Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas Event 2018

World
    Zeus
    I agree that this event does not need to involve presents in non-event adventure loot - puts less pressure on the players during a family-oriented season and is a break from other event formats.

Also really liked the new Imp floater.

The Gift Tree's loot table needs some help. It is ok for the lower levels, but IMHO as the player level increases into the next tier, the previous tier(s) loot table should be closed (so loot a level 15 can receive is never awarded to level 60). This way the tree becomes more than just a deco that accidentally gives weak weekly loot for the higher levels. Also, the loot mechanism is broken for this device. If anything happens in the background (geo or exp sent/returns, collect found, buff is placed, etc) between clicking on the tree and showing the loot window, the window never appears and the player has no idea what the loot was.

The Market was an interesting new add, but personally it will sit in my Star. It's not worth it to me to rearrange my island and storehouses to take reasonable advantage of its mechanic (or to remember to trigger the buff twice a day).

Overall, I enjoyed the event and appreciate the work that went into it. It is not feasible to expect every aspect to be useful to or enjoyed by the entire player-base

Thanks!

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I was gonna write long feedback about my experience from this event, but my browser crushed. So you are lucky and don't have to read my long list of complaints as I don't feel like retyping it all. I used to love previous Christmas events, but that's in the past now. This one was a bust for me

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Overall, I was pleased with the event. I am another one who enjoys the "break" from adventure grinding during an event, so I do not want to see Christmas events start including adventure grinding like the rest of them.

The Advent calendar was generous and enjoyable.

The gift tree is very quirky and does not function well. There's no way for me to know when the next gift arrives. When it does arrive, if i click on the tree a blank box appears but then disappears, so I have no idea what gift I actually received. Clicking on it further gives me the "destroy this building?" pop up. Apparently I missed the opportunity to receive it in the calendar, I'm sure I overlooked it, but that's a shame if I did. But if the interface continues to be dark and mysterious, it won't matter to me anyway, because I have no idea what it is doing.

The Christmas Market is an idea that needs a lot of improvement. I'm curious where this "let's make them collect 2 buildings and upgrade them to perform tasks" mentality came from. The last few events have offered buildings with a similar theme. The problem is, real estate on the islands becomes a critical issue very quickly as players level up. Yes, this is a resource management game and yes, part of the gameplay does involve "do I really need all this stuff?" as part of the management. But I have to spend 11,000 presents to get the building to a functional level, and spend higher level/more costly resources on a regular basis to activate the building. If a player has been playing this game long enough to have real estate challenges to lay it out, plus generate those resources, most, if not the significant majority, are going to need to spend a lot more resources to reorganize their island to accommodate the buildings. I think a significant number of us will deem it not worth the cost/benefit analysis. I was not willing to risk an additional 11k in presents (I barely acquired enough to get the other items I wanted as it was) which I would have needed gems to purchase. The risk was not worth it to me because I do not have my island properly set up for the market, and I was not willing to risk investing resources into island redesign, or risk losing presents because the market would lose its levels if I moved it/tore it down. Last but not least, as a player who balances playing time with other aspects of life, a 12 hour buff after all of that investment, calculation and management? It can't be at least 24 hours? It almost feels like a joke at that point. So no, thanks, I'll stick to relying on Steaks and Red Flying Settlers and other 24hr+ buffs.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Christmas event was good, but not great.

Good: Improved Floating Residence, GB storage.

Needs improvement:
    Presents last year were around 60gc each. This year they were 200gc each. Explorers were the main way to get presents, favoring those with lots of explorers. The Christmas adventures didn't produce many. The achievements didn't produce many. If you're going to offer lots of items for presents, then provide additional ways to get enough presents.

Christmas Market seems like a good idea, but it's too limited and expensive. 100% buff is worthless since I can use Aunt Irmas. And having to place it in the center of what you want buffed is problematic when moving buildings is expensive. And the market is not additive, it does not add onto any existing buff a building has. That would have been nice. It would have been nice to position the buff like you do with Efficient traps. Very expensive to upgrade with no good way to get more presents.

Christmas Tree seems ok but 52 gifts a year that are the equivalent of what you get from doing maybe 10 adventures seems kind of limited.

Recycling Manufactory would have nice if it was tradable. Why not?

Smelter recipe at 100% is useless. I'll use Aunt Irmas. Would be nice if it was additive with an already placed buff.

Versed Geologist is ok. I'll use other Stone Cold for stone and marble, Iron Will for iron. Maybe use Versed for copper and others when my level is high enough.

Maybe have fewer items available for presents, but make them really special. Don't build in so many limitations in using the item.
    A Market where you can place the buff anywhere, and it's additive to whatever buff you already have, would have been special.
    A Xmas tree that delivers an improved building or a Premium day would have been special.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    market is pretty overpowered cycling 30 buildings at 300% infinitely, personal use res or for coins, super awesome building, but daily maintenance. I see some great benefits, but also a possible inflation problems in the future?

newer players need a method to get more presents other than base 3 explorers, as years pass and more items get added, just means more missed opportunities.

You really need to lower the present costs for older items / tradable items, or consider adjustments to certain ones. People in trade offer 2-10x more value than event merchant offers, this event was the worst being limited by no adv, and presents were selling for upward to 14-24k / 100. most past events 3-7k tops.. quite an increase on both the seller and buyer.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

Collectibles

I was please that the collectibles fell reasonably evenly, unlike past events.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Really like the event. that being said, I do have LOTS of explorers. I can see how people with less would find this event less appealing. The floating Imp is awesome as were the window prizes. Inflation hit and gemsresents ratio was expensive as was the present:grout ratio. My biggest complaints are the Christmas tree and Christmas market. The Christmas market...well...others have said it best so the Christmas tree. On one hand, it is nice to have "free" items once a week. But seriously? Some of the things, I have gotten are what two explorers have brought back...I see some of the better items but..... Considering how horrible the drop rates are for pretty much anything in the game, I have absolutely no expectation of ever getting anything good from it. Those two items could have been better. They are just...too mundane and really don't offer anything exciting for a reasonable cost.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Versed geologist is a nice addition to my stable of geologists. Using him for gold searches. I was hoping to move away from =jollies, but that looks like it will have to wait until next year when I have a second one.

The Christmas market is a nice concept. The use of presents to upgrade makes sense, though it caused the complete lack of any presents for sale. Still, even at those exorbitant prices, well worth the cost because of the benefits it provides.

I only got one gift tree because I didn't even realize a second one was on offer. So far doesn't seem worth anything, but I like to have all unique buildings just in case. The first few gifts I have gotten will sit in my star with little chance of being used. Nice to have a random gift once a week, though. Hopefully once in a while I get something worth bothering.

I hadn't even thought of it until someone mentioned it in one of these threads, but yeah, I am getting close to running out of water building locations. Not that I need village schools anymore either since I have 8 of them sitting in my star and usually max population.

I was satisfied with what I got in the end. Everything not tradeable plus two gingerbread storehouses. Unlike the last couple of years, I had to keep going all event to get close to getting everything I wanted.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I think this was one of the better Christmas events. Some great stuff. Just wish it had lasted longer. ; )

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    The Christmas marketplace buff clearly says 5x5 on it, but is only 3x3.

The gift Christmas trees don't actually give ANY gift at all when the gift icon appears and you click it. Or it does but nothing happens and it never tells you anywhere and it's something you can't find in your star menu.

But I honestly don't think you people give a single care about what your players want, proof is in the weeklies and all the good ideas we all gave you that you've chosen to ignore, so really, you should stop even asking for opinions.

Reply to Thread