Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun Discussion for Xmas Market

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Looking at the map, I'd need to do a complete reconstruction of an area to utilize this ... including finding new spots for Magnificent Residences and a lvl 6 Improved Storehouse.

World
    Zeus
    Woo Hoo!! Got my market to level 4!

Here's what it looks like in S4 with the 9x9 grid/200% buff placement. With the current setup the 9x9 will buff 12 buildings for 12 hours at a cost of 500 intermediate paper & 500 sausages. The level numbers in blue above the buildings indicate they will be buffed. The expert and elite buildings that are touched by the grid along the bottom and top rows but do not have the blue level numbers will not be buffed. This is exactly what I wanted to happen. I want to only run those expert & elite buildings with a 300% buff.

Here's what the 11x11 grid looks like. It will buff 20 buildings at 300% for 12 hours at a cost of 500 gold bars and 500 EWP. In the past I ran my gold chain and my expert & elite weapons in a rotation because I don't get enough rainbow snow buffs to run everything all the time. Now, my gold chain can run continuously using snows along with my expert & elite weapons using the market. Excess gold bar production easily covers the 300% market buffs and still leaves a surplus. I was looking for some way to use up excess EWP anyway, so it may as well be these buffs. When/if I decide I don't need to run the bottom and top rows of buildings for a while, I can revert to the 9x9 200% buff which will cover my Platinum weapons chain. I'm going to have to alternate between cannons and mortars with only 1 powder hut, but I'll figure that out eventually, or simply just continue to alternate.

S4 has always been my industrial sector, which is why I've chosen this spot. While I may not be using every available square in the grid; this setup was the least disruptive of my island and I'm buffing everything that I wanted to be buffing with the Christmas Market. Here's what S4 looks like with the 11x11 300% buff going.

"Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I like all the sharing of where to place the market!

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    Okay. So I did find a good spot in the top right area of the main island that can give 30 spots. And you're only losing 1 building spot. This means the Market will take up only 4x2 field space (so basically no need for a full moat that normally loses 3 spots.) It only shifts over 1 spot. End result will encompass 30 buildings. One of the building that will be buffed is going to be a gold mine though.

I'll post an image when I rearrange my buildings since there are a bunch of improved storehouses right now that I'm having to recover the space for first before my rearrangements.

NOTE: rocks and mountains need to be demolished though. So if you didn't spend your explosives, then this spot will not work for you.

If you don't use the gold mine, and do the moat configuration, you can still get 30 buildings but lose 2 building spots.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    someone please explain about the cool down??? I don't have a market yet, but looks like cool down is 21 hours, and buffs only last 12 hours, meaning it's not possible to keep a buff running 24/7. Is this correct?? And if so, what would be the point of a second market? You could never have both markets buffed at the same time.....

Hopefully, I'm missing something

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    The only use for the second market is it reduces the cooldown in half, thus allowing you to keep the buff running on the other one 24/7.

World
    Zeus
    Yea- the second one isn't that useful. I suppose you could 'alternate another set of 25-30 buildings with it but the first market won't be able to buff the zone its covering.

Now next year - if they give us 2 more markets, its possible to run 2 zones at the same time and maintain uptime for both.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    Okay. So I did find a good spot in the top right area of the main island that can give 30 spots. And you're only losing 1 building spot. This means the Market will take up only 4x2 field space (so basically no need for a full moat that normally loses 3 spots.) It only shifts over 1 spot. End result will encompass 30 buildings. One of the building that will be buffed is going to be a gold mine though.

I'll post an image when I rearrange my buildings since there are a bunch of improved storehouses right now that I'm having to recover the space for first before my rearrangements.

NOTE: rocks and mountains need to be demolished though. So if you didn't spend your explosives, then this spot will not work for you.

If you don't use the gold mine, and do the moat configuration, you can still get 30 buildings but lose 2 building spots.
    Hi do you have a screen of your area as it sounds better then i currently use

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    Hi do you have a screen of your area as it sounds better then i currently use

30 Buildings are being buffed above. 1 is a Goldmine.

World
    Zeus
    Wow. I have to admit, I really like this 30 buildings buff thing with 300% (rainbow like effect) with just a click of a button. Having to apply 30 buffs is just annoying.

Reply to Thread