Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun Discussion for Xmas Market

World
    Zeus

Fun Discussion for Xmas Market

Given that the market can buff 11x11 (radius must be some internal grid calculation and not green field tiles).

WHERE on the island would this building be placed - that would give the MOST coverage.?

And How many buildings could technically receive the buff based on the location.

I think there are only 2 or maybe 3 possible location that would maximize this building less one building short.

(from what I can tell, 9x9 and 11x11 doesn't make any difference. it only makes a difference for outer most layout that have buildings not aligned perfectly with the market) Total Number of Buffed buildings between a 9x9 and 11x11 are the same no matter how you set it up.

World
    Zeus
    I think 26 buildings is the most you can probably get buff coverage.

World
    Zeus
    I've put mine in S4. Since 6 platinum smelters, 3 platinum swords, and 3 titanium based buildings were already located in S4, it was cheapest (and easiest) to move the rest of the buildings here.

While it's not the max number of buildings it can potentially buff, it's all I need/want to be buffed, at least for now. I might decide to relocate everything some other time but for now, getting all my platinum, titanium and salt/gunpowder related production grouped together (19 buildings in all) is satisfactory. Plus it picks up a copper mine, maybe a 2nd one at the final level for a total of 20 or 21 buildings buffed.

Still working on getting it upgraded, currently about 150 presents shy of the 2nd upgrade. Once all the upgrades are done and I've finalized building placements I'll get a screen shot.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    While 30 is probably optimal in that picture he presented, - the problem is it takes away about 6 building spots so you're trading buffs spot for building spots which at the end of the day is worst.

I wish the test server would let us buy the Xmas market so we can test it.

It's currently locked out from purchase.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Alternates to the 30 spot location:

(Credit to Echos for the base map, I just added the location identifiers for markets)

Also, 9x9 gives a max of 5 buildings by 5 buildings clustered tightly around the market for a total of 24. 11x11 allows you to push them out 1 more and make it 6 buildings by 6 buildings with a sort of moat around the market to keep it centered taking up 4 spots making the max 32 spots.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I like that 26 spot in sector 6/9. It would take hardly any effort for me to prepare that, as I have hardly any production there now, mostly population buildings. Not sure about the 30. I'll see if my farms can move to the 26 spot instead. Should be simple enough and neither particularly costly to rearrange. I don't actually have 30 buildings in mind I want to buff, though.

World
    Zeus
    I didn't have the patience to wait for my scouts to get all the presents needed for upgrades. Sold some stuff on TO to get the 2nd upgrade done and my wife loaned me 3,300 for the final upgrade. Will finish late tonight. Eager to see how the 11x11 works out with my placements.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I have mine and fully upgraded it so its covering 30 gold smelters so basically will have a rainbow buff on it permanently once i get the quest one together with a bucket of sweets its pumping out nicely

World
    Zeus
    very interesting spots suggested here.

though a lot of these you're giving up at least 3 building spots in some cases 5-6 just to squeeze in the extra buff.

I suppose if you're running the buff full time, it might be worth it in saving resources. But if you're not always running it 24/7. the extra 6 spots sort of make up for the 3x buff.

Reply to Thread