Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gift Tree broken

World
    Zeus

Gift Tree broken

Just logged in and saw 2 of my trees have gift icons on it. Must be sharing the same cooldown as my first tree.

I clicked on one tree and NOTHING happened other than a bomb this tree popped up. I didn't click anywhere waiting for the surprise box to show up. waited and waited. NOTHING. The icons on BOTH trees disappeared.

2 problems/bugs here.

1. I thought we can click on each tree for 2 separate gift boxes.

2. NO gift boxes appeared for ANY of the trees.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    1. Not two separate boxes. They share a timer and when you click any of them once ready the gift box will pop-up (after you dismiss the annoying UI move or bomb window) and you will get 1 gift per tree that you have from that gift box. So one tree will give only one reward. Two trees and the box will give you two and so on. Then the timer resets for another week, and the icons for all trees disappear.

2. That part actually is a glitch. It is that same annoying 'lag'/hiccup/freeze nonsense that messes up everything else (buffing, posting a trade, completing a quest...) so you you don't get to see what you got. Though you should have got something. (The action works fine on the server, just not on your UI, and when the game resyncs whatever you got is already in star and you will never get to know what it was unless you have a good memory of what you had or something is now there completely out of place)

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    1. Not two separate boxes. They share a timer and when you click any of them once ready the gift box will pop-up (after you dismiss the annoying UI move or bomb window) and you will get 1 gift per tree that you have from that gift box. So one tree will give only one reward. Two trees and the box will give you two and so on. Then the timer resets for another week, and the icons for all trees disappear.

2. That part actually is a glitch. It is that same annoying 'lag'/hiccup/freeze nonsense that messes up everything else (buffing, posting a trade, completing a quest...) so you you don't get to see what you got. Though you should have got something. (The action works fine on the server, just not on your UI, and when the game resyncs whatever you got is already in star and you will never get to know what it was unless you have a good memory of what you had or something is now there completely out of place)
    Correct.

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    If this is a case of broken display. It needs some serious fixing.

Feedback: As anybody knows "LOOT drops" or "Mystery Boxes" is exciting when you see it open and you see what you get.

Not seeing what you get feels like you just got cheated or it was broken leaving players feeling bad. A negative gaming is experience.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    It has been suggested before (either her or in test I don't recall) but having the treasure box send your goodies to a loot mail letter after it shows you, rather than having it go straight to star would fix this problem. Then even if you don't get to see directly what you received, you will still see it in the generated letter where you actually claim your prizes.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    It has been suggested before (either her or in test I don't recall) but having the treasure box send your goodies to a loot mail letter after it shows you, rather than having it go straight to star would fix this problem. Then even if you don't get to see directly what you received, you will still see it in the generated letter where you actually claim your prizes.
    I will make this suggestion to the team. They are also working to get a fix for this issue out as soon as possible.

-BB_Odhran

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I just got the gift box symbol on both trees, clicked on one and nothing happened except for the bomb icon showing up. No mystery box, no spinning hourglass, nothing. Then the gift box symbols disappeared. Refreshing doesn't help. This is the second time this has happened. What is worse than a crummy gift from the gift tree?......how about no gift from the tree 2 weeks in a row, and to think I spent my precious presents on this. And no, there is nothing new in my star.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Have to say this must be implemented it kind of **** to receive gift that you actually have no clue what you actually received.
    Need to give us ways to actually know what is the gift.
    Trade Mail look like the best simplest idea.

World
    Zeus
    Yup. Just happened to me again. 2 gift boxes appearing on the 2 trees. Clicking one. both icons disappeared from the trees. a popup bomb window and NOTHING happens. no indication in log system tab. I can't tell what I got. Since my rarity is producing books, I can't tell if I got a book or not. which is probably the only decent thing that the tree could give.

This is the worst gaming experience ever to pay for a tree or selecting the tree as the prize option and seeing NOTHING happen.

More players should complain about this. It's the only way they listen to feedback. Otherwise its on to the next event development ignoring a half-arse xmas gift tree idea.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    when are they going to fix the hiccup that messes up buffing, sending explorers and geos, posting trades, completing quest, etc ?

Reply to Thread