Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fun Discussion for Xmas Market

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    That's an area I was potentially looking at as well. Was considering whether it would be worth the effort to buff some gold mines. Still waiting for the presents for that last upgrade.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    That's an area I was potentially looking at as well. Was considering whether it would be worth the effort to buff some gold mines. Still waiting for the presents for that last upgrade.
    Remember that you need to bomb some mountains for that space.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    Wow. I have to admit, I really like this 30 buildings buff thing with 300% (rainbow like effect) with just a click of a button. Having to apply 30 buffs is just annoying.
    IKR?!? I'm only getting 20 due to my choice of placement but still....... 20 300% buffs, one click, cheap...... gotta love it. Will be glad when I have the 2nd market and can use the buffs continually. Did some minor tweaking and moved out the cannon and mortars, replacing them with advanced paper and ornamentalsmith. I'm liking this market a lot.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

LoLex
    Well.. I am a bit disappointed with Xmas market, looks like if you have 2 you can only use one of them for buffing, the other one only reduce cooldown. Look like all share the cooldown. And I've upgraded both of them.. what a mistake.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I ended up mirroring what RonEmpire did. Thanks for the idea and pics. Could only fit 29 rather than 30 but satisfied with the result. Doesn't look like it's possible to include gold mines unless you sacrifice a lot of spaces, so that's a nice bonus to have one with such good placement. It also didn't require much reorganization effort.

Unfortunately, this won't save me on buffing any time soon. I'm still doing the 50 grilled steak per day thing until I run out of beans, so I'll have to find something else to buff.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLex View Post
    Well.. I am a bit disappointed with Xmas market, looks like if you have 2 you can only use one of them for buffing, the other one only reduce cooldown. Look like all share the cooldown. And I've upgraded both of them.. what a mistake.
    not a complete waste. wait til next year and when you get 2 more xmas market. you can use 1 every 6 hours thus you can have 2 running.

but yea- a waste though this year.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    I ended up mirroring what RonEmpire did. Thanks for the idea and pics. Could only fit 29 rather than 30 but satisfied with the result. Doesn't look like it's possible to include gold mines unless you sacrifice a lot of spaces, so that's a nice bonus to have one with such good placement. It also didn't require much reorganization effort.

Unfortunately, this won't save me on buffing any time soon. I'm still doing the 50 grilled steak per day thing until I run out of beans, so I'll have to find something else to buff.

there is an arrangement where you can get 30 buffs but you will need to move it over taking up 2 building spots more. BUT instead of the fiary you can squeeze one more building but shifting the other building down. notice how in my arrangement there's 2 buildings that are 3x2 so if the market shifts over one more then you can shift another building to buy back 1 spot. thus you will only lose 2 spots total to get 30 buffs. it won't encompass the gold mine though. if you want the gold mine you will have to stick to 29 buildings. one of my building is sitting on a tricked out grass.

World
    Zeus
    Here's the alternate layout for 30 buffs.

All the water mill + the brewery are 30 buildings. it's compact as possible make use of all the space so you don't lose too many building spots.

The Xmas Market goes where the Haunted Mansion goes.

Since this is from the test server ( I couldn't buy a market )

This layout is pretty much a 30 building coverage as mine except in my layout I had 1 grass tricked building.

So technically those who don't have a grass tricked building you're not really losing any space at all with the shift. because you can shift 2 buildings from the upper right area down to regain 2 spots.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    i have seen a lot of maps, but most do not incorporate storehouse placement.
    What good is the buff if the the buildings have horrible travel times?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Yeah, I dropped a storehouse somewhere in the middle because the efficiency freak in me didn't like seeing those minute plus walk times, while also dropping one on each of the four sides. For each storehouse you use in the buff area, you need to boost production by 3.5-4% as a result of it. I don't think you'll make that sacrifice up. Still, I wanted to at least make all the walk times reasonable with one. In any case, worth the lost efficiency for cheap 4x buffs.

Reply to Thread