Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas Event 2018

Administrator
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Christmas Event 2018

Dear Settlers,

The Dev Diary for Christmas 2018 was just published and we can't wait to hear your initial impressions and overall feedback.

Thank you,

BB_Odhran

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Two things. First there is an adventure listed in the tree drop tables named as MadHenry. Is this supposed to be Wild Mary, or is there some new adventure that I have not heard of? Second, the new gingerbread storage. In its description, it says 3x3. On test it is only 2x2 same as a standard storehouse. Has it been changed or is this just a typo?

EDIT: Also at the bottom of the dev diary in the deactivation section, it hyperlinks to and 'adventures' page that doesn't exist.

World
    Zeus
    3x3 MUST be a typo. Unless it got changed or something.

Saying 3x3 is "small" must be a joke or something.

3x3 = Barrack and Scouting Post size - Hardly considered small.

According to Wikki:

http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/buil...bread-storage/

It says 2x2

Also- with the new improved floating residence being tradeable. They really should make the OLD ones tradeable. Since the new ones can potentially fill up ALL the water spots and we end up wrecking the old ones.

This is one of the reasons why I have always selected Village Schoolhouse over Floating Islands whenever we were given a choice in the past for Calendar reward doors. I knew there was a limit to the water spots eventually running out or tradeable island buildings.

World
    Zeus
    I'm wondering if the imp-floaters being tradable isn't also a typo. As far as running out of spots for floaters, if you purchase any of the four islands that are available, a few more floater spots open up.

Looking forward to the event!
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    I'm wondering if the imp-floaters being tradable isn't also a typo. As far as running out of spots for floaters, if you purchase any of the four islands that are available, a few more floater spots open up.

Looking forward to the event!
    Probably a typo as the skins are already 'purchasable' in TO but the actual floaters are not. Checking test to see right now...

EDIT: not tradeable on test server, so likely another typo.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Okay so now to some actual feedback: the Gift Christmas Tree. As a level 72 player, I can honestly say that with the exception of may be the buff table, all the white and yellow zone prizes are pretty much worthless to me. Yet as they vastly outnumber the rest, it is apparent that those are all I am likely to see most of the time. I would rather that instead of it being White: level 1+, Yellow: 26+ and Red: 51+, that it should be white for level 1-25, yellow for for 26-50, and red for 51+. That way each player only pulls prizes from their respective zones and has a better chance of getting something that actually has some value to them. There is still an abundance of prizes in each color group to ensure not getting the super high value items too frequently (and deposit refills with such high odds as to ensure that good drops are still fairly rare) that we don't really need to drown out any chance of getting a decent item within our lifetimes just because we levelled up.

World
    Zeus
    Yeah, really hoping the 3x3 gingerbread storage was a typo...On test it was 2x2 and a useful storage building at 50% more than normal SH and no need to upgrade it. If changed to a 3x3, it becomes a large deco that accidentally has half the storage the 33% smaller ISH has.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    *sigh*

Let's just say I'm going to wait on the potential typos and such to shake out before I get my hopes up. Seriously, if you need to hire a Technical and Content Writer to proof your stuff (I'm guessing it's the English translations that are the challenge), I've been doing exactly that for over a decade and I'd be willing to help out.

This year 'looks' like it is a small step up from previous years (the Market and Gift Tree have potential), but until we see how they're actually going to run... Multiple Gift Trees might be nice, if I'm not getting piles of Pinewood Logs or decorations every week. The Market is one of those ideas that probably looked amazing in the idea stage, but too many managers chimed in with "That's too good! Take something away!" until it was a shadow of it's former self. I've worked for a big game company, so I know how that goes.

How many players who are interested in seriously using that even 'have' an 11x11 space for it to function?

After considering Move (other buildings to make space) and Upgrade costs it's likely to be the most expensive building in the game, so far. For the 'total lifetime costs' of running it, methinks it should be a bit better than it currently is. I venture to say that the easiest fix (and repeatedly requested) would be allowing the zone of influence to be dropped anywhere on the player's Island (ie Main Island/Archipelago Islands). Not losing Upgrade levels when putting it back to Star would be another, especially since you can only get Presents three weeks out of the year, and you can't stockpile them for future moves.

