second one 5x) and uses no building space.

Additional note: it looks like there's a 2x2 "gingerbread storage" building coming on test. which will fit very nicely in the space next to the center coal mine in S7...
    Last edited by KingHomer; 12-05-18 at 03:54 pm. Reason: spellin'

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHomer View Post
    Assuming the mine on test today matches the one that came live - this is not true.
    Okay I didn't see that 7 coal per cycle at max. level, my bad. And yeah, the geologist skill..
    Let's change it a little bit, I don't need to go to testing.
    I was doing this simple but you want to do this more seriously with guides? Ok.

You can't invest at guides all time, I mean always on for Coal? think about that.

And I'm doing the best time per cycle btw, a real sceneario for mines would be taking 1:40 like average time even more, while recycling would fit 3:36 easily.. 1:24 for mines it's too good to be real but I'm using it anyway (buildings are sold by production time not overall production time, like improved watermills x3 faster when it's not true at all)

Endless Coal Mine - 12500
    > 1:24 > 7 (84s required for 7 coal, So we will be using 72s that is required for 6 coal to compare)
    - (x2.83) faster but (x12.62) expensive.

> With Lucky Geologist (x2 faster, half normal time): (36s)
    - (x5.66) faster but (x12.62) expensive. Still worth for you? I don't think so.

> With Guide(x3) + Lucky spot: (12s)
    - (x17) faster

Recycling Manufactory - 990
    > 3:24 (204s)

(1) Endless Coal Mine in lucky spot can replace 6 (5.66) Manufactory.
    Let's be real, I barely see guildmates buffing his chains, now do you think spending guides on coal mines?

Conclusion: Still not worth the price grrr -.-"
    Last edited by JellyBitz; 12-06-18 at 12:13 am. Reason: valar morghulis

World
    Zeus
    Direct price is not always the only qualifier for whether or not something is worthwhile. Sometimes there's a trade off and paying more buys you something else that needs to be considered.

Having to position 6 recyclers on either side of a storehouse to achieve the optimal 24 second turnaround time is more space intensive than placing 1 endless coal mine optimally in S7 and achieving a 12 second turnaround. I already have a coal mine in this position and at some point may replace it with an endless.

Yeah the price is high, however, I still have some level 6 cokers that require cutters and foresters, so getting rid of a few cokers, I also can lose cutters and foresters which will open up space on my island. Also, taking 6 recyclers up to level 6 is a lot more expensive in grout and granite than taking 1 endless coal mine to 6.

That's what I'll be paying extra for, not just the building itself. That's what gives it it's value.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Yeah the price is high, however, I still have some level 6 cokers that require cutters and foresters, so getting rid of a few cokers, I also can lose cutters and foresters which will open up space on my island. Also, taking 6 recyclers up to level 6 is a lot more expensive in grout and granite than taking 1 endless coal mine to 6..
    I'm not talking about coking plants chain, that's another funny story.

Yes! TOO HIGH. If you are buying this endless coal mine, is to replace coking plants of course! but with recyclers the space won't be a problem since you will be replacing 1 Coking 1 Cutter 1 Forester (buffed chain, replacing three buildings for a new one).

I clearly mentioned 3:36 like AVG on recyclers it's easier than 1:36 AVG on mines. But I see it's 1:12 the best path on mines, however that little difference won't save you! As example your lovely S7 have an average of 1:23 at this 3 mines. (28s-12s-28s)

Anyway paying for 12 recyclers still better than 1 endless coal mine, you will have double production with recyclers at the same price. You can't talk me about upgrading cost, that's not justify the price.

Endless Copper Mines worth his price, there is no other way to mining it!
    You are not paying for space nor production, you are paying for maintenance. Endless Iron Mines it's the same case.
    Last edited by JellyBitz; 12-06-18 at 01:07 pm. Reason: valar morghulis

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyBitz View Post
    But I see it's 1:12 the best path on mines
    Out of curiosity, do Industrial/Endless Coal mines give a better base production speed than regular coal mines? Because my regular coal mines have a production speed of 1m30s before any travel time, so not sure how you are getting a mine down to 1m12.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    Out of curiosity, do Industrial/Endless Coal mines give a better base production speed than regular coal mines? Because my regular coal mines have a production speed of 1m30s before any travel time, so not sure how you are getting a mine down to 1m12.
    Industrial mines are the same times as regular mines. Endless coal mines have a time of 1 minute. If you place them on a deposit found with the Quality Coal Mineshafts skill, that time is cut in half. So it's possible to have an endless coal mine with a time of 42 seconds per cycle.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread