Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What happens after Flash is gone in year 2020?

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Come on now. We are working on a slim browser and also have our current slim browser. No one knows what exactly is happening to flash. It won't just straight disappear. Nothing ever just disappears from the Internet. There are zero plans for the game to shut down.

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    Come on now. We are working on a slim browser and also have our current slim browser. No one knows what exactly is happening to flash. It won't just straight disappear. Nothing ever just disappears from the Internet. There are zero plans for the game to shut down.

-BB_Odhran
    LOL.... Sorry, I was being sarcastic. Every couple of weeks somebody else relates another "incident" that makes it obvious to them that the game is on it's last legs. I find it amusing and can no longer restrain myself.

I've actually posted elsewhere links to BB_Alex's answers to this question. It certainly didn't sound like the game was going away anytime soon from what he was saying. I guess people just have to have something to fret about, regardless of readily available information to the contrary.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Remain calm. Remain calm.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    LOL.... Sorry, I was being sarcastic. Every couple of weeks somebody else relates another "incident" that makes it obvious to them that the game is on it's last legs. I find it amusing and can no longer restrain myself.

I've actually posted elsewhere links to BB_Alex's answers to this question. It certainly didn't sound like the game was going away anytime soon from what he was saying. I guess people just have to have something to fret about, regardless of readily available information to the contrary.
    It's like a once a month topic that always comes up. Someone brings it up in chat and everyone freaks out. I'm starting to feel like it would be too trolly to just play into it.

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    OMG.... that would be delicious. All those people running around with their hair on fire. But I don't imagine your bosses would be too happy with you for setting global on its ear.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    oof these all from 2013 to 2015 now the end is literally close

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Now seeing an end of life warning on the Flash download page. Not exactly new news, but at six months off we're sure starting to get close to that.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    to quote BB_Odhran "no one knows what exactly is happening to flash. It won't just straight disappear. Nothing ever just disappears from the Internet. There are zero plans for the game to shut down."

sorry .. it may not 'disappear'. but every browser i own (4 so far) all state they will NOT run it as of dec 2020.. therefore .. as far as i'm concerned (and anyone else who isnt going to hack their browser) its gone.

and to re-iterate again

the slim browser is 100% utterly USELESS to mac users....

World
    Zeus
    Time to get out your 'Bronze End of the World Trophy'...

https://imgur.com/nLNjAvd

World
    Zeus
    All major browsers will stop supporting it - https://www.adobe.com/products/flash...d-of-life.html . Its already disabled by default in most of them. But yeah keep hoping that some buggy version is gonna stay up so you can force people to use it lol. You have had lots of time to work on HTML5 version but seems like you didn't. You guys have been silent about this ever since the announcement of Adobe ending support for flash came in.

Closed Thread