Reply to Thread

Thread: Handwriting Day

Administrator
    World
    Zeus

Handwriting Day

Dear calligrapher,

Today it's not common anymore to send a hand-written letter; writing by hand is seen as an elegant activity of the past. Today it’s Handwriting Day and it does not only ask you to put your pen to the paper, but also to share some of your special achievements throughout the years.

• When was the last time you actually wrote a letter by hand?
    • Do you write down notes about tactic maps by hand or on a virtual notepad on your PC?
    • Did you create a made-up alphabet for your settlers or did you ever think about creating your very own "letters" for your island?

If you create something special and outstanding using the art of letters, share your experiences with the Community!

Happy writing,
    BB_Odhran

World
    Ares
    Greatest achievement to date I have to say, was 22 million XP points in the Halloween graves, Jumping me from level 64 to level 65. I ran so hard and eat lots of snacks to keep me alive. I ran fast from the ghouls to make 65. Pumpkins i saved and double xp points I played, premiums help to top the big score making a million and even more. I celbrated as we neared the of the event, I sped to the shops and money i spend. A bottle of beer of euro decent and down my gullet the beverage went. Its been a long haul to get to 66 but and the christmas event it will be a clickty click.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Handwriting Day

Remembering as an ex-teacher, teaching my students everything necessary for neat and legible handwriting skills, never thinking I'd see in my lifetime the death (hopefully not) of an art. My grandchildren even use their smart phones to send me messages. I have kept some treasured handwritten notes from parents. I know they were written with careful thought since they can not be deleted and rephased. I have one from my oldest grandchild which I treasure with my whole heart. Next time I will show it to her.
    Now, my handwriting , sometimes illegible, makes me cringe. Though not a letter, I have to copy the guides on to paper since I don't have a printer. Unfortunately , it is done with numbers and abbreviations.
    You have inspired me to hand write , which I will do on the stationary I still have .
    Thank you so much.
    I hope more people decide to write at least one handwritten note to someone special.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I still hand write stuff, mostly because my printer is broken.
    I send hand written cards and letter because it's more fun to get them than an email or text. I guess I am old school.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Being an elderly Methodist Elder, I had write most of my Sunday presentations by hand. It is usually in outline form and I am aware I could do this on my computer but I seem to think better if I write it out. I do keep track of my Settler adventures in handwritten notes, how many troops I need and what type, how many troops I have left, what my attack options are with/without blocking. Yes I could keep track on-line but the numbers work better in my head if I handwrite it on paper. My special stuff which I would write out by hand before putting into computer format was daily living skill goals for people with intellectual disabilities. Certain tasks sometimes had do be broken down in the minutest of steps for them to be able to grasp and hopefully progress in learning a new skill. I would usually use a yellow legal pad for those and that gave me lots of room to write, and extra notes and doodle. I believe the thinking process, at least in my case, seems to work better with handwriting.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I often write notes on scratch paper before typing these ideas and stories up. When I find myself cluttered with tons of notes & papers, that the most important thing I remember is to use these scratch papers for fireplace kindling.

Reply to Thread