Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fun Discussion for Xmas Market

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliNel View Post
    i have seen a lot of maps, but most do not incorporate storehouse placement.
    What good is the buff if the the buildings have horrible travel times?
    That is why you stick buildings with high production times in the inner ring and storehouses outside the buff zone. The outer buildings will be right by the storehouses and the inner ones will have a slightly longer walk, but an extra 10-20 seconds means nothing to a building with a 20-30 minute production time. Alternatively if you want all fast buildings, a storehouse placed at the corners of the market allows for what is essentially 4 honeycomb placements for fast delivery times for all.

World
    Zeus
    Considering the 300% buff, people are complaining about travel time? You can put all the store houses on the edges of the buff zone. Spam more store houses than the design I posted. It's up to you to figure out how to do it. Sacrificing a building in the buff zone for a store house is a complete waste.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I don't think it's a complete waste, but I'm not sure you can use even one and not have it be detrimental to production unless you're running really low production time buildings, which itself doesn't seem like a good idea since low production time probably means low value resources. Okay for a cost of meat and tools I suppose, but harder to justify gold and exotic planks. I did toss one there myself but haven't bothered to upgrade it yet (maybe I'll get a gingerbread one and use it there), because I only have 17 buildings there so far anyway. If I can bump up half of them by a a few percent, I'm good with that, though the final building would (probably) outweigh that benefit from even a single storehouse, let alone multiple ones that quickly start to make the math comparison really bad.

World
    Zeus
    I don't consider giving up a space or 2 for a storehouse a waste, even when dealing with long production time buildings. Besides, during setup I had to bomb a couple of storehouses, but couldn't bring myself to bomb the level 6 one, so worked around it.

Having said that, my setup doesn't make use of every single available space in the grid anyway, which could also be seen as a waste/inefficient/not economically sound. Don't care. No matter how you slice it, buffing 18 to 20 buildings twice a day at 300% for 1k gold bars and 1k EWP is cheap. Yeah, 28 to 30 for that price might be even better, but I'm not losing anything by only doing 18 to 20. (I say 18 to 20 because 2 are copper mines that don't always get rebuilt in time for the morning buff)

At some future point I might get a wild hair and decide I've gotta rearrange various sectors of my island so I can find the ultimate location and make use of every available square, but as of right now, I'm totally happy with the way it's setup and functioning.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Will we be able to upgrade this building with presents next year?

World
    Zeus
    According to the Dev Diary, yes. We can upgrade it next year.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    Given that the market can buff 11x11 (radius must be some internal grid calculation and not green field tiles).
    At 10,000 presents to upgrade it, that's hardly a given.

World
    Zeus
    Get ready for the ENDLESS gold mine! That xmas market spot I introduced in this thread that covers the gold mine is going to be nice!

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Get ready for the ENDLESS gold mine! That xmas market spot I introduced in this thread that covers the gold mine is going to be nice!
    Oh, nice. I've been running them at level 3 with some missed buff times using badges when appropriate, but this will be even better.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    The only reason I'm even considering the EGMine is that placement of yours for this year's CMarket. :shifty: Originally I was headed down to S1, but now it's looking like S9 wins.

The only reason S1 is still appealing is the 'huge' Buff Zones from the new Christmas buildings, but that'll need some additional planning.

Reply to Thread