Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas Event 2018

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    We get a Christmas Market for completing the quest Spreading the Christmas Message. With 2 the cooldown is cut in half, making it 10-1/2 hours to recover. For people who log on twice a day, morning and evening, it's possible to keep the 12 hour buffs running pretty much continually.

The resource cost of the buffs is minimal compared to the effect. Being able to buff 18 or 20 buildings X4 for 500 gold bars and 500 exotic wood planks is cheap. It would be impossible to buff 18 to 20 buildings with rainbow snows or stadium snacks on a continual basis for the same cost.

It can be moved, so unlike a storehouse, there's no need to tear it down, ever. I agree that that part of it is hinky, but if you don't tear it down, you don't lose anything. How often does anyone tear down a lvl 5 or 6 improved storehouse? Rarely I'd guess.

If someone's been playing the game for a long time and has invested in every explorer and scout available, it's possible to get the market, upgrade it fully, and still get a few other things that they want.
    meh

too much work.

11k presents at the current market price means more then 2 mil coins. With 2 mil coins I can buy a lot of rainbows and use them once at every 4 days, without getting headaches to be on and keep an eye on the darn buff at every 12 hours. I have problems to keep the epic workyards buffed (soups, 12-13 hours dropped by friends/guildies, that's why i can compare), i keep forgetting to buff them, so, high chances that i will forget the market too.

Plus the logistic to reorganize parts of my island for efficiency... more costs, moving lvl 6 buildings is not cheap.

Oh, and it may looks cheap to use it, but 500 gold bars at every 12 hours means the gold smelters have to work, and that means the gold mines have to work...and buff them, of course. And more coal consumption too, which, with forge in the picture, is not something to disregard.

All for a 12 hours buff? meh

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ghannima View Post
    meh

too much work.

11k presents at the current market price means more then 2 mil coins. With 2 mil coins I can buy a lot of rainbows and use them once at every 4 days, without getting headaches to be on and keep an eye on the darn buff at every 12 hours. I have problems to keep the epic workyards buffed (soups, 12-13 hours dropped by friends/guildies, that's why i can compare), i keep forgetting to buff them, so, high chances that i will forget the market too.

Plus the logistic to reorganize parts of my island for efficiency... more costs, moving lvl 6 buildings is not cheap.

Oh, and it may looks cheap to use it, but 500 gold bars at every 12 hours means the gold smelters have to work, and that means the gold mines have to work...and buff them, of course. And more coal consumption too, which, with forge in the picture, is not something to disregard.

It's clearly intended as a reward for the very active players at L3/L4. For the ones on regularly, it's certainly something to consider.

For casual players, not so much...or at least not beyond L1/L2. They can get it and have a nice Buff at L2 when they need it.

World
    Zeus
    meh

too much work.
    I get it, not everybody thinks it's a good investment.

I'm not using coins, just my explorers. But I get it, not everybody used gems to buy explorers so they can rake in the presents like somebody who purchased all available explorers. And not everybody logs on twice a day or remembers to place buffs on a regular basis.

Well, since it's not real gold I'm spending on the reorganization, it's no big deal to me. As far as the gold bars, I set up my gold chain to have 4 lvl6 coinages and 4 lvl6 smelters, all run with snows. This produces enough extra bars that I shut the smelters off about half the time and let coal and ore build back up. So the cost of using these buffs is already covered in how my island runs anyways.

The other cost mitigating factor is I won't be using the 300% buffs all the time. If the grid works the way I hope it does, the 200% buff will always be a 9x9 grid, and the 300% buff will be an 11x11 grid. Which means I can put all my buildings I only ever run occasionally with snows or snacks along the edges so they only get buffed when I actually use the 300% buff. The rest of the time I'll be paying meat and paper for buffs. Something else that I produce a surplus of.

If it was "all this" for a 12 hour buff on a single building it certainly wouldn't be worth it. However, I'll be buffing up to 19 buildings at once, twice a day using surplus resources I already produce. I get that not everybody wants to deal with this latest invention of BB's, but I also get that some people see the potential. I wish BB would have made that part a lot clearer in the Dev Diary.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Overall, I am fine with the event, and like the Merchant offerings, mostly very attractive items.

Feedback on Store Christmas Adventures...I have never been awarded presents from these. They cost 95 gems each. At a minimum, we should receive 30 presents-guaranteed, close to the small present package at 90 gems. The odds are simply too harsh, and I won't buy these adventures any more.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Anyone else finding the 20% chance that explorers will return with more presents is a LOT less than 20%.
    I have 13 Savage scouts that return at the same time. Law of averages say that (13 * .20 = 2.6) two or three scouts will return with extra presents.
    Over the last 10 batches of scouts, it is averaging more like 5%.

PLEASE CHECK THIS. I BELIEVE IT'S NOT WORKING CORRECTLY. IT'S NOT 20%!!!!!
    Thank you.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    20% is wiki info not official BB info. In reality it might be 10% or maybe it was 20% last year and is 5% this year. We dont know.
    In my experience it is slightly below 10%.
    Mad scientist.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Not sure this has been asked but for the gift tree. What are the weekly gifts that are available? Does anyone know? I mean if it is %90 chance of a fish platter, I will not worry about but if it is something more substantial...maybe 100-200 of various ores refill, that would be considered. Just do not want to waste presents for something that sounds cool but in reality is pretty weak.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Never mind. I found what, I was looking for. I really wish this info was more consolidated with the rest of the event info. http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/buil...hristmas-tree/

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Beel78 View Post
    Never mind. I found what, I was looking for. I really wish this info was more consolidated with the rest of the event info. http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/buil...hristmas-tree/
    It is in the dev diary.

World
    Zeus
    Okay so the Gingerbread Storehouse. Good News is it DOES serve as a drop off point. Functions exactly like a storehouse.
    BAD news is its suppose to be moveable - it is NOT moveable.

You have to wreck it and then place it again. Luckily the rebuild is free (no upgrades) and fairly quick to rebuild.

But that's not all: the Gingerbread Storage is also part of the Calendar - this is a 3x3 size building, but don't let its small stature fool you: it has a capacity of 18,000! While it can't be upgraded, it does make it a perfect candidate for a storehouse you can move around very easily!
    Dev Diary really needs better proofing and less misleading. Saying it can be moved around very easily. = Move Tool does NOT work on it. If you want to move it around you have to wreck it and rebuild it.

Reply to Thread