Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas Event 2018

World
    Zeus
    Thanks Kevlaar. Excellent overview!

Given that your screenshot shows "Buildings:1" "Speed:100%", it seems pretty certain that the design is the same as other similar buildings which indicates a 2nd market will cut cooldown in 1/2 as Trialgame has stated.

I guess the only other question I'm hearing is are there any restrictions on what can be buffed by the Market. I know epic workyards aren't buffed by it but I've not heard of any other restrictions so am thinking all production buildings other than epics will work with it.

A question I have: does it act the same as a storehouse in regard to placement/time? In other words, does a building on either side get a 6 second travel time (24 seconds total), offset buildings top and bottom get 8 secconds (32 total) or a straight line up top and bottom 10 seconds (40 total).
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Ares
    It can buff any building that can be buffed with a steak (so no epic workyards). No, it does not act as a storehouse unfortunately (despite much feedback asking for that). Its buffs are just regular buffs, not zone buffs, so any building in its area that has a still active buff will not be buffed by it a second time. The cooldown is indeed 10h30m with 2 but the buff lasts 12 hours so no waiting if you want to just use one over and over. You can activate the buff on the second one after the 10.5 hours if you wish, to have both going for the 1.5h overlap, but when the first expires you would then have to wait 9 more hours to re-establish it.

(Note that these behaviors are from test and while it looks like nothing has been changed, that doesn't mean it couldn't have been)

World
    Zeus
    So apparently the following is true about the Christmas Market: (Please correct me if I am wrong about anything...)

Building Size: 2 x 2 (normal building size)

The "Bonus Buff" Does Not Add and also will not override existing buffage -- even if it is a lower % buff...

The Christmas Market can be moved for a moving cost that varies with upgraded level.

At Upgrade Level 4 the Christmas Market's +300% buff area will cover an area that can encompass a radius of 2 adjacent normal size 2 x 2 buildings.

See detailed information & Buffs Distance Graphic here: [ http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/buil...istmas-market/ ]

Having a fully upgraded Christmas Market building can provide continuous +300% buffage (e.g Zombie, Stadium Snack, Rainbow Snow, etc.) for effected buildings (see above post by Trialgame...)

For players that have a set schedule and can regularly log in to activate the buff on time this building will be useful.

For players that have a variable schedule and cannot regularly log in on time to reapply the buff this building will be less useful than having a buffing partner in-game (this may be especially true for buildings that are important enough for higher percentage bonus buffs up to and including Stadium Snack, Rainbow Snow, etc. in order to maintain continuous production buffage...)

World
    Ares
    The collectible drop rate seems low this time.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post
    Having two fully upgraded Christmas Market buildings can provide continuous +300% buffage (e.g Zombie, Stadium Snack, Rainbow Snow, etc.) for effected buildings (see above post by Trialgame...)
    Not Quite. There is absolutely zero value to upgrading the second one. Doing so would imply you intend to use both functionally, however since the cooldown is shared, you would only be alternating between the two. That means area A would be buffed for 12 hours and then unbuffed for a minimum of 9 hours while the counter cools down from using the buff in area B. Then area B would be unbuffed while it counts down from the use in A. That would mean either leaving each area unbuffed for awhile each day or using other buffs from star to fill the gap. Neither is a good choice.

Instead only upgrade one to level 4 and stick the second off in a corner somewhere. The second one will just be a speed booster to cut the timer in half, allowing you to set off the next buff every time the first one wears off in the area you actually want buffed. (Area A every 12 hours)

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    Not Quite. There is absolutely zero value to upgrading the second one. Doing so would imply you intend to use both functionally, however since the cooldown is shared, you would only be alternating between the two. That means area A would be buffed for 12 hours and then unbuffed for a minimum of 9 hours while the counter cools down from using the buff in area B. Then area B would be unbuffed while it counts down from the use in A. That would mean either leaving each area unbuffed for awhile each day or using other buffs from star to fill the gap. Neither is a good choice.

Instead only upgrade one to level 4 and stick the second off in a corner somewhere. The second one will just be a speed booster to cut the timer in half, allowing you to set off the next buff every time the first one wears off in the area you actually want buffed. (Area A every 12 hours)
    It 'might' make sense if you had many buildings you wanted Buffed and two levels of importance. I know I have a pile of Elite Buildings that I only run periodically, but some lower level ones I would run Buffed all the time. If I were getting and upgrading both, I would put my 'always on' ones around one CMarket and run them nearly 24/7. Then when I need the Elite Chain run, I would be willing to let the regular one sleep for a day or two in order to get the blanket Buff on my Elites.

Might only really make sense for the L60+ players who have the investment in the game, but there is a use for it.

World
    Zeus
    Thank you... I edited my post to reflect this

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    No, it does not act as a storehouse unfortunately (despite much feedback asking for that).

(Note that these behaviors are from test and while it looks like nothing has been changed, that doesn't mean it couldn't have been)
    I understand it doesn't act as a storehouse as far as increased storage. But what about in regards to building placement? Is a building placed on either side going to have a 24 second turnaround? Or is it going to have to go to a storehouse somewhere and get an elongated turnaround time as a result?

I already plan to work a storehouse into the setup farthest away from the market, but am wondering about the area directy surrounding the market and how that's going to work.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    I understand it doesn't act as a storehouse as far as increased storage. But what about in regards to building placement? Is a building placed on either side going to have a 24 second turnaround? Or is it going to have to go to a storehouse somewhere and get an elongated turnaround time as a result?

I already plan to work a storehouse into the setup farthest away from the market, but am wondering about the area directy surrounding the market and how that's going to work.
    No storehouse functionality whatsoever. You will still need to have an actual storehouse nearby for drop-off points.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    [Excerpt from the Gift Christmas Tree:]

The gifts you receive will be adapted according to your player level, to ensure you can use all your presents. For example, level 26 players will not receive adventures for players of level 36 and higher. (Level ranges: 1-25, 26-35, 36-50, 51-75)

Received my first gift and it is a Witch of the Swamp . While technically usable, it is in fact useless to me. Could we fix it so that we don't get the stuff that is outside our level range (above and below) instead of just above. The tree is a great idea and a nice prize for the event, but if we get too bogged down by the lower stuff the we level past the need for, I fear that this item will also become useless and be relegated to the star menu.

Reply to Thread