Letting it function as a second Mayor's House (ie Storeroom and Collectibles Queue) would be a significant addition to it's value. Having to rearrange your Storehouses (ie carefully demolish, rebuild, reupgrade) to accommodate the new production chain the Market is going to require just adds to the already significant cost.

The new Geologist and Explorer look pretty good. Too bad we're back to a nearly all male slate of characters this year.

Might also want to fix that 'spoiler' tag as well...

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by AstrumLuxLucis View Post
    *sigh*

Let's just say I'm going to wait on the potential typos and such to shake out before I get my hopes up. Seriously, if you need to hire a Technical and Content Writer to proof your stuff (I'm guessing it's the English translations that are the challenge), I've been doing exactly that for over a decade and I'd be willing to help out.

This year 'looks' like it is a small step up from previous years (the Market and Gift Tree have potential), but until we see how they're actually going to run... Multiple Gift Trees might be nice, if I'm not getting piles of Pinewood Logs or decorations every week. The Market is one of those ideas that probably looked amazing in the idea stage, but too many managers chimed in with "That's too good! Take something away!" until it was a shadow of it's former self. I've worked for a big game company, so I know how that goes.

How many players who are interested in seriously using that even 'have' an 11x11 space for it to function?

After considering Move (other buildings to make space) and Upgrade costs it's likely to be the most expensive building in the game, so far. For the 'total lifetime costs' of running it, methinks it should be a bit better than it currently is. I venture to say that the easiest fix (and repeatedly requested) would be allowing the zone of influence to be dropped anywhere on the player's Island (ie Main Island/Archipelago Islands). Not losing Upgrade levels when putting it back to Star would be another, especially since you can only get Presents three weeks out of the year, and you can't stockpile them for future moves.

Letting it function as a second Mayor's House (ie Storeroom and Collectibles Queue) would be a significant addition to it's value. Having to rearrange your Storehouses (ie carefully demolish, rebuild, reupgrade) to accommodate the new production chain the Market is going to require just adds to the already significant cost.

The new Geologist and Explorer look pretty good. Too bad we're back to a nearly all male slate of characters this year.

Might also want to fix that 'spoiler' tag as well...

The xmas market for me anyway will be a must but only if i can get the 9k presents for the full upgrade... all ready have the space in mind thanx to the german server and tested it myself on the test server...it will keep 30 in my case gold smelters permanently buffed with +300 buff

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    The xmas market for me anyway will be a must but only if i can get the 9k presents for the full upgrade... all ready have the space in mind thanx to the german server and tested it myself on the test server...it will keep 30 in my case gold smelters permanently buffed with +300 buff
    Isn't that the key though? It's 'sort of' worth it. Not so much at L1, but really worth it at L4. So you need to get or buy Eleven THOUSAND Presents on top of everything else (another 11k for me to get all the stuff I would like), then your Move vs Star options are severely limited.

I'm guessing they think that they're 'taking the sting out' of getting it now by 'letting' us upgrade it later (or re-upgrade it as the case may be). I think that it should be one or the other - either moving is always free, or it retains its levels when it goes back to Star. As it is, we're being punished both ways. Either pay through the nose to Move it, or lose your upgrades until you can re-buy them next Christmas.

If I'm going to lose the Upgrades, then let me place the Market somewhere (at 3x3 it needs a chunk of space) and drop the Buff anywhere on the Island (not just centred on the Market).

If not, let me keep the Upgrades (that I paid 9,000 presents for and can't get back for a year) when it goes to Star. If this was the case, then the Move costs become an optional/convenience thing, and that's okay.

I'm curious to see how the upgrades will work with multiple Markets. If you get the second (it looks like we can get one from the Quest, and one from Presents), does it automatically reduce Cooldown, regardless of Level? If you put one into Star, does that eliminate the Upgrades on both...or do you have to put both in Star before losing them?

Reply to Thread