Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas Event 2018

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Improvement for the Christmas Market has the cost of this building upgrade is ...
    It should follow the same rule has the Epic yard buildings when destroyed it will keep the upgrades.
    Since Present cannot be kept for next christmas it make this upgrade extremely costly and having a time constraint to actually find the right and appropriate location.

I do feel like the upgrade for this building should be kept after you destroy it (Move it to star) like other really expensive upgraded building (Epic Yard) I am not counting pop token has those are costly and you lose the upgrade it should keep them and only lose the upgrade if you actually trade the building.

Building like Christmas Market should keep the upgraded functionality after it has been moved to star.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    agreed

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I was thinking unlocks as well. If it must be upgraded using presents, which is fine, why make it so you can't rebuild it again until December? Hopefully the new confirmation is actually effective, but I regularly destroy buildings without confirming their destruction. I confirm a destruction, but not the one that happens.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    I understand it doesn't act as a storehouse as far as increased storage. But what about in regards to building placement? Is a building placed on either side going to have a 24 second turnaround? Or is it going to have to go to a storehouse somewhere and get an elongated turnaround time as a result?

I already plan to work a storehouse into the setup farthest away from the market, but am wondering about the area directy surrounding the market and how that's going to work.
    Added a screenshot on page 4 of by doc (https://goo.gl/npGTbj) to illustrate the pathing. As Trialgame indicated, the Market is ignored by the production walk.

GSoldier
    The Christmas Event this year is disappointing to me and I have been at this game for quite a while. The lack of ways to get presents has pushed the greed button in many. And by lack of ways, I mean having in essence to buy gems in order to acquire large amounts or spending an excessive amount of gold coins to acquire limited amounts of presents. The greed seems to be on both parts this year, players and developers. With adventures giving none, it will make it much more difficult to get what you want from the shop. The Halloween Event was much better. I hope for 2019 they find some kind of a balance.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    so let me get this straight. The Christmas Market buffs the buildings around it for 12 hours and takes 21 hours to recover.
    It costs 10,995 presents (1,995 + 9,000 to upgrade). It cost resources to run it.
    It doesn't work on epic yards or buildings that are already buffed.
    And if you tear it down you lose all the upgrades and have to wait til next Christmas to upgrade it with presents again.
    Really?

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliNel View Post
    so let me get this straight. The Christmas Market buffs the buildings around it for 12 hours and takes 21 hours to recover.
    It costs 10,995 presents (1,995 + 9,000 to upgrade). It cost resources to run it.
    It doesn't work on epic yards or buildings that are already buffed.
    And if you tear it down you lose all the upgrades and have to wait til next Christmas to upgrade it with presents again.
    Really?
    We get a Christmas Market for completing the quest Spreading the Christmas Message. With 2 the cooldown is cut in half, making it 10-1/2 hours to recover. For people who log on twice a day, morning and evening, it's possible to keep the 12 hour buffs running pretty much continually.

The resource cost of the buffs is minimal compared to the effect. Being able to buff 18 or 20 buildings X4 for 500 gold bars and 500 exotic wood planks is cheap. It would be impossible to buff 18 to 20 buildings with rainbow snows or stadium snacks on a continual basis for the same cost.

It can be moved, so unlike a storehouse, there's no need to tear it down, ever. I agree that that part of it is hinky, but if you don't tear it down, you don't lose anything. How often does anyone tear down a lvl 5 or 6 improved storehouse? Rarely I'd guess.

If someone's been playing the game for a long time and has invested in every explorer and scout available, it's possible to get the market, upgrade it fully, and still get a few other things that they want.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    ...and let's be fair, BB is likely to let you Upgrade the Market again...for Gems.

We're 3-4 days in and I have the Explorer and the Geo already. Tomorrow I'll be deciding on the first Market or Gift Tree. That Dec 24th Calendar window is annoying me with its choices.

I'll admit I didn't think I would see this many Presents this fast (3750-ish, and yes I've been playing long enough to have a pile of Explorers running Prolonged Searches), but we'll see how it slows down once the first rush of Quests and Achievements is over.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    There's so many things to spend presents on this year that I doubt I'll be able to get everything, though almost. That's a nice change of pace from the last couple of years when the need for event resources was over within a few days. And although the present crunch will be felt, I like the easy flow of the event instead of the only way being to knock yourself out doing adventures like Easter and Halloween.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I admit, I am a bit worn out from the non stop events and challenges, I am happy to just send explorers for presents. But I do have a lot of them, playing for years.

Reply to Thread