Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas Event 2018

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I went broke trying to get all the presents I needed and I have lots of explorers. That being said, I am happy with what I got. I upgraded the market instead of getting the GB houses, there was just no way to get them too. I upgraded my market to lvl 4 and I am very pleased, I was struggling to keep up with resources since the weeklies were introduced. The tree presents at my level are meh. I don't want to run adventures for presents, but if there was another way to get them it would be good. Or otherwise, don't offer soooo many things to get in merchant

World
    Zeus
    I think it would have been better that if you are going to have players spend "gems" to purchase Christmas related adventures in the shop, then upon completion of said purchased adventures the player should receive Christmas presents as part of the rewards, not have a "chance" at receiving presents. I purchased one of each adventure & received NO PRESENTS as part of the rewards of either & I made sure I told everyone I could that it was a ripoff & not to waste their gems on them.

Soldier
    a hobbit tunnel in the ground under a big tree in help chat
    World
    Zeus
    I, like many others, really enjoy christmas with the many free gifts we get. another 2 recyclers and so forth. the only thing is.. okay a list of things. We need more demolition people. really we do. And everyone i've talked to wants a improved noble that you can buy and bring up in the normal way. not something with a huge footprint either. Also the limited sale of buildings was fantastic!! One bug, I forget which one does which. But right now I can make manuscripts two ways, the bookbinder and the rph. One dumps it books in star and one in mayors!!! I had to autocomplete a couple to make sure.Oh and that fancy buff that I call 'fourth of july' is really festival something? We need to be able to by them in black market. Badly. The night time is cute too, I'm not sure if we can buy it or not but it goes well with the fourth of july! Also one bug never been fixed.. we can name our generals and we can see that name looking for them, and at the adventure island. But when I choose which generals to send over, I can not see their names! I can see type, but that is it. Anyway otherwise it was lovely. By coincidence I got the manuscript recipe during the event!! Last thing, its not really christmas, but we need more ability to get grout. I have buildings and buildings awaiting the grout. All in all though it was a very enjoyable event.
    ======================

Verdaeni

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis69 View Post
    I went broke trying to get all the presents I needed and I have lots of explorers. That being said, I am happy with what I got. I upgraded the market instead of getting the GB houses, there was just no way to get them too. I upgraded my market to lvl 4 and I am very pleased, I was struggling to keep up with resources since the weeklies were introduced. The tree presents at my level are meh. I don't want to run adventures for presents, but if there was another way to get them it would be good. Or otherwise, don't offer soooo many things to get in merchant
    You may not want them to offer things in the merchant - however i appreciate the fact they offered many items - as i didn't care at all for the market. I had enough presents to get everything i deemed worthy in the merchant, and still had leftovers to give to my guild.

Different ways of playing, i dont care to be online 2 times a day with 12 hours apart to buff a stupid buff - you do

Thank you for the option of doing something else with my presents than a stupid buff building.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I saw the event as easy for higher level players but very difficult for low level players. i didn't like that adventures didn't drop presents. i also thought it was very weak that we didn't get a nice prize for opening all advent doors. my first year of playing we got a gold tower for opening all advent doors. that was wonderful. since then the prizes for opening all advent doors have gone downhill and this year was the worst with nothing. the prizes weren't bad that we could buy with presents. overall it was a good event for those higher level players. thanks for the work.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Event was ok, was difficult to get everything i wanted, and I was unable to upgrade the market even at my level (71). Seemed as though they were just trying to get us to spend gems. Was not a good event for lower levels or non-gem players. And like Dart said, the lack of final prized for the calendar sucks.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Thank you all for the feedback! It truly does help us with future events and planning everything.

-BB_Odhran

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartanion111 View Post
    I saw the event as easy for higher level players but very difficult for low level players. i didn't like that adventures didn't drop presents. i also thought it was very weak that we didn't get a nice prize for opening all advent doors. my first year of playing we got a gold tower for opening all advent doors. that was wonderful. since then the prizes for opening all advent doors have gone downhill and this year was the worst with nothing. the prizes weren't bad that we could buy with presents. overall it was a good event for those higher level players. thanks for the work.
    BB moved the final prizes on Christmas days, 24 and 25 December, on players request, to have more time to click it.
    On previous Christmas events we were getting a prize on Christmas day and another on final day. Now we get same 2 prizes on 24 and 25 December. Same thing.

World
    Zeus

Moving final prize to 24/25 - Great idea. Felt like actually getting Xmas Gifts that day virtually.

Nice new explorer! Though - I wish the skin/portrait was more Xmas themed like Santa or an Elf bringing back presents. Please have a Santa or Elf Explorer next year. Thanks.

New Geo. I love it. The 50% more deposit is great. I gemmed to get refunds on my books and placed it on the new geo to stack the 8% bigger deposit with the 50% deposit and he's now my go-to geo for everything but stones and iron.

Xmas Gifting Tree - This needs tons of work - as I have already posted in the technical bug report about the lack of visible indication of the gifts. Please have our gifts be mailed to us so we know what we got. It feels like we got robbed or cheated when the bug of no display or appearance of nothing happened when clicking on them. ALSO- please add in a timer counting down when we can expect our next gift. Possibly just rework the interface when clicking on it.

Xmas Market - Really love it. 300% buff.

Skins - we should be given a "try" it for free for 1 hour skin or 1 fish for each skin type for a very short 1 hour test. So we can decide if we want to spend money on the skins. Some of the holiday skins were not available on the test server after the testing was over so I was not able to see what the Skin looks like for the Mayor's house. I ended up just buying the skins for the residences. I really liked the medium xmas themed residence. It was nice.

I enjoyed the Buffing Adventures with making stuff and applying to the houses, it felt like I was santa and going house to house and deciding which house gets what gifts.

I like the fact that regular (non-holiday one) adventures don't give presents and only explorers. This was a really nice relaxing change of pace because grinding for adventures during the holiday would be no fun. buff adventures was fun though.

As a discussion. I think removing presents from regular adventures is a good idea, mainly because this creates acquiring presents finite. Explorers is the only means of getting presents and collectibles on the island to make are finite - which is fair. It encourage players to trade. And it encourages players to BUY gems to purchase if they want to increase presents count to pour into the economy. Or encourages players to buy more explorers. How else will BB make money during the holidays right? It rewards long time players who have a large collection of explorers - and I think this is fair.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdaeni View Post
    I, like many others, really enjoy christmas with the many free gifts we get. another 2 recyclers and so forth. the only thing is.. okay a list of things. We need more demolition people. really we do. And everyone i've talked to wants a improved noble that you can buy and bring up in the normal way. not something with a huge footprint either. Also the limited sale of buildings was fantastic!! One bug, I forget which one does which. But right now I can make manuscripts two ways, the bookbinder and the rph. One dumps it books in star and one in mayors!!! I had to autocomplete a couple to make sure.Oh and that fancy buff that I call 'fourth of july' is really festival something? We need to be able to by them in black market. Badly. The night time is cute too, I'm not sure if we can buy it or not but it goes well with the fourth of july! Also one bug never been fixed.. we can name our generals and we can see that name looking for them, and at the adventure island. But when I choose which generals to send over, I can not see their names! I can see type, but that is it. Anyway otherwise it was lovely. By coincidence I got the manuscript recipe during the event!! Last thing, its not really christmas, but we need more ability to get grout. I have buildings and buildings awaiting the grout. All in all though it was a very enjoyable event.
    I agree with needing more demolition. There are some rocks/mountains that I wish to remove because I picked the wrong ones to destroy. Certain mountains give better island space.

Reply to Thread