Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas Event 2018

World
    Zeus
    Thanks!
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post

What is the "internal" measurement of a Barrack? and Improved Storehouse? and Water Mill? and that of say a flowerbed.
    its +1 to both numbers. this was explained in detail when the island build space was changed a few years ago.
    no idea what for example dark castle measurement is though
    Mad scientist.

World
    Zeus
    This seems to happen every year ... but the Christmas collectibles are very sparse, again.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriond View Post
    This seems to happen every year ... but the Christmas collectibles are very sparse, again.
    It would be nice if (behind the scenes) every player was assigned a number or letter code (a, b, c, etc) and each code was slotted to get more of a given Collectible.

So I might be an 'a', and you might be a 'b', and someone else (ie one third of players) would be a 'c'. Then the 'a' people get more Candy Canes, the 'b' people get more Gingerbread, and the 'c' people get more Bells.

It forces us to work together, without unbalancing the game.

As it is, it looks like this year Bells are the rare one and Canes are plentiful.

World
    Zeus
    I must be a "C" cause so far Gingerbread is overflowing, Bells are almost nonexistent.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    A day in (no missed spawns) and I don't have 25 of anything yet.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    12 Bells, 18 Gingerbread, 24 Candy Canes,

World
    Zeus
    OK, some feedback on the event so far:

Overall, great. Lots of new stuff and shiny things to choose from and play with.

The Advent Calendar is very generous with good buildings we can choose, free of charge.

Having a Quest that lets us earn a Christmas Market (or a 2nd one for those purchasing one with presents) is also very generous.

The gingerbread storehouses are a creative workaround to the problems of moving a storehouse. I intend to keep at least 1 in my star menu. If I decide I want to rearrange an area and have to bomb an existing storehouse, I can plop my GBSH down somewhere first and not lose storage while I rearrange and rebuild existing storage. So a very useful item.

The improved Floating Residence is beautiful. Nice artwork.

The new Explorer is a nice boost, like picking up 4 more tavern explorers. Thanks!

Christmas Market: I'm actually pretty excited about this thing. It looks like I'll be able to center it amongst all my production buildings that use titanium, salt/gunpowder, & platinum and buff them all with either a X3 or X4 buff as the situation warrants. This is awesomely powerful and frees up those red flying settlers and rainbow snows for other uses.

A complaint: There's a big lack of documentation/understanding of how the Market actually functions. Some of my friends and guildies may end up not getting one because they hesitate to make such a huge present investment in something they don't understand totally and can find no information on. The fact that we're currently locked out of playing with them on test makes it kind of frustrating and furthers peoples reluctance to invest in one. Maybe some comprehensive Dev Notes are in order before too much more time goes by. Making them accessible on test would also help a lot.

So all in all, really good stuff. Please make it easier for people to comprehend how good the Christmas Market is.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    A complaint: There's a big lack of documentation/understanding of how the Market actually functions. Some of my friends and guildies may end up not getting one because they hesitate to make such a huge present investment in something they don't understand totally and can find no information on. The fact that we're currently locked out of playing with them on test makes it kind of frustrating and furthers peoples reluctance to invest in one. Maybe some comprehensive Dev Notes are in order before too much more time goes by. Making them accessible on test would also help a lot.
    A few people in guild had similar questions so I threw together some screenshots from test server and my notes about the behavior into a Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...O1L4e3pYQ/edit (short link https://goo.gl/npGTbj ) Maybe this will help until/if more description is provided.

On last login (today) to the Staging Test server, the Christmas Market was still available for a fish in the Test Environment tab in the Merchant. It is locked to 1 limit so I cannot test how 2 behave. But earlier in this thread we have mention that they do compliment each other:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    They share a cooldown timer and it reduces with each further building. So having two gives it a universal cooldown of 10h30m. (This was confirmed by BBs on the test forums as well as this is how it works on test). For me, this means that I will upgrade one to its fullest and use the other as a battery to speed the cooldown timer thus eliminating the need to upgrade/find a proper place for it at all.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    OK, some feedback on the event so far:

Overall, great. Lots of new stuff and shiny things to choose from and play with.

The Advent Calendar is very generous with good buildings we can choose, free of charge.

Having a Quest that lets us earn a Christmas Market (or a 2nd one for those purchasing one with presents) is also very generous.

The gingerbread storehouses are a creative workaround to the problems of moving a storehouse. I intend to keep at least 1 in my star menu. If I decide I want to rearrange an area and have to bomb an existing storehouse, I can plop my GBSH down somewhere first and not lose storage while I rearrange and rebuild existing storage. So a very useful item.

The improved Floating Residence is beautiful. Nice artwork.

The new Explorer is a nice boost, like picking up 4 more tavern explorers. Thanks!

Christmas Market: I'm actually pretty excited about this thing. It looks like I'll be able to center it amongst all my production buildings that use titanium, salt/gunpowder, & platinum and buff them all with either a X3 or X4 buff as the situation warrants. This is awesomely powerful and frees up those red flying settlers and rainbow snows for other uses.

So all in all, really good stuff. Please make it easier for people to comprehend how good the Christmas Market is.
    I agree...sort of...

The Calendar is at least as good as any previous year, with only one or two real head-scratchers for choices. Christmas Eve is the only real pondering for me, because those are all different, but equally 'good' options over time. Christmas day might be for some who are willing to chance guaranteed Pop for something else. I'll take the Pop.

I like the repeat of the Quest getting us a useful building, with the option to buy (or get both). This was a win at Halloween and I like that it is sticking around.

The new buildings and people are all looking good. Maxed out my Candid's speed to make him more useful. Let's see what he brings back tomorrow.

The Market - really does need clear instructions. Several Guilders are still wondering if even the Quest one is 'worth it'. It really needs a well written Dev Diary with examples, including examples of how it works with one or two, and how it interacts with Building and Zone Buffs.

It's a completely new style of building, so it warrants more than just 'Here is is, good luck!'.

But here's the thing... 24hrs in and my Quests have stalled. I'm waiting on the 'Wait for the 2nd Week' one, and that's tying up the Market one. Slow drops of Collectibles have me idling on the third one.

No Advs dropping Presents means no ongoing activities (Searches don't count, they go out anyways, Event or not).

Seriously folks, it's the biggest Event of the TSO year and I'm sitting here doing the exact same things I was doing last week because I can't do anything that gives me Presents. For a guy who wants to spend at least 22,000 Presents this year, that's annoying.

Reply to Thread