Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas Event 2018

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I didn't read other comments, so pls excuse me if this is a repeat. A general comment that is applicable to Christmas event as well as weekly challenges etc, I think BB need to get some of their programmers to become (real) players of the game - and by that I mean ppl who are invested in getting to lvl 75, not ppl who "dabble" and maybe reach lvls in the 40's and claim they are serious players. IMO, the "scale/ratio" of cost vs reward is sometimes way off i.e. Christmas market - not a bad idea for a 12hr buff system, but the cost of upgrading it? Preposterous in comparison to what you can use your presents for elsewhere. I left upgrading my market to the very last - because I could afford to buy presents and do some upgrading (but not all the way), many players would have only been able to buy the initial market, if that. My initial thought when I bought it and realised it was 2K presents for just the first upgrade was that I wasted my presents, so I advised fellow players to skip it altogether - to the very last. Weekly challenge? Rubbish! You need to put in a lot of effort to meet the challenge - for what? the same amount of XP that you would get for performing one adventure? And some tokens that allow (slow/torturous) lvling of some pop buildings? Look at your stats, ppl performing weekly challenges has dropped and dropped, hasn't it? Soon they will be like co-ops, almost nobody does it, with the net result that BB wasted precious development resources and money for nothing.

Also, I could use conventional buffs that were a lot cheaper than buying/upgrading the market - so? Probably a flawed idea right from the getgo, serious player input would have veto'd the idea before it got off the drawing board.

BB really need to get some of the game programmers to be full time players (I know, I am repeating myself :-)). I know feedback is supposed to be used and come from the test server, but the flaw with that system is the idea has already been developed and coded by the time it gets to the test server i.e. there is a BIG investment and nobody wants to back away from a big investment. If BB actually had some game programmers who were real players, then (for instance) co-op adventures would never have gotten off the drawing board and so we wouldn't see continual efforts by BB to "encourage/force" us to do co-ops - any serious player would have been able to tell that the original concept was seriously flawed and development time would not have been wasted. Similarly, I fully expect "incentives" to be thrown out sometime in the future to encourage players to do the weekly challenges - although the concept of that isn't bad, it is just the scale of the rewards that create a disincentive, unlike co-ops where it is just downright painful to even think about running.

So do yourself a favour BB, get some developers who actually play the game and things might run a bit smoother - for all of us. Either that or contract some real players and run the ideas/concepts past them before investing in code and development and finding out at the test server that it was a flop.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    +1

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by AThunderBolt View Post
    ... I think BB need to get some of their programmers to become (real) players of the game - and by that I mean ppl who are invested in getting to lvl 75, not ppl who "dabble" and maybe reach lvls in the 40's and claim they are serious players. ...
    Hear, hear!

+1

This is an issue I've seen brought up more than once in my service of TSO.

Reply to Thread